• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bring back Cyborg Soldiers

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Ok Azzer,

Why keep Nanobots, unless I have missed something really obvious they are pointless, if you use them to 'last tick' then you may aswell use Scraps or T-Rex instead. At least give us the option back of having Cyborg Soldiers!!

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Re: Bring back Cyborg Soldiers

Sorry, forgot about over using abbreviations: Cyborg Soldiers

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

pinpower said:
But are CS anymore worth having really?

Yes, they are. :p I find it strange that with all the options between crappy units (i.e. EMPs/Paras) we didn't get an option to keep a more valuable unit like CS.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

I also agree- they're really an excellent unit. I enjoyed using them a couple of rounds back; certainly make RPG/Striker would-bes think twice if they see you with 30 mill CS to back up your CWs :)

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

bring back cyborg soldiers!!!!

or replace with an actually useful robo unit.....

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Im assuming they are better flak than i thought? I personally never understood the benefit of buying them later on in the round but was i just misinformed?
x

Garrett

Landscape Designer

soldiers are teh shizzle.

unlike other politicians, this is an issue i've never flip-flopped on. i'm staying the course

vote Cyborg soldiers. Vote early and vote Often

Welshie

Harvester

pinpower said:
Im assuming they are better flak than i thought? I personally never understood the benefit of buying them later on in the round but was i just misinformed?
x

They were valuable health flak :) Having something fleshy to flak your armour based robots, basically =]

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

CS were like automotons, but with better health.
You want to stand against Strikers and RPGs and actually fire back at them? You must flak your CWs and TDs with something that can take majority of the heat and let you fire.

Thats where autos and CSs are at their best and CSs were much much better at that than autos :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
CS were like automotons, but with better health.
You want to stand against Strikers and RPGs and actually fire back at them? You must flak your CWs and TDs with something that can take majority of the heat and let you fire.

Thats where autos and CSs are at their best and CSs were much much better at that than autos :p

And they fire at the enemies LET too ;)

NB. Flaming criticism

I dunno why Azzer keeps listening to some noobs who have no idea how to play, no idea what the MAIN idea behind a route is, who want to change the game just so it would benefit themselves only, who have no idea about route and unit balancing and who are so stupid that they refuse to listen and understand when more experienced players are talking.

I am tired of seeing people of the kind - "Hey, this is my first round, can we change this unit cause I buy loads of them and it never fires?".

First we had the silly change with the CSs, then we had the even more silly change with PoMs. Not to mention adding absolutely useless units like the bunker buster. Routes which are extremely badly balanced, such as the Fantasy and Extremist routes, Vampire route which is not so gimped but still needs to be looked at.

All I have to say is - listen to your experienced players Azzer.

PS. For those who don't remember, --->here<--- is the original thread which lead to the removal of the CSs and the introducing of some useless unit whos name I don't even know.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Hmm, a couple of people on that thread said "They needed improving/weren't good enough" as about the best comments they got there, and in the Creator's Day, when I brought up removal of CS and replacing with a conversion unit, absolutely nobody opposed it at all or stuck up for CS's (in the one-on-one or the open chat area). Yet now you're posting like every experienced and pro player in the game were raving about how amazing CS's were and they shouldn't be removed as if I've made some horrible mistake ignoring you all.

Saying I don't listen to experienced players is ridiculous when said players keep pretty quiet until something is actually changed ;) And the fact I don't follow every experienced player's comments is a good thing, one quick look at page 1 of any forum sections shows how divided said "experienced players" are on so many subjects, and how often they come up with some pretty crazy things.

I'll look in to nanobots/CS once more in Age 5, but let's keep the accusations about me "ignoring all experienced players" to a realistic, proportionate, and fair level.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Well, not every player was able to be online on IRC in the creator's day and even if they were this doesn't mean that they were paying attention to the 5 minutes you were discussing CSs.

Also, I do not say that the idea about a convertion unit is bad, it's quite good actually. Nanobots though, suck completely and are not even 1/10 as useful as CSs were and the main reason CSs were removed is that they were useless right?

Why replace a "not-so-useful" unit with something even less useful?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

f0xx said:
Well, not every player was able to be online on IRC in the creator's day and even if they were this doesn't mean that they were paying attention to the 5 minutes you were discussing CSs.
Also, I do not say that the idea about a convertion unit is bad, it's quite good actually. Nanobots though, suck completely and are not even 1/10 as useful as CSs were and the main reason CSs were removed is that they were useless right?
Why replace a "not-so-useful" unit with something even less useful?

I love borg, and borg-like things... I'd definitely rather be able to improve the nanobots to a feasable/desirable level (without overpowering them), so suggestions to this effect definitely welcome (I know nanobots are currently not as good as they are meant to be).

Max

Garden Designer

How about this: make nanobots have a reasonable amount of health.

This way nanobots can act as health flak in the same way that Cyborg Soldiers did. Instead of being able to kill on all three ticks, the nanobots are arguably better because of their powers of assimilation.

Besides, we all know that the borg are part biological and part machine! (poster watches way too much star trek...)

This way nanobots can serve as lethal flak which accumulates with each new battle.

Elderveld

Official Helper

Aye, sweep the current armor whit Health and mayb Range only ?

septimus

Harvester

Id think firing close only makes more sense? As is when they actually roll out no ally has watchtowers, so unless an online member is getting attacked you could never use them defensively.

But, swapping the armor to health seems to make sense to me