• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Nerfing of Solos.

WildDisease

Pruner
Re: Nerfing of Solos.

Wrong f0xx,

Azzer will be ruining the game just by abolishing Psolo.. PSolo was introduced after players were complaining that Alliances were too overpowered against solo's and here we are trying to remove it.. Atleast 80% of the playerbase plays solo and a huge chunk of that 80 percent is psolo..

Think about it, PSolos get protection for maybe 4-5 days after they have been hit/zeroed and then it's usually cleared by then! Alliances have 14 other players to defend them, ALL ROUND.

First you guys requested that the CRA be removed, and it was.. fine
So now you cry about AR? If you sent carefully and weren't too lazy to calculate it, you could get by on an AR of 70% EASY. PSolos are being stripped of the basis that makes this game better than it would ever be if alliances ruled. Where's the rule of the underdog? David and Goliath? We all know the playerbase is too unorganized and lazy to conduct resistance so what gives? If a solo can play on his/her own and still make the top 25, then SO BE IT. Just because you lack the skill and hide behind your alliance does not make you deserve to be in the top 25 at all.

What's the point of removing solo? This is an alliance game for those who play in alliances, what about the *majority* who play solo and especially psolo though and don't want to join an alliance because they lack the activity and simply don't want to engage in the rules that arise from being in an alliance.. Would your solution be to lead an alliance because leadership is an inherit skill and not everyone can do it..

f0xx

Landscape Designer

No, you are wrong WD. One person should never be able to do as well as 15 (20 in past!), having in mind we are talking about players of same skill and activity. David and Goliath rule? Are you even serious? This can't be used as a real argument.

As for your comment, I can see it coming from a selfish player who cares much more for his own well being than the game itself.

PS. I can calculate every AR and kill ANY solo.

philipd12

Harvester

Solo should be designed for inactive players that have better things to do than play a game but still want to play abit. Therefore my suggestion is that solos should be limited to the amount of time they can spend on the game a day. For example they are only allowed online for 5 hours and then if they have been online for the 5 hours they will not be able to log back in until the next day

Garrett

Landscape Designer

what if the whole world was made of nerf. wouldn't need bungee cords anymore. just jump off any building. would be good time i think.

i think most of this rounds solos are made of nerf. they are all spongy and eat fatty foods. hopefully their benefits will be made of nerf in the next age.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

philipd12 said:
Solo should be designed for inactive players that have better things to do than play a game but still want to play abit. Therefore my suggestion is that solos should be limited to the amount of time they can spend on the game a day. For example they are only allowed online for 5 hours and then if they have been online for the 5 hours they will not be able to log back in until the next day

WHAT?! So, the one day I'm home from work because I'm sick, or I get a day of and the weather is crap, I wont be allowed to play the game for as long as I want?! How about if i have an attack out? The game freezes me out and I loose all my troops to defence or AR defence?

No way.

Augustus

Head Gardener

philipd12 said:
Therefore my suggestion is that solos should be limited to the amount of time they can spend on the game a day. For example they are only allowed online for 5 hours and then if they have been online for the 5 hours they will not be able to log back in until the next day

I'm sorry but this is the worst suggestion so far. Not only in terms of alienating players because of the playstyle they choose, but also in terms of keeping potential customers from spending money. If I was only allowed to play 5 hours a day, I would most definitely not spend £5.00 on a P-unit. I still think that the answer is to improve Alliance play rather than nerf solo play.

Loz

Harvester

WildDisease said:
Wrong f0xx,

Azzer will be ruining the game just by abolishing Psolo.. PSolo was introduced after players were complaining that Alliances were too overpowered against solo's and here we are trying to remove it.. Atleast 80% of the playerbase plays solo and a huge chunk of that 80 percent is psolo..

Think about it, PSolos get protection for maybe 4-5 days after they have been hit/zeroed and then it's usually cleared by then! Alliances have 14 other players to defend them, ALL ROUND.

First you guys requested that the CRA be removed, and it was.. fine
So now you cry about AR? If you sent carefully and weren't too lazy to calculate it, you could get by on an AR of 70% EASY. PSolos are being stripped of the basis that makes this game better than it would ever be if alliances ruled. Where's the rule of the underdog? David and Goliath? We all know the playerbase is too unorganized and lazy to conduct resistance so what gives? If a solo can play on his/her own and still make the top 25, then SO BE IT. Just because you lack the skill and hide behind your alliance does not make you deserve to be in the top 25 at all.

What's the point of removing solo? This is an alliance game for those who play in alliances, what about the *majority* who play solo and especially psolo though and don't want to join an alliance because they lack the activity and simply don't want to engage in the rules that arise from being in an alliance.. Would your solution be to lead an alliance because leadership is an inherit skill and not everyone can do it..

/me high fives WD^^^^

AMEN!

Garrett

Landscape Designer

WD you are right in your post in the first line only. Psolo was brought about because picking on solos was easy... however, it was too much power for the solos and has shifted the game in a way it wasn't intended so therefore Psolo isn't really working. Couldn't care why you like it. Yes I've played and portaled as Psolo so blah blah blah, here's my nuts or whatever.

Psolo is destroying ally play.

nerfing solos has to and will happen.

end of story.

check age 5 updates for solo plans.

bye bye psolo suckahs.

/thread

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Garrett said:
Playing solo is fine, but for a solo to play 3 hrs a day and secure a govt value portal ranking by doing so? ridiculous.

While for an allied member relying entirely on his alliance to keep his troops alive and hold his acres while playing 3 hours a day and portaling at the end it's not ridiculous ? It's not solo's fault if other players don't zero them once and send a wave of geos right after. If a guy plays 3 hours a day and he ain't picked on means majority of the playerbase is looking for cheap/free acres while sitting on acres. Hopefully with the revolutionary (^^) score system from next round where score is "earned" instead sitting inactive on acres some things will be better.

Garrett said:
Psolo is destroying ally play.

That would be like saying eating more apples is destroying the pair market since less pairs are needed so their price will drop. Nobody can say pairs > apples, and then eating more apples would be a negative thing or if in fact eating more apples it's actually an improvement. Same in bush, psolo is one side, alliance is another. Players are free to choose what is more suitable for them.

Alliances while offering more "group feelings" be them bad or good also have different requirements usually much higher than a solo. If majority of the playerbase is playing solo means the alliance play doesn't give them enough satisfaction to compensate for the increased requirements. That can be fixed in 2 ways, and i'm much more into suggestions to improve ally play rather than make solo's crap so you have to pick the less shitty option when you want to have some fun.

WildDisease

Pruner

f0xx said:
No, you are wrong WD. One person should never be able to do as well as 15 (20 in past!), having in mind we are talking about players of same skill and activity. David and Goliath rule? Are you even serious? This can't be used as a real argument.

As for your comment, I can see it coming from a selfish player who cares much more for his own well being than the game itself.

PS. I can calculate every AR and kill ANY solo.

f0xx, who are you to say that one person should not be able to do as well as 15? There are so many variables in this game that the right combination of play will allow that one player to reign, that's how Azzer designed the system. If he hadn't, more players would mean more wins. Let's go back to Round x or 1x and build powerblocks then?

Why are we talking about players of same skill and activity? I've done as good as solo as I have in an ally numerous times, and my activity never changes, but my skill grows. David and Goliath does rule, this game was built in that way. Each route has it's weakness', a 2b player can zero a 10b player. You know it and so does everyone else.
PS. A high school student could. Algebra 101. Do you want a cookie? I've been able to since it was introduced. A solo with 0 AR is not hard to kill, in fact it's damn easy. People just want land and they want it as easy as it gets!

Glad DarkSider is against this selfish movement too. I've taught him his first round well =P

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I can see only 1 selfish player here WD, this is you. End of my posting on the stupid solo discussion. Players want to hoard advantages of solos calling others selfish... You want to play solo? THEN GO ****ING DO IT! But don't ask for those advantages that the current solos have, because then YOU are the selfish one and people like YOU are those who kill this game.

moorer

Pruner

Well said Darksider, agree with every word.

The call to nerf solos is a knee jerk reaction by those who have no solution to the few solos who do abuse AR by triggering. Not all solos in the top 100 cheat, some are there on ability you know.

To slap all solos down because of the actions of a few is not the way to go. I play solo, I am top 100 this round without having to resort to triggering and I know several other solos also in the same boat. Why should I and they have our enjoyment of the game lessened just to make alliance play easier?

I don't have the time to play in a ftw alliance and I don't fancy being in a lower/mid ranked alliance being farmed by the top 4/5 alliances/ Solo play allows me to play when I like for as long as I like. Take away AR and pnaps and I will stop playing and, I suspect, so will a high percentage of those who play solo.

Not everyone worships at the altar of alliance play or considers it to be the be all and end all of Bush.

WildDisease

Pruner

f0xx said:
I can see only 1 selfish player here WD, this is you. End of my posting on the stupid solo discussion. Players want to hoard advantages of solos calling others selfish... You want to play solo? THEN GO smegging DO IT! But don't ask for those advantages that the current solos have, because then YOU are the selfish one and people like YOU are those who kill this game.

Oh young and naive little F0xx..
Because the solution is really to bash what you can't beat. You will see the consequences next round that will occur as a result of regulating solo's. Then we can come back to this thread and hear from me, I told you so.

FYI.. I've never relied on advantages as a result of solo.. I've had more success with no pnaps than I've had with.. I've aided in the break of alliances solo and in groups. The advantages don't bother me but be prepared to see what makes the human race human, alliance players will always want to be stronger and better than what they cannot beat. This problem won't be fixed. Ciao!

Btw, I'm not asking you to come back and make your unintelligent comments, having no relevance or senses at all. I do ask that you read a book, however.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Dude you are talking crap. Wake up. If solos, in their current state, continue to exist there wont be what to play soon enough. Solo is just way too easy compared to alliance play.

moorer

Pruner

f0xx said:
Dude you are talking crap. Wake up. If solos, in their current state, continue to exist there wont be what to play soon enough. Solo is just way too easy compared to alliance play.

So instead you want to force the solos to join ineffective and inactive alliances which then become land farms for those few alliances comprising the more active players.

Yes that's a really attractive proposition, I can see that one working!!

Garrett

Landscape Designer

whee can't wait til solos have their way and it's just the same 5 solos and their multis....

wonder who they gonna have to cry about then?

anyway not responding to DS's post because my points were taken out of context.

I never said do away with choice. Solo powers need nerfing. Period.

It's going to happen too. So the rest of this thread is useless. Period.

I don't care how you respond. I'm not reading it. Period.

have fun crying in the new age.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

What Garrett said. Noone take remove solos. Just remove the benefits from being solo.