I don't thing attacks are supposed to go this way

Type Sent Remaining
Gardener 10,133,415 10,133,415
Harvester 126 118
Geo-Phys Thief 306,325 7,559

that's part of my mob returning from an attack in which I didn't land at all.

Could someone explain this

It's more of mass confusion about how this happened than a gripe

I was attacking a POM user, and the deaths came from his alliance mate

Other members of my alliance that attacked with me experienced similar effects

Steve_God

Official Helper
Re: I don't thing attacks are supposed to go this way

All the 'easy' flak, eg, gardeners got distracted - I'd imagine by Gurus or PoMs.

Then for those 'harder to kill/distract' units in your mob, eg, the Geos, would have been the only ones left for any later firing lethals to shoot at, so they would have been killed.

It's the concept of using 'sweepers' in attacks :)

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Could you please post the battle-report in itself?

It seems your geo's died but your flak didn't. A good and simple explanation for this is that the Poms distracted all of your Gardener flak, leaving your geo's free for other units to fire on and kill. ;)

Edit: and what steve said.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

A prime example of why harvesters stacked with gardeners CAN help :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

On the upside styrofoam_sword, at least you knew that attacks weren't supposed to go this way ;)

TaO

Tree Surgeon

Unit:
You Distracted:
Gardener 42,314,956,961
Harvester 2,335,482,850

i dont think attacks are supposed to go this way either.
i mean cmon, a war game? and ppl do nothing but sending in millions of troops to outflak you... where is the war, bring back war into the wargame!

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

TaO said:
Unit:
You Distracted:
Gardener 42,314,956,961
Harvester 2,335,482,850

i mean cmon, a war game? and ppl do nothing but sending in millions of troops to outflak you... where is the war, bring back war into the wargame!

you talking bout war while youre a pom....

Seetal

Weeder

Well ofc people will try to flak you because you have no LETs, YOU choose to go POMs and everyone knows that POMs can be flaked fairly easily. Why would anyone want to send Lets when they can just flak you again and again yet keep you in their range instead of killing you, taking just 1 land grab and in turn making you fall out of their 30% range or close enough to doing so?
Also you might want to get Hypnos if you want to know what it feels like to "kill" (well bribe) something yourself ;) that is ofc instead of complaining about not getting killed and how this isn't a war game :/
Also in war, some leaders just send mass amounts of men simply because they would overwhlem the enemy forces ;) Have you seen the movie 300? ;P There's a prime example ;)

...and Atsanjose has a very valid point ;P ...words of wisdom no doubt ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

There are definitely ways around being outflakked as a POM. I dunno, if you're smart about it, you will beat out your enemies almost everytime. i've played POMs for ages and they are a blast, and a real nasty ***** to land on, pardon the expression. Almost too good at holding onto land if i was pressed for an opinion ;)

TaO

Tree Surgeon

atsanjose said:
TaO said:
Unit:
You Distracted:
Gardener 42,314,956,961
Harvester 2,335,482,850

you talking bout war while youre a pom....

POM are also part of a war, politicians bore the hell outta ppl and then the LET finish the job x)
and why cant a POM be a part of a war? tell me?
if POM cant join in a war then why is there a complete route based on protestors in a so called wargame?

Also you might want to get Hypnos if you want to know what it feels like to "kill" (well bribe) something yourself ;) that is ofc instead of complaining about not getting killed and how this isn't a war game :/

i got them hypnos' and bribed over 1billion flak aswell this round, dont talk to me like im some sort of noobie x)

and still i think you dont know what i mean, your close wit the example from the movie "300" but still. i mean its a war game, and all that people seem to do now a days is outflak.
now if a war was about outflakking then why would a country actually still bother in arming their troops? why wouldnt they just send their farmers?

its a war game, its about killing the others, making sure they wont be able to take revenge in any sort of way.

i agree i also outflak people, but thats mainly coz i got no LET this round x).

Lupus

Head Gardener

TaO said:
dont talk to me like im some sort of noobie x)

but we all know you are yuri, <3
on the other hand thats some nice pillow fighting you've been doing this round...you going a proper route next round?

timtadams

Landscape Designer

TaO said:
now if a war was about outflakking then why would a country actually still bother in arming their troops? why wouldnt they just send their farmers?
lol, thats cause no country has enough farmers :D

TaO

Tree Surgeon

but we all know you are yuri, <3
on the other hand thats some nice pillow fighting you've been doing this round...you going a proper route next round?

Thnx Lupus <3 love you aswell, anyways ofc im going a proper route next round, bored of no killing! :(

timtadams said:
TaO said:

smartass, instead of farmers send flies :)
innocint and cant kill a thing ;)

Davis

Tree Surgeon

TaO said:
timtadams said:
TaO said:

Since when have you been able to tame flies, and then command them to attack a region, and since when have people in the army felt the need to kill flies? i mean send something like cats! attack cats! because no one loves cats its just a good reason to get them killed without putting blood on our hands!

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

Davis said:
TaO said:
timtadams said:
TaO said:

Since when have you been able to tame flies, and then command them to attack a region, and since when have people in the army felt the need to kill flies? i mean send something like cats! attack cats! because no one loves cats its just a good reason to get them killed without putting blood on our hands!

But what cats do? Sit around licking themselves and sleep all day? even if they were "attack cats" trhey wouldn't do much except cough up hairballs. And their blood would be on your hands cause you made the idea.What we really need is protestors to help prevent war from occuring, so we can all live in peace. That way there is no need for bloodshed.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

timthetyrant said:
Davis said:
TaO said:
timtadams said:
TaO said:

But what cats do? Sit around licking themselves and sleep all day? even if they were "attack cats" trhey wouldn't do much except cough up hairballs. And their blood would be on your hands cause you made the idea.What we really need is protestors to help prevent war from occuring, so we can all live in peace. That way there is no need for bloodshed.
How do we rid the world of cats then without bloodshed oh intelligent Tim? (Well, lets face it, anyone with that name has to be awesome :D )

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

We can just dump them on the Arctic Ice-cap and they can fight each other for dominance and they can create the Cat Empire (which are awesome), and they can send their armies at us and that way their blood won't be on their hand but on their feline ruler. But eventually global-warming will melt the ice-cap and we all know cats don't like water, hehehe. And as a lot of our politicians say "global warming is natural" so its just natures way of saying "you scratched me stupid cat" and then nature will kick them into Oblivion (which is an awesome game). Or they can just get eaten by the eskimoes and polar bears

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Or we could send all cats to the moon

What happened to this topic i wonder :(

TaO

Tree Surgeon

Then the cats will become artifiacial intelligent creatures! and they will work together with the aliens from other planets and we are defo doomed!

i like this topic x)

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Aha! but the cats will actually be unwilling spies, unknowingly sending us humans secret information on planned alien invasions! 0X