Changes?

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Re: Changes?

Dachi, yes, people have started signing up for the new round.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

I don't think it is the new round at all?
I thought there was going to be a mini round before .. the next round isnt for ages and there are no changes, no new database etc?

It would be nice to be told what the hell is going on and untill then i aint registering !

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

New hardware will be up start of January, will want a couple of weeks of testing on it so will probably be a couple of weeks public "playtesting" on it rather than force everyone to remain on this server (the old server physically and softwarely) until testing is done (though we'll see, I may do a week of private testing first to catch any of the larger bugs etc.).

Alliance limits will be 20.

There is very little in the way of unit/route changes, so all of your plans for alliances shoudl be, by and large, entirely unaffected.

There will only be 1 score system - "score" (aka valuation) - so if you had any plans to chase rankings, I suggest you base it off of this!

More info forthcoming this weekend.

Apologies for the delays, the new server hardware, setup etc. has been delayed by 6 weeks beyond the point I actually bought it and it was meant to be ready for, this has in turn delayed some of the development I've been able to do not to mention make any testing possible (thus making any debugging of stuff I do a painstaking process). I'm going to be trying to compress the 6 weeks of delays on the new server, in to no more than 3 weeks of delays on Age 5 for you all, and can only apologise profusely for it, and ask for everybody's patience.

Feel free to sign up to the current round - it's just a random settings world to be going on with in the mean-time.

Satureum

Pruner

Azzer said:
New hardware will be up start of January, will want a couple of weeks of testing on it so will probably be a couple of weeks public "playtesting" on it rather than force everyone to remain on this server (the old server physically and softwarely) until testing is done (though we'll see, I may do a week of private testing first to catch any of the larger bugs etc.).

Alliance limits will be 20.

There is very little in the way of unit/route changes, so all of your plans for alliances shoudl be, by and large, entirely unaffected.

There will only be 1 score system - "score" (aka valuation) - so if you had any plans to chase rankings, I suggest you base it off of this!

More info forthcoming this weekend.

Apologies for the delays, the new server hardware, setup etc. has been delayed by 6 weeks beyond the point I actually bought it and it was meant to be ready for, this has in turn delayed some of the development I've been able to do not to mention make any testing possible (thus making any debugging of stuff I do a painstaking process). I'm going to be trying to compress the 6 weeks of delays on the new server, in to no more than 3 weeks of delays on Age 5 for you all, and can only apologise profusely for it, and ask for everybody's patience.

Feel free to sign up to the current round - it's just a random settings world to be going on with in the mean-time.

Is one of the weird settings set up so your bots threaten my life with you.
That was a bit... terrifying.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Meh i deleted cba playing 2 weeks of burn out ill get refreshed for the new age when it comes.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Twigley of IRC = Darksider ;o

Leader of Lude = me ;o I logged in by accident a few hours before delete so sent out a suicide mob and never logged in cos of sucky sucky world.