TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Re: Employment Status

timtadams said:
cant you add one that says:

student and employed?

or something similar?

No.

The idea behind my thread is to see whether one is contributing to society at all :)
Being a student isn't considered unemployed by the government, so I won't count it as such. But then again it isn't employed. So I gave it a separate category.

Oh, and I enabled revoting, so feel free to try again.

artanevilla said:
Just dropped out of college so unemployed and looking.

Sir I feel honored to have claimed your first post :eek:

aGit

Harvester

TheNamelessWonder said:
No.

The idea behind my thread is to see whether one is contributing to society at all :)
Being a student isn't considered unemployed by the government, so I won't count it as such. But then again it isn't employed. So I gave it a separate category.

Oh, and I enabled revoting, so feel free to try again.

i believe you misunderstood what timtadams meant. Alot of students work while studying. Like me for example, i attend lectures (ironically tho, im skipping one as im writing this) and try to get as many shifts as possible into the week (usually totaling around 24h per week)

I dont believe that out of the given options, any are for me. I'd require the option for a working student.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I've added to the list the options;
Self-Employed
Student (With Job)

If you want to rack up total people with a job, as you said in your reason for not seperating "students with jobs" and "students without jobs", just sum up "students with job" "employed" and "self-employed" and you have the same data anyway, while allowing people to vote a bit more accurately!

Like the students with jobs not wanting to put "student no job" or just "employed", I feel self-employed is very different to employed. I'd never call myself employed, because it implies an employer other than myself (otherwise there wouldn't be the phrase "self-employed") - and I definitely have no boss ;)

Welshie

Harvester

I'm a student who's doing a year long full time placement. So I work 40hours a week, but I have student status ;) I clicked Employed.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I'm usually (and have been for 4 years at least) a student with a job. Currently i'm unemployed, due to negligence, arrogance, mismanagement, and an awfully short temper.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

God dammit, adding retired to the list reset the whole list... stupid poll system, I was only adding 1 option, not editing/removing any others :( Sorry!

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Alcibiades said:
I'm usually (and have been for 4 years at least) a student with a job. Currently i'm unemployed, due to negligence, arrogance, mismanagement, and an awfully short temper.

Future D.M.V. supervisor eh?

:p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Asmodeous said:
Alcibiades said:

Future D.M.V. supervisor eh?

:p

The negligence and mismanaged were my managers and supervisors who were incompetent, incapable, and have now incurred up to 12.8 million dollars worth of damages to the restaurant. That's only in terms of restoration, renovation... it does not include the profits they will lose from being closed for renovations.

The arrogance and short temper are my faults tho, as i'm sure no one here would have guessed ;)

Chezz

Harvester

I think there's an error either with my computer or the polling system.

After I cast my vote and I see the 'Your Vote has been successfully cast' and I clicked the link below to go back, the poll looks as if I can vote again, although the numbers don't change after the 1st time. I've tried refreshing but it's still available for me to 'vote' again and again. Any ideas?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Chezz said:
I think there's an error either with my computer or the polling system.

After I cast my vote and I see the 'Your Vote has been successfully cast' and I clicked the link below to go back, the poll looks as if I can vote again, although the numbers don't change after the 1st time. I've tried refreshing but it's still available for me to 'vote' again and again. Any ideas?

The poll has been created to let you change your vote any time, so you will always see the options available, and the option you picked, and be able to change it. You should see a little "x" to the right of the option you have currently picked.

Defender

Weeder

Employed buy her Majesties Armed Forces.

(still in training for a bit though, massive trade course ahead)

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

Azzer totally ruined my poll, totally defeated what I was getting at. Thanks guy.

^not joking

Mattheus

Head Gardener

What were the options before? And what were you getting at?

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

I just wanted to see who was "contributing to society" and who wasn't :eek:

I had Employed, Unemployed, and Student (no job), because students aren't technically unemployed nor employed.

But oh well. The damage is done, carry on :snipersmile:

wazoo

Planter

soon to be homeless autoworker
GO DETROIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!