Round Changes

Max

Garden Designer
Wow, bikers firing after POMs with no armour or health change! I know what route I'll be seeing a lot of this round :p

The serf change is good and I look forward to seeing those nanobots in action!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Round Changes

Rawr POMs.

Bikers are just going to hurt more when they fire .... so that little players won't be able to rush you with tiny amounts, but fair sized players can deal you a beating i think. We'll have to wait and see for full effects, but i suspect Bikers will still need a bit of tweaking to ensure balance.

As to the other changes, i'm fairly excited and look forward to seeing them implemented.

Max

Garden Designer

I just feel sorry for all of those protester players at the round start who are going to be demolished before they finish POMs! Beware...

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

These new changes are interesting, but I for one have to say I'm sad to see Cyborg Soldiers go- I had a great round with them last round, and was looking forward to using them again. Onwards we must go, however.

The biker change will be the biggest story this round I guess. I can't help but see huge PoMs dominating the top 20.

vlad

Harvester

MattM said:
These new changes are interesting, but I for one have to say I'm sad to see Cyborg Soldiers go- I had a great round with them last round, and was looking forward to using them again. Onwards we must go, however.

The biker change will be the biggest story this round I guess. I can't help but see huge PoMs dominating the top 20.

It just means that Biker players need to be like every other route. We will more than likely (if clever enough) see a rise in Attack Dogs. These with Jeeps. will still allow the bikers to deliver, and with the increase in damage, then can deliver hard.
But on a side note, this can now be defended agaisnt Harriers/Apaches, as they will dominate all the biker that fired after the PoMs .. thus making it a skill, not a given.

I am quite interested in how this is going to play out. But we will also see a rise in "fast" defenders (apaches).

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

vlad said:
MattM said:

It just means that Biker players need to be like every other route. We will more than likely (if clever enough) see a rise in Attack Dogs. These with Jeeps. will still allow the bikers to deliver, and with the increase in damage, then can deliver hard.
But on a side note, this can now be defended agaisnt Harriers/Apaches, as they will dominate all the biker that fired after the PoMs .. thus making it a skill, not a given.

I am quite interested in how this is going to play out. But we will also see a rise in "fast" defenders (apaches).

I really couldn't have put it better myself. Hear hear vlad.

Rama

Pruner

Lets see:

0_I always thought 20 members was fine, 15 members will perjudicate us all, specially small allies with the coverage.
1_ Still arsonists sucks, only bots go that branch :p(ofc there alwyas exceptions) and the rest needeed to increase so its ok.
2_Like if you ever fight alot of gargantuas, hardly ever saw anyone with a significant number of gargantuas...
3_now seems more interesting....we will have to see.
4_ everyone complaining as how easy they die, well now RPgs now die even easier lol
5_definitly needed, HW eta 6 was stupid...
6_dont think it was needed, now striker route is even more powerfull, early stages was his weakness, now will be harder to land on them.
7_definitly needed, TLs needed a boost against Vamps...
8_Alwyas thought shields were way too difficult to kill
9_Serfs? like if anyone use them lol...
10_Stun bots change seems interesting, will be hard to flak robos on the early stage, at least the ones going that branch.
11_ just interesting, a converting unit in the robo route..
12_ cheaper but they still weak, they still dont have a chance in the game.
13_ I just dont see why, Pom it was and it is one of the strongest routes in the game, dunno the need of that + dunno if its better reallly, because bikers will do more damage, and poms arent that good distracting bikers specially when generally you send bikers with jeeps and pbs but suppose we will have to wait to see...

Garrett

Landscape Designer

yeah I can't agree with the grenadier choice at all. or the cyborg soldier.

disappointed.

septimus

Harvester

I know I look forward to attacking Prot players now with nanobots, before they get their PoMs and HVs easy converts to the cause!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Atsan - you're probably thinking about one of the many code features due in for Age 5. No new code features on the Age 4.5 codeset, as all development time is going to Age 5. Only unit balances and the like (number-tweaking, basically), will be done on the (now "old", development wise) codeset.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Why to boost shields, strikers, TLs and weaken RPG?
RPG was/is one of the weakest routes in game... it was already nearly impossible route to play and now it sucks even more.
I just dont get what your after with this Azzer...
I dont really care of changes etc. just would like to know what is the idea behind this? Make everyone to avoid playing RPG?

Garrett

Landscape Designer

well by adding additional armour damage, i'm assuming if you stagger your troops right as an ally player (having played rpg too) and know your targets... you don't have to worry so much about enemy troops firing back on you.

TL/SA will always be rpg bane and rightfully so. rpg additional damage to counter the striker route so needed.

i was disheartened to see that the health was reduced further, but waiting to see what the boost in damage brings to the table.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

BlackWolf said:
RPG was/is one of the weakest routes in game... it was already nearly impossible route to play and now it sucks even more.
I dont really care of changes etc. just would like to know what is the idea behind this? Make everyone to avoid playing RPG?

Shields needed a boost. It doesn't matter shield unit it's hard to kill, often no robotic units get to fire second tick, at least the PA side does extra damage first tick.
Thug is a weak route, i still think vamps kill them too hard but at least the gargs that have same damage as tl's don't fire before them anymore.
And it's not exactly a weakening of rpg. It just makes them the extreme choice of the military side to counter the safe&strong strikers.
All the stats changes are vague atm so it's hard to estimate how it will look in practice but i'm worried prots will have it too easy on high ranks now. Biker is a fairly easy unit to distract so unless you go in a massive BR or you are a thug attacking low i guess not that many bikers will get to fire to make the increase of damage worth it. I kept saying for a long time to make sorcs the anti prot route with the unit fireing after poms but i guess Azz didn't like that :(

DR4545

Pruner

Changes I don't like:

• - dumping the Cyborg Soldiers for a useless unit that produces more useless units.
    Now solo's will go through hell if they want to dev that side. No protection at all from LET until CWs. *sigh* whatever.

- Bunker Busters ... they sucked already, why make them worse?
    The bunker death trap slaughters them and then ... they fire on Ninjas and don't kill any Bunkers. If you want Bunker players to have something to fear make a unit that kills/distracts Ninjas before RPGs fire. Or, make Bunker Buster have some other use ... bonus vs. Machine/Robotic? Right now nobody buys them.

- The biker change I tentatively hate but who knows only the round will tell.

Overall good changes though.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

DarkSider said:
BlackWolf said:

Shields needed a boost. It doesn't matter shield unit it's hard to kill, often no robotic units get to fire second tick, at least the PA side does extra damage first tick.
Thug is a weak route, i still think vamps kill them too hard but at least the gargs that have same damage as tl's don't fire before them anymore.
And it's not exactly a weakening of rpg. It just makes them the extreme choice of the military side to counter the safe&strong strikers.
All the stats changes are vague atm so it's hard to estimate how it will look in practice but i'm worried prots will have it too easy on high ranks now. Biker is a fairly easy unit to distract so unless you go in a massive BR or you are a thug attacking low i guess not that many bikers will get to fire to make the increase of damage worth it. I kept saying for a long time to make sorcs the anti prot route with the unit fireing after poms but i guess Azz didn't like that :(

M8 i know why Azzer changed shields etc... i meant in case he changes shields,strikers, TLs why weaken RPGs which is and was allready WAY WAY worst than any of those routes he boosted, and instead of boosting he actually CUT their survivability... FFS its route that gets beated by ever freaking route in game... That was my point... i was not asking why he boosted shields or why boost TLs... i have brains too (maybe). But why to reduce strength of RPGs??

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

BlackWolf said:
M8 i know why Azzer changed shields etc... i meant in case he changes shields,strikers, TLs why weaken RPGs which is and was allready WAY WAY worst than any of those routes he boosted, and instead of boosting he actually CUT their survivability... FFS its route that gets beated by ever freaking route in game... That was my point... i was not asking why he boosted shields or why boost TLs... i have brains too (maybe). But why to reduce strength of RPGs??

Don't confuse strength with survival. Their survival rate had a very minor reduction (it was their armour that got reduced too, not their health). Their armour damage (their strength), however, was increased by a good whack.

"* RPG armour decreased very slightly, armour damage increased moderately."

The "very slight" reduction in their armour was to offset them becoming more of an extreme armour-raping unit again. Let's not get hung up on "armour decreased very slightly" and ignore the "very slightly" or "armour damage increased moderately" parts of that update ;)