Complete Removal of AR

Complete Removal of AR

• positive impact on the game... farewell AR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

00micbro1998

Planter
Having listened to several comment in regards to this bold move for people to join in allainces.
I am creating this Poll and thread so people can put there thoughts down all in one place.

Will this help the game?

Do you agree or disagree with Azzer?

Any comments and your vote will be good :)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Re: Complete Removal of AR

We already had such a poll, but noone can tell FOR SURE how this will affect the game, that is why Azzer what is wisest, test it in a mini round.

Jubjub

Planter

AR sux. Alliance fights and zeroing till the end!

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

i agree with the removal of pure solo
but disabling ar aswell, its a bit ott, some people just cant play allied, either due to other commitments or due to their playstyle/personality

so giving them an option to play alone that is vaguely capable at keeping them alive for more than an hour or 2 is good

there will be less players than ever playing this round.....

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

While many of my suggestions have been to improve alliance play, i moaned for ages for a war system and how to make it better etc, to make alliance play an enjoyable experience i have to say this change alone is imo a bad one (even for 1 round). One of the reasons players went solo en mass last round was because alliance play in a mid/low ranked alliance it's hardly fun. You have no side quests that can give a meaning to your efforts, no l/f, no bh, just value and effectiveness which ofc it's earned much easyer on high value aswell. It's true that many enjoy that anyway, but i think alot of them played allied last rounds because they are addicted to the game and want to stay around the old circle of friends, and not because they thought the gaming experience alone was great fun and worth it.
The aim shouldn't be to force feed some **** and hope the players to get used with the taste but to make the comeback to team/alliance play a nice experience that you remember in age 5 and want to continue playing in one. Atm the diehard solo's or those that prefered solo slightly more than being allied are forced to either quit this upcoming round or play allied which they didn't quite like before. There is nothing changed about alliance play except the extra 5 members so i can't see how sudently they'll find it great fun.
I hope to be wrong but i have a feeling some will be left with bad memories about giving another try to alliance play.

Lupus

Head Gardener

Jubjub said:

YAR! /me shakes fist in agreeance

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

AR's not disappearing from the game, AR is definitely a positive thing, and will be in Age 5 for absolute definite. It's only being removed (well, "disabled" as opposed to "removed") for this final Age 4 round.

Pure Solo is being removed for Age 5 though, but that's a different topic.

Jase

Harvester

Lupus said:
Jubjub said:

There's no true zeroing anymore! :(:(

But if AR was taken out solo's would be ally players with noone to defend them... im solo played, probs got gov 5x max last round so im not beefing about you saying it should be removed, there is people who hide behind it too much but even if it was removed, there would be something else added into the game to benefit solo's instead... Solo = way too easy nowadays :| (r28 couldn't play much, 1-2hr day active and got r.82 at end... something is a little wrong with that saying some ally players play 10+ hours a day and end up 150+)...

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

not going to vote because after christmas we will see what sort of influence no ar made
to the game.
And i think if it has had a positive effect Azzer should implent it.

for now i see twice the ammount of alliance and players recruitment post on the forums which i think is a positive thing.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Masterhunta said:
Lupus said:
Jubjub said:

That is a sad thing and is evidently contributing to player burnout.

Masterhunta said:
But if AR was taken out solo's would be ally players with noone to defend them...

Good, then we can kill them or they join an ally. :) Both positive results.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
Masterhunta said:
Lupus said:
Jubjub said:

That is a sad thing and is evidently contributing to player burnout.

Indeed AR might be necessary if Injury were removed. Maybe if injury were limited to INN only .

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The non-zeroing thing is a really weird issue.

On one hand I've seen many players quit the game very upset because they got zeroed. On the other hand the inability to "kill an enemy" seems to bore people.

Is there any possible middle-ground? Or modifications to any systems that would count as a compromise (eg Harriergirl's mention of making injury be INN units only, that sort of thing)?

Kuda

Official Helper

Azzer:

how about one of the features of declaring an official alliance war ingame gives the ability to zero completely?

if the allies aren't officially at war, then injury functions as normal. Might encourage alliances to actually use the declare war function aswell as keeping people happy that they can zero again

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Kuda said:
Azzer:
how about one of the features of declaring an official alliance war ingame gives the ability to zero completely?
if the allies aren't officially at war, then injury functions as normal. Might encourage alliances to actually use the declare war function aswell as keeping people happy that they can zero again
Aye thought of that myself just after I posted the above, I think somebody suggested it a little while back (perhaps during creator's day)... it's probably a good idea, even a necessary idea.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Psht i gave you several suggestions about it, to make several different war declarations types that can be selcted only by the declaring alliance. That way an alliance suspecting another alliance might want to war them will put the war mode on with the type that suits them best.
As in aggressive type - low injury bigger land grabs, Or just for the declaring alliance bigger grabs but they also get low injury, while the alliance that got declared on keeps normal injury but have to hold onto acres.
Defensive type - increased injuries in any defence for both allies.
etc.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

Kuda said:
Azzer:

this doesn't really help in resistance alliance attacks. Furthermore, One of the bigger problems with injury is that it keeps you in range of your attackers. I don't know if it would help encourage the use of War Declarations or not as the attacking ally gets more "shots" at land and whatnot with injury .it's the defending ally that's put in the tough spot of being less troops, yet still in the range of attacking ally.

TaO

Tree Surgeon

complete removal of AR is madness.

example 1:
allied player gets kicked / steps out of alliance, next thing you know you get massed by your ex alliance members non stop. nothing to fear anyways as there is no AR. so you'll get massed till you find a new alliance.
example 2:
50million value guy *solo* gets attacked by 5 guys at 200million value, waving, as there is no AR.

etc, etc

i know there was too many solo's around lately, but the main reason people decide to go solo is, because alliances demand too many frmo a regular person.
an avg alliance needs at lesat 6 hours activity a day if they actually want to stand a chance to end in the top 15 of alliances.
you have to be contactable at all times now a days, and i can go on like this for ever.

myself have been playing allied for all of my rounds, except my last 2 / 3 rounds, which 2 i was Psolo and the 3rd i started allied and went solo for almost 30 days that round.

being a solo requires alot less then being allied, being solo brings fun in the game, allies just demand too much from people since the past rounds/years

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Can't wait for no AR solos. I'm going to butcher them all, revenge for countless rounds of AR abuse. Tough **** solos, Doomsday has come for you!

f0xx

Landscape Designer

TaO said:
complete removal of AR is madness.

example 1:
allied player gets kicked / steps out of alliance, next thing you know you get massed by your ex alliance members non stop. nothing to fear anyways as there is no AR. so you'll get massed till you find a new alliance.
example 2:
50million value guy *solo* gets attacked by 5 guys at 200million value, waving, as there is no AR.

etc, etc

i know there was too many solo's around lately, but the main reason people decide to go solo is, because alliances demand too many frmo a regular person.
an avg alliance needs at lesat 6 hours activity a day if they actually want to stand a chance to end in the top 15 of alliances.
you have to be contactable at all times now a days, and i can go on like this for ever.

myself have been playing allied for all of my rounds, except my last 2 / 3 rounds, which 2 i was Psolo and the 3rd i started allied and went solo for almost 30 days that round.

being a solo requires alot less then being allied, being solo brings fun in the game, allies just demand too much from people since the past rounds/years

What a load of bull...