• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

rts

rooney

Head Gardener
Re: rts

f0xx said:
You don't need to be one to have a rough idea of how much work it is needed to make such a game, especially if you want it to be a quality one.

but im sure out of all the people playing this game someone has the skills needed to do it, and who knows they might be willing as well. as i said, as far as i was concerned there was nothing to lose by suggesting it, so i did.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Oh, boy, let's be realistic now.

Do you know how much time it takes to create a RTS game? Years. And that is if you have a whole team of people working full time on that project.

Not even going to mention the whole balancing differences there will be from the real (browser) based bushtarion, because gardening is not the most important thing in bushtarion (as BW tried to make it out with his sucky AoE example). Most important things in bushtarion are flakking, gathering intell, armor stripping and then health killing. It is not about creating a unit called "Cybernetic warrior". It is about gameplay.

And lastly, I am not saying your idea is bad, hell if I had the time, resources and knowledge I would have gone for it. And I am sure there is absolutely noone who has those three requirements.

rooney

Head Gardener

f0xx said:
Not even going to mention the whole balancing differences there will be from the real (browser) based bushtarion, because gardening is not the most important thing in bushtarion (as BW tried to make it out with his sucky AoE example). Most important things in bushtarion are flakking, gathering intell, armor stripping and then health killing. It is not about creating a unit called "Cybernetic warrior". It is about gameplay.

thats a very good point actually. making an rts with those as the main elements may now actually be so great. oh well.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I'm a PHP/web-coder... I do databases, and websites... PHP, Javascript, CSS, HTML, and PHP! I'm also a one man band.

Most graphical games (not counting "indie" games) have teams of programmers, artists, designers, sound-engineers working for years on them, with budgets ranging form hundreds of thousands to tens of millions.

At the best I could compete with the indie games - but as that's not my field of programming (nor is it a field I enjoy... I played around with writing a 3d rendering engine some years ago and just didn't enjoy it), it'll never happen ;)

PHP's a language I love, probably my favourite language of the many (35+ or so) I've used in the past near 21 years... and so website based games aren't something I intend to stray from :D

As for my other game - the RPG web game - it's probably around 70% complete atm, maybe 75% at a rough guess. I haven't been able to work on it for months due to Bush, and won't be able to work on it at all until sometime early next year. It's still all planned and still going ahead, but as a one-man band I can't code Bush & the RPG at the same time, on top of dealing with players and forums and cheats and what-not too, and then trying to have a "real-world" social life in the middle of all that! :D But I try my best ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

However, I'd love to work on helping someone mod the hell out of sc or sc2 with graphics and new maps. maybe new sounds...

just would have to find a way to make 2 new races/branches... AND keep them balanced.

maybe it'd be easier to mod something like alpha centauri 'alien crossfire' which is a turn based strategy game but has the same/similar 3d view as star craft...

plus you can already modify the race attributes and select how many enemy factions you want in a game....

would be tons of fun.