5 best changes

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
for those that arent into thier doom and gloom heres mine

1. the bots being added into the game
2. land has some score related value (land*land*20)
3. some form of injuries return on troops (low like it is now is reasonable)
4. the ability to bribe units
5. new forums

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Re: 5 best changes

Insurance for all/Injuries.

Removal of BHing as a rank.

Removal of exp.

Removal of L/F.

Can't think of a 5th. :(

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

* Injury
* Removal of Exp
* Helper Pols
* Removal of BH rank
* Removal of ally naps

Sad things is - 3 of those things where meant to be good changes :<

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Removal of l/f
Removal of XP
Removal of BH ranking
Removal of ally naps
Injuries in their current state

Sekishi

Pruner

1: Age 3
2: Limitation of Alliance Size from Unlimited (To what level is debatable)
3: Removal of CRA
4: Removal of Pnaps
5: Land Score Formula

Sekishi

Pruner

cervantes said:
I think he means the pNAPs of allied players.

Quite Correct, it created to large safe lists by a few alliances.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

The limiting of alliance sizes
the elimination of a-naps
Introduction of bounty hunting
introduction of new routes
Azzer removing himself from ingame politics

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Im forced to ask how many of you who have said limitation of alliance size even played at time when it happened?
Kinda makes it pretty funneh.

Well anyways 5 best changes... lets see... hmm... must think one good change... ohh yeah!
Public alliances bigger than private. i think it was pretty good at its time... ohh but wait it was cause such stupid change was needed after all so no... cant say that.
hmm... ahh
I think alliances showing on alliance page was pretty nice one.
Dumpdata!! it WAS awesome.

must think more... im sure theres been some... removal of CRA... nope cause CRA shouldnt been there in first place...
Ohh yes... removal of open defending.
Ahh insurance is pretty nice idea...
Dont like it really tho...
But i do like land cap, it just doesnt work whit limited this and that but i really really do like the idea... it whit out all restrictions would be sweet.

Thats 5 right?
Removal of stuff like l/f or BH cant really be counted as good changes in my eyes... those are corrections of completely BS ideas so how can it be good change if wrong change shouldnt be done in first place?

Darryl

Head Gardener

• The javascript clock. Best change ever, no more refreshing every second before launching an attack to get as close to a tick as possible. :D
    Removing the law/honour_fame system
    Injury, as a concept. How it is at present is ridiculous though.
    Bots was a good one, as someone said, it gets much more land into the game
    Increase landscore

Dumpdata!! it WAS awesome.

Agree with that. Changing it to every hour ruined lots of great tools.

introduction of new routes

Disagree with that. I think the number of new routes that keep getting brought in, when the ones we already had weren't that balanced are one of the things that are ruining the game. Routes were a great introduction, of course, as there were only about 5 units in the game which inspired Bushtarion, but it's gone from one extreme to the other, in my opinion, I think the 3rd sub-routes and fantasy were a step too far.

Azzer removing himself from ingame politics

I'm not entirely sure about that either. I griped about him encouraging and helping the resistances as much as anyone, at the time, but I think it's one of the reasons he isn't around as much anymore, I'd rather he felt involved with the playerbase.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I think it was rangers and bunkers than took the step too far...
I liked it the way it was...
RPG, striker (2), thug, pom, (+combination), SO, robot
Everything after that has been complete BS. Even some of those routes were unbalanced and wasnt needed.
Still cant figure how removal of L/F can be counted as good change cause it shouldnt been introduced at all.
As i cant understand land score at all. It has been hurting game more than giving to it.

but must agree bots are nice and all javascript tools are nice.

Darryl

Head Gardener

BlackWolf said:
Still cant figure how removal of L/F can be counted as good change cause it shouldnt been introduced at all.

I see your point, but I disliked the system all along, it kept getting tinkered with and Azzer seemed determined to make it work somehow, so I was very relieved to see him abandon it at last.

As i cant understand land score at all. It has been hurting game more than giving to it.

You have a bit more experience with the pre-landscore game, so you may well be right, I think I only played one full round under the old system. My memories of it involve members of higher alliances having tens and tens of thousands of acres, and being able to easily rape people with much lower incomes, I didn't like it at all. Why do you think it's hurting the game?

When was it introduced, part-way through R9?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Well my best example is Timster from round 8 when he had like 22k acres and pissed the crap out of top alliance by being able to stay below their range :p
I still think same way as bribes/converts and injuries cant coexist can land score and score from seeds/funds/plants coexist.
It should be one or another.

Basic idea of land score was to stop people having insane amount of acres and saving funds... it was poor idea at first place and made to put ViruS to high CRA range. I see it only reason why it was implemented.
Instead of it should have been implemented funds,seeds score. But unfortunately it wasnt. Now theres both on top of each others and it doesnt really work.

Either you get score from that huge amount of seeds/funds and namely score from amount of acres OR you get huge amount of score from land (cumulateously) but you can save seeds/funds.
Now when theres both the game is punishing you from getting acres double of what you should.
This causes anomaly of ranges being twisted. Its a bit hard maths to understand but whit current system 30% of score is actually much more than what 30% of score was earlier. In terms of firepower.
To put it simple someone who has 5k acres can be in range of someone with 20k in no time... due them getting score first from getting those acres and then every seed they get is 1/5th of seeds of 20k acre guy... It sounds stupid but its how it goes and seeds got from more acres is reduced so its actually even closer to 1/6th... which is even more stupid.

Tim

Harvester

BlackWolf said:
Well my best example is Timster from round 8 when he had like 22k acres and pissed the crap out of top alliance by being able to stay below their range :p
Off topic I know however it was me and Zane both at 68-69k acres before Zane attacked me :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Sorry Timster my memory sometimes evades me... i just remember you had a LOT

Im almost forced to explain myself... even i know its not going to work...

Now when someone has 10k acres he gets less seeds from 1 acre than guy whit 2k acres.
Unfortunately same time for every 1 seed that smaller guy makes that 10k guy must make 5 times more seeds. If not then that smaller guy is closing in to that top guys range tick by tick.
That is the problem whit both acre and seed score.
That top guy has 5 times more acres but still that smaller guy is closing in to his range.
Same time his punished from having those 2k acres a lot. Putting him already to range of people whom he cant defend against.

If there wouldnt be acre score then you would be punished only from your income... more income higher score.
If only acres then more acres more score.

Combining both and same time reducing income from higher amount of acres and having attack range is making it harder for x% of your score guys to stay out of range and to survive attacks.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

while i used to love being able to hoard funds and buy up like 1 trils worth of staff last minute and destroy some unknowing attacker...

I think the change that made funds,plants,seeds give a far higher score is good...it was unfair to be able to have all that fundage and not have a score that reflected it...also it makes the top grow out of range quicker which is good becuase (whatever people say) it isnt good when there becomes a score cap where you cant grow because the rank 1 alliance will wave the crap out of you the instance you do...

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Pinpower i suggest you read again what i wrote.
I said it should be one or the other.
Yes im personally for funds score.
But same time it doesnt work that from more acres you get more score and from more acres you get less seeds.
Im not even sure if funds = score works at all.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

blackwolf...i wasnt replying you you..so butt out ;)

i think it should be both...funds and seeds/plants

thats just my opinion...nothing to do with you...