• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Hidden threads in politics

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Lets say I lead an ally of people who I've never played with before and there are 3-4 people amongs them who are skilled and I know I can trust. I want to be able to create threads which can be read only by them.

The creation of the threads will be very simple, it will happen with a tickbox just like the "sticky - " and the "officers may post only - [O]" threads. The tickbox can be "Hidden - [H]" and only people with the ability to read hidden threads will be able to read/post in such threads.

Thank you.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Re: Hidden threads in politics

I like this idea, it would be very useful in an alliance with less experienced people, where the leader can discuss with his officers things that need to be sorted- attacks/activity of members/replacements etc.

How would you have the 'trusted people' chosen f0xx; would it be an officer's read only or would there be an option somewhere for the leader to list IDs who can read it?

Garrett

Landscape Designer

MattM said:
How would you have the 'trusted people' chosen f0xx; would it be an officer's read only or would there be an option somewhere for the leader to list IDs who can read it?

he's going to put names in a hat and whatever his penis touches will decide who to trust.

i don't like the idea because he keeps leaving my name outta the hat :(

otherwise tis not a bad idea and probably would be something akin to player notes/friend listings.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

MattM said:

In the new age changes Azzer mentioned that leaders will be able to give different priviledges to whoever they decide. This is just one more priviledge.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Agreed.

lightseeker

Weeder

f0xx said:
MattM said:

In the new age changes Azzer mentioned that leaders will be able to give different priviledges to whoever they decide. This is just one more priviledge.

Yes, should definitely be an added option to the "privilege" list.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I very much support this idea. :) Saves having to use PMs in awkward three way convserations or requiring IRC or MSN contact. Nice one.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

did i not suggest this about 3-4 rounds ago and people said, then you shouldnt have people you cant trust in your alli? :S

i totally agree there should be this function.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

If i remember right, Azzer was working on allowing the leader to give permisions to each member. Like see online members, last refreshed, view politics, send HQ troops to any members he sees fit.
He could also code a bit more advanced of this idea giving them a viewing level for politics. Say levels would be 1-5 and on creation you can change the level of your thread from 1 (default) to a higher one that can only be seen by members with that level. Not sure if it's needed but instead just 2 options you'd have more.

For example set all personal(kinky) threads to level 2 and allow all your current members to see them. When a new recruit joins he gets level 1 politics view to access attack/defence threads and later he might be allowed in the more intimate area :) In the same time your trusty diplomats can have a separate thread on level 3 with the current relations with other allies, on level 4 Leader with his right hand(s) make attacking plan.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

There is a "permission level" too, that the leader can set - a number between 0 and 255. This is the leader's way fo prioritising members... eg a guy with level 100 and kick ability, cannot kick a guy with level 101.

I may be able to work this in to the thread system - perhaps an option to create a thread at a specific level, and anyone below that level simply cannot see or take part in that thread. It's added to the list and can always be added in during the first round of Age 5 if not before then, as it's a nice idea and I can see it being useful.

dangerdan

Digger

DarkSider said:
If i remember right, Azzer was working on allowing the leader to give permisions to each member. Like see online members, last refreshed, view politics, send HQ troops to any members he sees fit.
He could also code a bit more advanced of this idea giving them a viewing level for politics. Say levels would be 1-5 and on creation you can change the level of your thread from 1 (default) to a higher one that can only be seen by members with that level. Not sure if it's needed but instead just 2 options you'd have more.

For example set all personal(kinky) threads to level 2 and allow all your current members to see them. When a new recruit joins he gets level 1 politics view to access attack/defence threads and later he might be allowed in the more intimate area :) In the same time your trusty diplomats can have a separate thread on level 3 with the current relations with other allies, on level 4 Leader with his right hand(s) make attacking plan.

great idea.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Cyrus said:
did i not suggest this about 3-4 rounds ago...

I personally do not remember it and if what you are saying is true then I apologise, I do not wish to steal anyone's idea, I just want to improve tha game.

Also, when you say things like that it is nice to use actual prooves, like a link to the original thread/suggestion.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

obviously f0xx improved it.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

and has someone jsut pointed out, everyone supporting your thread f0xx shot mine down :p concider yourself lucky :p

Davis

Tree Surgeon

lol i noticed that too, i think its because the first few people said no, so others follow suit :p

but i have to be honest i dont like azzers new idea, i love "different levels get different privilages" but i think that making it so that 101 can kick 100, is ludacrist what happens when someone in the all with say 100 gets pissed at someone who has 50, for something stupid and decides KICK!

not a good idea IMO at all