How did you?

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: How did you?

I hang around arcade games alot in my childhood and later when i was still young and foolish the pc & internet exploded all over Romania, in my town alone we had over 200 i-cafe's. So i made the transition to pc games :D It was also a cool thing to have your very own mirc channel (in undernet). I decided to make a cool channel for myself .. and after alot of thinking i choosed #darkside. I didn't had a nice nick to go with it and in a moment of inspiration (i think) i picked DarkSider and was left with it :p

Stevey

Pruner

Mines rather interesting

My nickname since about 12 years of age has been stevey, and so my name is... Stevey

told you ;)

rooney

Head Gardener

aGit said:
rooney said:
needed to think of an irc nick and was watching match of the day. then i went with it :D

...wait, you're saying you're NOT Wayne Rooney? :shock:
that would have been a much cooler reason wouldnt it...
wish i thought of that tbh :D

saint1d

Head Gardener

I used to be a total stoner but found that it's not best to tell everyone, so always used the nick saint1d = st_one_d. I just keep using the same nick now cos it's what i'm used to.

Hippie

Harvester

whenever i played online fps games with friends i chose bright colours for my character (yellows, pinks etc) cause i hated camping. people called my character a hippie for it and it stuck.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Well I was tugging the old salami, then smelt something cleaned it out and there you go my nick :D

saint1d

Head Gardener

Cheese said:
Well I was tugging the old salami, then smelt something cleaned it out and there you go my nick :D

lol :lol:

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

well i have two gamer names
1)Tim The Tyrant- just sum alliteration that rolls off the tongue.

2)Timstarius Maximus- Back in primary school we used to put "star" or "ster" as a suffix, just for fun (Timstar, Timster). And then after doing sum stuff with ancient Rome and watching gladiator, i figured you could add "us" as a suffix onto most things to make it sound grander (Timstarius), and the gladiator in Gladiator has Maximus as part of his name so i took that as well. =Timstarius Maximus

Nitrous

Head Gardener

Back in Primary school in year 6, I used to be the fastest in my year (and in turn the whole school.) I think one of the "After School Club" dudes called me Nitrous, since I always got off the mark really quickly. Ever since then I just kept it.

Steve_God

Official Helper

Mine is a two part thing:
1) I have very non-religious views, and its partly an ironic statement about my views.
2) I'm always quietly confident about myself ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Steve_God said:
2) I'm always quietly confident about myself ;)

After seeing you in a channel and then talking to LDA, there is very little if anything you do quietly ;)

TaO

Tree Surgeon

BigBoss: When i was working at some place i was made into chef, and i sorta was a *****, tell everyone what to do, while i was chilling.. doing nothing..... people started calling me boss since then, and coz they all was younger then me i was BigBoss to them..

TaO: just sounds fun.. and its a song from VanGelis *Tao of love* great song ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao
plus it has a wiki page FTW!

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Back when I started using IRC in the early nineties, I used the latin version of my norwegian name as a handle, as french and italians I chatted with didn't really get the "EI"-sound in Eirik, and there was always someone using "Eric" as a handle on the big networks so I couldn't use that, and it then became a habit.

(I worked as an IRCOP on a few larger "commercial" channels, and needed a fixed handle.)

BeakY

Harvester
Buckinghamshire, England, Earth, Milky Way

when i joined sith form my hair was shaved short and it came down in a point between my eyes and receeded up on the outside of my eyes, so it "apparently" looked kinda beak-ish, hence beaky,,,,i liked it so it stuck

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

some 18 years ago i saw a cartoon which was about a sherrif and a sheep thief.
The sheep thief stole the sheep and shipped them away with a train.
Only when he arrived at the trainstation he saw that the sherrif was waiting for him there.
The Trainstation had a sign saying AT SANJOSE but because the translators had to translate from english to dutch they decided that instead of a sign they would make it the name of the sheep thief.
So the sheep thief said his name was A.T. Sanjose.

Because A.T. are my initials and i was like 5 yrs old and didnt speak a word english i thought it was a really cool name. Then later when i start getting active on internet i saw it again and since that time i used it :p

Podunk

Head Gardener

Basically I thought of a random word and shoved it in as my nickname. Fascinating eh?

Chezz

Harvester

BeakY said:
when i joined sith form my hair was shaved short and it came down in a point between my eyes and receeded up on the outside of my eyes, so it "apparently" looked kinda beak-ish, hence beaky,,,,i liked it so it stuck

Then why do you have a capital 'y' at the end?

Souls

Official Helper

"Souls of The_Tormented"

My R13 name :p