• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bushtarion Manual

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
Well i just think that the bushtarion manual should be updated and that when you click on the request help button that you should refer to the bushtarion manual for further help.
I seen that in player tips that fantasy route tips have not even started.
If this game is going to survive longer then you have to make it easier for the player to understand the game. Since new players is all bushtarion has left to hope for.

Izziblem

Planter
I completely agree. I personally have never gone for the Fantasy route as I can't seem to find enough information about it. The manual definitely needs a re-vamp. If i didnt have a player helping me when I started I would have been completely lost!

The other issue with getting new players in however is advertising which I know at least one other person has mentioned on the forum. If the few players that do manage to find the game in the first place get completely confused by the game and dont find the help they need then they wont stay and play. The game is quite complicated for a first time player and at the end of the day it is supposed to be fun (it is a game after all :p) There should definitely be something that explains the rules a little more clearly

Izziblem

Planter
as much as I would love to claim that as intentional unfortunately it wasnt

Maybe I'm just naturally hilarous :)

Steve_God

Official Helper
Quick story to bring you up to speed:

Once-upon-a time, the Manual was up to date, then along came some new changes to the game, and a Bush-Wiki, which contained LOADS of useful information, and took over the Manuals role.
Then one day, the part of the server that had the Wiki on died, and the data unrecoverable (Boooo, I hear you yell).
Luckily, a lot of the info was backed-up to a point, and a lot of the info is saved on various people's hard drive (mine included).
Azzer then set some of the helpers and mods access to update and edit the Manual, however, we got lazy, and forgot, and it's only occasions like this that it reminders us (me) to get round to updating it.

When I get home, I'll post the backed-up info that I've got saved into the Staff area, with the hope that we might be able to quickly incorporate some of it into the Manual :)

Steve_God

Official Helper
Done!
I forgot just how much info was on there - will try and get some updates on there in the next few weeks.

For those that remember the pages, the ones I've got back-ups of are:
- Advanced Tactics (with tactics for each Route/Sub-Route including suggested ratios)
- Alliance Tactics
- Anti-Rape guide
- Starter Guide
- Text Codes (for use in game)
- Bush Meets
- Basic Combat Guide
- Flakking Guide

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
The manual should be at the top of the page when your in overview or displayed somewhere on the overview if your new to the game :p
you should include the individual units and what they kill in the route setups part.
Like saying that bikers kill poms easily

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
steve dont forget in that round 34 (techinically it was the one before as it changed around for round 34 iirc) the fantasy dragons side was not the same route it is now it was health based and had completely different targets, and was very weak to sa but strong to strikers. so some peoples "advanced tactics" may be irrelevant and outdated. be carefuly what you update. at least screen it for obvious mistakes.

the ones that spring to mind are....

bunker & sentries ..are now harder to ninja flak yourself with (due to proportional power & price drop)

vamps fire all ticks, gargoyles fire after tl, and mummies and ww's swopped names.

sorc route is armour based now, with some health too. not just pure health (or virtually pure health except for dragons)

bunker busters do not exist,

nutter is different in every way possible, from the round 34 / pre round 34 nutters

gargantuas fire close as well as middle now,

tls have slightly more armour damage? (or was that before round 34)

and harriers have slightly better survivability (from seeing them in action id say actually a suprising amount of health for that 1 star) and are far harder to stop with rpg/striker than you would think.

arsonist are not innocents, they now disable nld with a small initiaive meaning they fire before a fair few units.

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
Bump
someone should write for the Puppets route and also for the Fantasy routes.

As in for who they kill etc. so its simpler for people to understand the game

Also the a good amount of ratios in the flakking guide.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I was looking at the FAQ just yesterday, for whatever reason, but i noticed there was a section on ETA mods on top ranking alliances. This is seriously outdated as no such mods have exited for years. I.e. that section should be deleted.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Bump
someone should write for the Puppets route and also for the Fantasy routes.

As in for who they kill etc. so its simpler for people to understand the game

Also the a good amount of ratios in the flakking guide.

Do one yourself?

Basics..

Dragons kill SA, Vamp, TL, and Ranger-Heavy Rangers

Vamps Kill TL, RPG, and Harrier-Heavy Rangers

I'm sure others can elaborate, but with my limited experience with either route those were my targets.

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
I know which routes kill which routes luckysports...........

I'm saying this for the players who are newer like my brother.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i wouldnt put vamps in the manual as a dragon target. no way. i mean sure im probably still thinking vamps will do as good as tl's and tls do more AD since buffed a while back. but the few things that arent fun to hit mass tl or mass harrier then closely followed by mass cw or mass vamps.

give me sa, strikers, rangers, puppets,rpg,poms, or bunkers with no sentries any day of the week over vamps just cos im a pussy :p

ps. toby can we update the manual? i thought the wiki system was removed?

pps.crazy monkey puppets arent easy to explain, tactics like getting poms first to help stop you bribing innocents and reduce the lethals you face, but after that most things hurt. its pretty tactical to play well and not easy to explain to a new player. i think yes something is better than nothing, but i think if you are new and read the manual you have enough options to try whilst learning all the other stuff, not easy to bottle feed all the finer details of certain routes.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Willy - Dragons can destroy vamps! Vamps do well on pure dragons, but against someone with a fair number of IG for flak, the dragons end up doing a ton of damage. Though, I would PREFER to hit an SA.. :p

Iam - What Ogluk said!

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer