Google Phone

Wacky

Planter
Does anyone have it? I just broke my mobile, so considering giving it a try. I don't want an iphone because 3/4 of the kids at my school have it and I can't stand the typing on it.

Tim

Harvester
Re: Google Phone

A lot of the reviews suggest that the Google Phone (G1) is over-rated and has several flaws. Haven't seen one in real life though.

Harbinger

Pruner

Have a look at the new Blackberry Storm - it's gorgeous and beats the iphone for sure.

Wacky

Planter

Aye I just took a look at it. I'm on Verizon so it wouldn't be a hassle to get it either. Will want to go see one first as currently the only touch screen experience I have had is the Iphone, which is terrible imo.

Harbinger

Pruner

It's a touch screen that clicks - weird but very good. Mine is on its way :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Harbinger said:

The samsung touch phone (Samsung Instinct) clicks/vibrates if you so wish it. I think that's a far better phone than both the Google phone and the iPhone dealy. Seems to have all the functionality, without any of the flaws and without the nasty pricetag.

Souls

Official Helper

Alcibiades said:
Harbinger said:

The samsung touch phone (Samsung Instinct) clicks/vibrates if you so wish it. I think that's a far better phone than both the Google phone and the iPhone dealy. Seems to have all the functionality, without any of the flaws and without the nasty pricetag.

QFT :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

[20:23:44] <Souls86x> what shared opinion? :p
[20:23:56] <Souls86x> oh
[20:23:59] <Souls86x> that the instinct rocks? ;P
[20:24:04] <Alcibiades> yeah
[20:24:09] <Souls86x> instinct ftw
[20:24:13] <Alcibiades> i don't see what's so great about a phone that 'clicks'
[20:24:19] <Alcibiades> that's like the main selling point of the google phone or w/e
[20:24:21] <Alcibiades> it's hilarious
[20:24:22] <Souls86x> lol
[20:24:24] <Souls86x> my phone clicks too
[20:24:37] <Alcibiades> OMG NO WAI
[20:24:47] <Souls86x> yeah it's like i'm actually pressing buttons
[20:24:49] <Alcibiades> and it's about half the price of the iphone
[20:24:51] <Souls86x> BUT ITS A TOUCH SCREEN
[20:24:54] <Alcibiades> OMFG
[20:25:00] <Alcibiades> madness...
[20:25:05] <Souls86x> i don't know how they did it
[20:25:14] <TehPantz> magic
[20:25:17] <Alcibiades> ....
[20:25:19] <Souls86x> obviously!
[20:25:20] <Alcibiades> pantz ftw.
[20:25:28] <TehPantz> Level 5 sorcery
[20:25:33] <Souls86x> lol
[20:25:34] <TehPantz> its insane
[20:25:35] <Iamsmart> DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!
[20:25:41] <Souls86x> level 14 "Click"
[20:25:45] <Alcibiades> rofl

Wacky

Planter

And my storm arrived today. so far I'm loving it. Only dislikes are the screen is the keyboard takes up 3/4 of the screen when typing in landscape and the button depresses way more on the outside (by the spacebar) then in the middle :/ slightly irritating. Other then that it's the best touchscreen I've used by far.

saint1d

Head Gardener

touchscreen for texting = pain in the backside

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I have not tested this phone so I can not take sides to that, but I can say that I take touchscreen typing any day over stupid 3 letters to 1 button thing. I have touch screen on my phone and pretty often I dont bother to change to qwerty keyb, but use touch screen instead.
Ofc in my screen it only takes like 1/4th of the screen, and is used by stylus. But so is everything else. You get used to it, and I wouldnt change back! After I have used my phone using, Yukis K800i sonyericsson feels like freaking lousy phone with very poor handling. (love the camera tho)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

touch screen ftw if you have lithe and agile fingers. if you have big fat sausage fingers it would be harder i'd think. But i'm pretty adamant that 1 button 1 letter is the way to go.

Souls

Official Helper

Alcibiades said:
touch screen ftw if you have lithe and agile fingers. if you have big fat sausage fingers it would be harder i'd think. But i'm pretty adamant that 1 button 1 letter is the way to go.

The less you think about what you're hitting and the faster you go, the less mistakes you make. :p

saint1d

Head Gardener

ofc everybody has their own preferences, but after having a touch screen phone for over a year, I've gone back to regular. Typing with my thumb and not having to even look at the screen is a lot better for me. Yep, my fingers are not very agile lol

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Well whatever you're used to i guess, i'm faster with the touch screen than i would ever be with the original key/letter layout. :) and the touch screen gives you more options as well, as you can then scroll through pages also. To each their own, touchscreens ftw ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i have recently got an iphone and would highly recommend it! Have nothing bad to say about them really...its awesome!

x

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I will not suggest anyone to get a phone that has no hardware keyb of any kind. In that area it is better to get google phone than iphone. That is ofc my opinion.
I tried iphone once for 3 seconds and didnt like it. I dont say you need qwerty, but I think phones do need some kind of answer, ignore, go throught settings hardware keys, in case it is summer and sun is shining and you cant simply see smeg of your screen etc.