• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance HQ and attacking them...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Alliance HQ and attacking them...

Aye it does make me think HQ needs a bit of a tweaking, but i do have hopes for Age 5. :)

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Ahem, i was pointing out how your argument is flawed. I dont know how Martin missed it as well. You said it was a stupid tactic. And now everyone says it can be good. Even you Alci and Martin. Might i remind you that the reason you wanted to be able to rush AHQs was to 'teach those who do it a good lesson'. Are you now saying you want to 'teach those who dont employ the tactic in a clever manner a lesson'?

Some consistency please ;)

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Alcibiades said:
There is no tactically good reason to send out to the HQ; i'd slap any fool in my alliance who did it.

Yes there are. And I'm surprised you're not familiar with them.

Why should you be able to rush AHQ? The HQ units suck enough as it does, and there's little tactical advantage to be gained from rushing a larger alliance's HQ, opposed to rushing a larger player in said alliance. Unless of course that player has his troops there, in which case you should be able to rush him with thieves. Besides, with his troops there he cannot be woken up to defend his alliance, meaning you should have better luck rushing the other players.

In any case, I find pure let rushes to be bad for this game. I realize that it might be needed to win a war, but most of the pure let rushes are sent in "peace time", against inferior enemies, and cause destruction not only to the targeted player, but also to the game.

As most rushes harms smaller players more (and hence a larger portion of the player base), I feel that this suggestion will harm the smaller alliances more. And I must also stress that the tactics, and the viability of the different tactics, vary from where in the rankings you play at. For smaller alliances that lack a decent night cover it might very well be a good idea to have players sent to the AHQ while sleeping, so that they'll only lose land, and not several weeks worth of troops as well. At the HQ they will have the added protection of the rest of the alliance, and it will usually be targeted less by random attackers. Because of this I'm against any suggestion that makes it easier to bash AHQ's.

I hope that the HQ will be upgraded and buffed to such an extent that it will be an optional way to run an alliance. It should provide massive benefits to those that are willing to pay the price, and, while I don't want it to be "mandatory" to win a game, I want it to play a larger part. Your suggestion will nerf the usability of the HQ further, which I on a general basis cannot agree with. (In addition to that I don't see any reason for this particular suggestion to be implemented.)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I must admit to being somewhat surprised at the outpouring of support for maintaining the inviolability of the HQ. Whenever i'd previously brought the topic up for discussion there was horrible castigation of those who used the HQ; so i naturally assumed there was a large base of support. It would appear I am wrong... ;)

I still don't like the idea of Units sent to an HQ to be unable to be rushed but it appears my wants and desires will be superseded (oh noes!). No-Dachi, if HQs get a larger role i can't really complain; as it stands to me i just don't like the inconsistencies between rushing at home and rushing an HQ. I guess that's just a personal feeling though.... thanks for explaining.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

IMO sending to the HQ is a valid and often very useful tactic...i myself (as a pom) have sent to the HQ a number of times when i know i am going to be uncontactable...Often people will be blinded by the possibility of free land and attack you at home when your troops arent even there...Also as someone said if you can get a few of your ally mates to send a couple mil RPGs/F117s/PAs or w/e there as well its even better.

However i agree that you should be able to rush HQs, it should be done by an average score of the alliance (like how attacking HQs is)...i see no reason why it wouldnt be like this already...?

x

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

timtadams said:
Ahem, i was pointing out how your argument is flawed. I dont know how Martin missed it as well. You said it was a stupid tactic. And now everyone says it can be good. Even you Alci and Martin. Might i remind you that the reason you wanted to be able to rush AHQs was to 'teach those who do it a good lesson'. Are you now saying you want to 'teach those who dont employ the tactic in a clever manner a lesson'?

Some consistency please ;)

My understanding was Alci called it a 'stupid tactic' so I simply explained the benefits of it? I think it is a valid tactic and I don't agree with rushing the HQ, if you wish to leave your land unprotected, then it's up to you.

Please do not try and 'read between the lines' with my posts and assume I am refering to something else, I have responded directly stating the benefits without putting my view on the 'rushing suggestion' (until this post). If you wish to assume you could see my post, stating the benefits of it being the way it is as an argument against change?

;)

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Fair enough, to be honest i didnt read most of what you said, I just read Alci's post and thought you had same position, woops ;)