nobreakspace (Official community resource - News/Updates)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Re: nobreakspace

I agree with you f0xx, i dont see anything wrong with it, and i dont mind that people pay for it. I know there will be some advantage in having it, but i dont think it will help them win the game.
I think that the people who want it banned are just getting upset over nothing really.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Blackwolf...do you think that these programs which were previously banned should have been banned???

Treebee

Digger

BlackWolf said:
And you two could read what others have posted and then think again how much for example dumpdata or GITK alliance tools gave advantage and yet got nerfed to oblivion.

Agreed. Hell, I'll make you a deal. You let me use the GITK commander again, and I won't say boo about you using Polo's plug-in. But I guarantee that you people without the commander would be fussing up a storm due to an "unfair advantage".

I don't mind the GITK commander being banned; I leave that to Azzer's discretion. But this is a similar beast, and if it's treated differently, then it will sure feel like I'm on the wrong end of some blatant hypocrisy.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

lol...i understand the whole "continuity" argument...BUT

If you dont think a program (or w/e) should be banned...and then argue that a program should be banned because it is similar to this...surely in your opinion polo's extension is fine and shouldnt be banned?? Am i right?

(Again, before anyone argues i do understand that people want everything treated the same...but putting that aside...you should surely think that polo's program is fine to be used and to be available for payment only...otherwise your arguing both sides of the same debate)

timtadams

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
I will pay wilddisease 5 bucks from sending me the hacked version that doesnt expire.
BW, It seems like you used to use the extension, why now the distaste for the tool?
Maxi said:
Quite funny how people love it when it's free but want it banned when it's not. :p
There are many people who dont think the extension is that advantageous:
Dematto said:
Need it? naah. Handy? Hell yeah.
f0xx said:
saint1d said:
Of course it gives an unfair advantage!

No it doesn't.

Code:
Summer:
Early hours -> Dawn -> Morning -> Noon -> Afternoon -> Evening

Winter:
Midnight -> Early hours -> Morning -> Afternoon -> Dusk -> Evening

Spring and Autumn:
Midnight -> Early hours -> Morning -> Noon -> Afternoon -> Evening

There you go, now you don't need the extension.

I really miss the thing which tells me how much money I make per tick/hour/day though. And my projected vallue too and the harv calc :cry:

pinpower said:
you dont need this add on...i dont have it..i dont plan on getting it...there are free applications available still so if you really feel the need to have one download those...

i am almost without speech that this is creating this much of a debate...its baffling...
philipd12 said:
i dont rely on it :D just makes life alot easier :\ lol
Pinpower, exactly what im thinking
pinpower said:
while it does give people that have it an "advantage" the way people are talking about it portrays it as more than it is. The add-on just makes things quicker and easier, so yes it is an advantage in that way but it doesnt actually do anything that couldnt be done by a player without it (fair enough it would take alot longer but still)...

stop whinging, i actually agree with garrett on this. This is polo's creation, if he wants to charge for it...fine...if you dont want to pay for it...fine...dont have it. Some of the people that are complaining are very experienced players that arent going to be at a disadvantage to new players that have this add-on (and most people around here these days dont think objectively for the community anymore)...i therefore see only 2 reasons why you would argue: for the sake of it (most likely with some people *points at BW) or jealousy/annoyance that they cant have what someone else has.
BW, i do hear you but you really seem to be getting too worked up over it. Sure some other people might want it banned, but maybe you should talk directly to Azzer about it. I dont mind if its banned or not. Maybe an agreement could be made with Azzer could be made, maybe allow certain parts but not others...

Anyway, Illumination does have a point that the tool can help new players
Illumination said:
I think the nobreakspace is a great tool-kudos to polo for developing it. I can see how the experienced players are frustrated by it-it does cut the learning curve in the game drastically- no counting ticks-defense on your attacks all lined up clearly for you.

But I also think this is needed. Bushtarion in moving along in its years and there is a huge gap between the people who have been playing for 5-6 years and those that are just starting. Its very difficult for someone newer in the game to come close to competing with the old timers (and I agree that normally this is just a given truth, experience earned deserves a more successful account). But when the life of the game is at stake, I would think that all that can be done to level the playing field for the new players would be implemented. The top will still come out on top- but the newer player can at least focus on the routes and what does well against what...without having to figure out what tick comes after early morning in a given season.
Maybe im being ignorant, but if someone can explain how the plugin offers such an advantage to those who have it, i might agree that it should be banned, or at least partly restricted.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

To put it simple there has not ever been and never will be a such tool that wil give "advantage" over others. Azzer has made this game such with random factor of combats and not revealing units real stats.

How ever when people see a tool that is giving them releave of duty, easier way to go or any other way some kind of advantage over people who are not using the same tool have so far been "banned"/tweaked.

For example... at round 10 or so Azzer introduced dumpdata to this game. It is simply wordview stored to one database. Of which people made their own tools that for example showed ID X score and acres. What is the problem with that? Well main problem was found out to be during flak wars when such tool could save you last tick and current one and then compare land amounts. You could easily spot land lost amounts and send to people losing land = bad defence.
In return Azzer changed dumpdata to update once in every 6-12 ticks.

GITK leader Microchip made too for his alliance(s), they had possibility too chat and do things in one alliance even they were divided to two (by in game mechanics). They also had some automated systems inserted. First of all no automation is ever to be allowed which alone is speaking against Polos tool, as it is automatically doing things for you, yet it is not automatically actually doing things for you (Small but meaningfull difference).
Microchip removed all automation from his tools but same time gave up the work due how much crap this game is full about. His system was pretty much same kind of thing you could do with any add-on, only that was different that every player logged in throught same website, which was not bushtarion.

I am using Polos extencion (would), the day I am playing, why?
Cause I know how to make it work without paying. I have not cheated, or actually got anyone to give it to me. I thank Lukey from that small piece of info that saved my days while I did play.

Do I think it gives advantage? Hell yes! Why?
Because it does everything I normally cba to do for me without I realize it. It gives me huge advantage over my previous self.

Do I want it to be removed?
Hell no I want someone to go to Polo beat the crap out of him and make him realize what kind of a hole he is.

Get my point?
Good I wasnt thinking so, it is exactly what you get from having 1000 people with 1000 opinions, no matter what you say they never agree of anything. (I so wish there would be 10k)

This is not about Polo, as I said and f0xx said I would freaking gladly do same IF I had the skill and will to do same. Yet I still think the problem is not in Polos add-on, problem is in the system... simple as that.

Hell I love Polos add-on!! I just dont understand why it is allowed to be when such awesome things like dumpdata and GITK thing were "banned". Get my point?

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I agree with most of what you have to say, you make some good points. I'm simply saying the advantage it gives does not necessitate a ban. I wasn't thinking about previous plugins, because I've never used them; I don't know how they helped.

I personally don't care if it is banned or not, considering the debate and division its caused, and who knows, it may not be long before it is. In which case polo will have to start thinking of hosting his site on a different server for free, because if it is banned the wont be able to pay for it.

Maybe its just the fact that people keep complaining about it that I wish we could move on.

Dematto

Weeder

timtadams said:
There are many people who dont think the extension is that advantageous:
Dematto said:
Need it? naah. Handy? Hell yeah.

I never said it wasn't advantageous, I think it is very so. Not needing it, as in it's very possible to do most of it's calculations on your own. But it does give an advantage.

I don't get what people moan about tbh :/ set aside one pound/euro/dollar a day and you'll have the money for it within a week. It's bullsmeg that someone would not HAVE the money for it, they'd just rather moan about it not being free.
Drink 3 beers less in the pub one weekend and you've got the money for it right there, rather spending this money on something else is of course totally valid, but don't ***** about it then.

I do hope that Azzer implements enough of these little things in Age 5 so that new people get the hang of the game a lot faster, but untill he does so people need to either pay Polo or shut up. If Azzer intended on banning it he would've done so already, nobody is going to convince him by posting on here it should be banned.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I agree, i think it does give you advantages, I just said that it wasn't that advantageous (see in the quote). I just said it doesn't necessitate a ban. But then again, thats just my opinion and isn't going to change anything.

And I also agree with you on the point that everyone should shut up about it, so from now on I refuse to post anything on this thread :D

timtadams said:
Maybe its just the fact that people keep complaining about it that I wish we could move on.

Khris

Pruner

to me its nothing about the "cost" of it or not.

Its the fact that **** that has done alot less has been banned for less, then this comes along that does alot more and theres no problem. I have no problem setting my clock back every time i actually need to use the Polo plug in. only use it to check the ticks on big attacks. but eventually there does need to be some sort of balance in all this ****. too much favoritism IMO. this game has just turned into who is friends with who more. I think that is another reason why theres no influx of new players. if you arent in the in crowd you are the fat kid in dodgeball.

I'm just glad i did my part to come in and knock a few of the tough fat kids out :p

Ranzou

Harvester

Khris said:
to me its nothing about the "cost" of it or not.

Its the fact that smeg that has done alot less has been banned for less, then this comes along that does alot more and theres no problem. I have no problem setting my clock back every time i actually need to use the Polo plug in. only use it to check the ticks on big attacks. but eventually there does need to be some sort of balance in all this smeg. too much favoritism IMO. this game has just turned into who is friends with who more. I think that is another reason why theres no influx of new players. if you arent in the in crowd you are the fat kid in dodgeball.

I'm just glad i did my part to come in and knock a few of the tough fat kids out :p

With the exception of the plant all button, there's no issue of breaking rules here is there? All the add-on does is parse the data provided and present it in a nicer way. All the calculations that it does can be done by anyone - all the data is there for you to collect and process. I have an excel sheet that does similar things, should that be banned too?

Besides, is it even possible to enforce a ban on an add-on? I can understand banning auto-refresh, but how would you detect someone using a certain add-on?

Also, I don't think it's an issue of favouritism here. Microchip's GITK commander was banned, but that was clearly pushing it.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

If with this GITK thingy players were logging on through an external source to play bush...with players from different alliances able to play as one through an external program...then that was completely different to (as ranzou said) a nice little add on which takes information anyone can get and puts it in a nicer form...it isnt doing anything you cant do in your head/with a bit of time...

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Khris said:
this game has just turned into who is friends with who more. I think that is another reason why theres no influx of new players. if you arent in the in crowd you are the fat kid in dodgeball.

Minifreak is much closer to Azzer than Polo is (in terms of friendship if this can be discussed at all) and his GITK thingie was still banned, so mister, you are talking a piece of crap, not to repeat (as the people above me stated) that Polo's extension does nothing illegal while Minifreak's thing was changing the Bush code (or something) which is illegal.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i say let azzer post here about how things are progressing on this topic because, the addon is a bonus to me, free, hell ill use it jsut for the extra knowledge that i dont have to work out, pay for it hell no. addons and extensions should be free to everyone, azzer hasnt said make this for me blah blah no you did it off your own back, i commend your efforts polo i do, but to slap on a pay to use method on this to fund your graph website which in all fairness who uses it? thats abit wrong.

like i said many moons ago, ask someone else to upload it. im sure many would jump at the offer should it bring this to public use. and that sir gives you no valid reason other than to increase your bank account :)
if you wanna make money out of it then just say instead of covering the picture in smoke yeah? ;)

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Cyrus said:
but to slap on a pay to use method on this to fund your graph website which in all fairness who uses it?
Time Period---Distinct Visits---Total Visits
1 Hour-------------------7------------13
6 Hours-----------------15------------48
24 Hours----------------29-----------224
3 Days------------------73-----------649
7 Days-----------------176----------1520
4 Weeks---------------709----------8901
1 Year----------------5506---------93684
All time---------------6584--------106573
Distinct Visits = Unique Visits (ie. only 1 visit per IP is recorded)
All time = 1 year and a couple of months, I think

Quite a few people, don't you think?

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

okay then mr. then charge those 10000000000 people? ;) that could be 100 people visiting it 500 times a day

Khris

Pruner

f0xx said:
Khris said:
this game has just turned into who is friends with who more. I think that is another reason why theres no influx of new players. if you arent in the in crowd you are the fat kid in dodgeball.

Minifreak is much closer to Azzer than Polo is (in terms of friendship if this can be discussed at all) and his GITK thingie was still banned, so mister, you are talking a piece of crap, not to repeat (as the people above me stated) that Polo's extension does nothing illegal while Minifreak's thing was changing the Bush code (or something) which is illegal.

I wasnt talking about just the extensions.. its the game as a whole. Now that you are down to a few decent allies, everyone has there "cliques". I was just getting off topic.

I love how everyone says "lets wait for Azzer to post on it". So next year? lol

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Polo said:
Cyrus said:
but to slap on a pay to use method on this to fund your graph website which in all fairness who uses it?
Time Period---Distinct Visits---Total Visits
1 Hour-------------------7------------13
6 Hours-----------------15------------48
24 Hours----------------29-----------224
3 Days------------------73-----------649
7 Days-----------------176----------1520
4 Weeks---------------709----------8901
1 Year----------------5506---------93684
All time---------------6584--------106573
Distinct Visits = Unique Visits (ie. only 1 visit per IP is recorded)
All time = 1 year and a couple of months, I think

Quite a few people, don't you think?

I know I myself visited the site AT LEAST 20 times with different IPs.