Compensation for Losses Against Multis

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Compensation for Losses Against Multis

Would post a follow up comment but Alcibiades has basically said exactly what i was thinking...agree completely with what he has said above.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Everything is already in the game this needs. You can see directly how much £ worth of units player has lost vs another player from enemies table, I bet that table is much much longer in game archives and it is actually tracking all IDs vs all IDs.
So when player is locked certain % of amount of units lost vs that player are returned to players ID... maybe like 50% or something.

Hardly much to code actually since Enemies list is already there.

Now to what Alci said...
I have not talked about compensation for people who reports a multi, and I think Fredds "I defended with cash I want my cash back" was hilarious. But in the other hand I dont think anyone should get unfair advantage over others due acts of cheaters. Thats why I have always thought some kind of compensation is in place.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

BlackWolf said:
Now to what Alci said...
I have not talked about compensation for people who reports a multi, and I think Fredds "I defended with cash I want my cash back" was hilarious. But in the other hand I dont think anyone should get unfair advantage over others due acts of cheaters. Thats why I have always thought some kind of compensation is in place.

Ah my apologies if i misinterpreted what you meant there. I honestly think 'Insurance' was a good thing. It works not just for multis and for normal ingame bashes but that kind of thing provides a compensation that isn't completely unfair and if it's in cash it allows you the option to spend it as you please. You'd have to make it a cash arrangement, you couldn't return units or land. It wouldn't work with units bribed and land stolen; then restolen; then lost, and regained. Even then on a mixed BR it would still be hard...

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Well land has an cost too, so I bet Azzer could figure in minutes a way to cash reward from lost land too... I think whole idea behind this is more revolutionary than actually implementation of it. I just hate to lose units land to people I know are multies and it might take days/weeks for them to get locked... meaning that everyone else playing get unfair advantage over me.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Unless you want me removing any gains you had from attacking a multi too, then compensation won't be going in. And I can imagine the outcry "Hey you just removed 1,400 land from me and troops valueing matching the 27 days income of that land, what gives!?!?"... "Oh, the person you got that land off almost a month ago was just locked for being a multi".

And then there's the victims of victims - people attacked by a multi, go on to attack somebody else now in their score range, that was not previously in their score range, because of the multi.

And all the other complications, unknown impacts and side-effects.

Compensation for an account deleted will not be going in.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

See that is exactly what I mean. You cant count in such situation concequences of consequences. It is simple as that. It is much harder to land on multi, as such those people who have landed on multi have beated the odds and are free to keep those acres... Why would they need to be punished from doing favour for this game and kicking the crap out of some multi? In case they would be farming some multi it is completely another story and most likely they would get locked themselves.

Sometimes I just dont get on what level your ideas go Azzer, thank god it is not my problem, but in case multies have such impact to this game as they have had on previous rounds and in case of fredd I think you have a problem on your hands, and every time you tell people to turn another cheek to these cheaters you are encouraging people to cheat or to quit. Thats at least how I see it.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

I agree with Azzer my idea of using the enemies list as compensation is smeg'd up, and like i said before i had been farming some of those multis listed previously. And Azzer needs to treat all players equally (not the multi's) so if he were to compensate people for loses due to multis he would also have to take away the gains people have got from multis and then there is the question of what did i do with all the gains from that multi i farmed? I went and killed legal players and then i got killed myself, Its kinda like sueing maccas for getting fat, i'm the one that is eating the food that is bad for me.
So it becomes impossible to note everything that happens due to one multi, i reckon they should just be booted rom the game as soon as convicted, as it is now. No compensation and no questions asked. Azzer is like a God in this game, if he says nothing can be done then NOTHING CAN BE DONE

Or do you not believe in God/gods?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

BTW just to add to this, I'm not aware of any games that give compensation to players affected by a person who gets suspended/banned... from small web games to the likes of epic MMO's like World of Warcraft. While somebody desperate to make an argument of it may be able to trawl around the internet and find some odd rarities where it is done, the vast majority of cases it's not done and for exactly the reasons of the unknown of what positive and negative impact a cheater may or may not have had on not just the players involved directly with them in some way, but all the indirect consequences too.

Lock & punish the cheats, get on with the game. It's logical, it's sensible, and it's the only fair thing to do.

Fredd

BANNED

Azzer asked me to post this suggestion so I did.
Obviously it was either to a) waste my time, b) make me feel better, c) make him feel better, d) get some real discussion going, e) waste all our time or f) all of the above (joke).
I give up.
Hope you all enjoy this flawed game.
To those I have played with . thanks for putting up with me or helping you win battles/rounds.
To others . go get .... :D
LOL

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i had a suggestion once. it was a crap suggestion azzer said i should post it on forums. i believe for two reasons one.
1) he likes the player base to make the choices
2) he thought it would be a little funny to see me get flamed :p

on this topic though.
multies suck.
azzer is fair.
compensation of 5 credits is adaquit as you get 35% injuries.
and yes its a shame your such a nice guy you tried to help the allie and defend than be selfish and dev., but in reality deving early on is always of most benefit.

congrats on finding the multis

I'm sorry but I know the first set of ID's that where locked. I've already spoken to Azzer about it and have made my peace and moved on but after reading this I am a little upset.

The only thing we where guilty of was the fact that we where babysitting accounts. Your not allowed to do that, we where banned and I understand that. Real people where behind each and every ID on that list, but not everyone had too much time to play so other people ran the accounts some times. Completely against the rules and we got locked.. we deserved it.

I don't intend to argue that point at all.. it looked like multis and every bit of evidence points at being a multi so we where banned that's the way it goes and it's fair.

What I don't think is fair at all is the guy getting compensated those 5 credits. No one made him buy those credits, and to be fair if you buy credits and are zeroed by anyone else you don't get compensated at all.. you deal with it. I had paid for a private world (world 3) and didn't even get compensated for not being able to finish a world I paid for.

So quit whining, you got credits you didn't deserve, Azzer was more than fair and even nice about it.

Quit staring that gift horse in the mouth buddy.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

That is very nobel to conceed you deserve to be locked. I'd like to point out that even if Azzer knew you weren't multis he would have locked you anyway for baysitting, as that is also an offence to be locked for.

I'm not sure if you were aware of it but some of what you had written looks like you think you were locked for looking like multis...

Just don't want you to make the same mistake again :)

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

timthetyrant said:
Talking about hostile IDs, i think there should be a way to kick a Leader through unanimous vote or majority vote, casue being in an alliance, being continously taxed, and donating, not being able to spend any thing on HQ developments, and being down a player, is quite annoying. I know first hand. And i didn't think we lost to many IDs. And not to gloat or anything, but i was that "setback" in Desperadoes global thread. :),

Kick the leader from his own alliance? That will NEVER happen. Too much potential for abuse.I know from many rounds experience that no leader can please all his players all the time. If you are unhappy with how an alliance is being run then I suggest you take advantage of the leave alliance option and find one more to your liking. Or, if everyone is unhappy with it then leave and form your own.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i think he meant you are only allowed to kick the leader if the leader himself is locked...therefore ****ing up things for the ally as a whole!

mrmongo

Harvester

yeah annoyingly that 2nd list were in the first ally i joined... so i didnt stay long after they were locked... which was after all 4 id's in the ally defended me! anyhoo im thinking this round is sucky, i joined a 2nd alliance which went from 19 to 9 members in a day... so no defence there, no trying to find a third alliance but it just sucks... it will prob be another similary ***** one which im forced to join so that i dont get landraped or killed everyday, while trying to save on **** all acres cause if i get too many im screwed... bring back AR!! doh

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

If you don't like being in a crap alliance, try and get in a good one. If you can't get in a good one you obviously aren't active enough to be in a good one. If you aren't active enough to be in a good alliance, you don't instantly deserve to be able to keep all your land whilst not being online.

To cut a long story short, if you don't want to get land raped all the time, get online and do something about it.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

tobapopalos said:
If you don't like being in a crap alliance, try and get in a good one. If you can't get in a good one you obviously aren't active enough to be in a good one. If you aren't active enough to be in a good alliance, you don't instantly deserve to be able to keep all your land whilst not being online.

To cut a long story short, if you don't want to get land raped all the time, get online and do something about it.

Very true, I'm in an extremely good ally and I haven't lost a single acre so far. But then again, I'm extremely active.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Hobbezak said:
tobapopalos said:

Very true, I'm in an extremely good ally and I haven't lost a single acre so far. But then again, I'm extremely active.

+ youre extremly handsome and funny

mrmongo

Harvester

toploadofcrockapoopalos you obviously didn't get the point of my post. Im not active, stats say 4hrs a day activity, i don't want to be allied i wanna be ally of one solo but im not given the opportunity this round which is why the round sucks. I prob wont break 3k land cause id rather keep my troops to kill poor unsuspecting targets when i am online. Thats why it is a sucky round because my personal choice of allied or not is not an option. Why go unallied with no gov? That just sucks.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

you have so much anger young one. would you like a hug?

I also have a gold star for you remaining solo.