New Idea - Clubbing Holidays

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
This is a fresh, non detailed idea that has come to mind and I'm posting here to get some views, discussion points and suggestions to make this happen.

I am in the process of writing a rationale for a clubbing holiday website which allows:

* Customers to log in and browse detailed holiday detinations ideal for clubbing

* Customers to search holiday destinations throughout the year that offer ideal clubbing scenario's

* Customers to search relevant flights to coincide with their availability

* Customers to book Villa's/Hotels/Apartments etc suitbale for the number travelling

* A review system (which customers receive an email requesting a review upload once they've returned) so future customers/browsing customers identify the key points and the 'watch out' points before they order

* A Forum where customers can post elaborative details about suggestions, views, discussions and general experiences from their holiday (to rectify with review)

* Direct booking system on the website instead of having to go to travel agents

There is alot more detail and what not to go into this, but I was just posting this so hopefully some people can come to me with their viewpoints.
Plus I am aware that there is already a website (competition) but with the right funding, programmers, coding, travel agency support, direction, business accumen, this can go somewhere!

Thanks

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Do people really travel for the sole purpose of going to a club? :O

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Is that the island which is full of clubs? I can understand that (somehow), but anything other than that just seems weird

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Do people really travel for the sole purpose of going to a club? :O

They do :D

But this website will offer more than just 'clubs' if you like. Young people will want to do thibgs during the day aswell as night and so there will be suggestions in that part too.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
It is fantastic you've come up with this and your ambition is admirable!

As you've pointed out though, there are already a lot of internet-based travel firms - many are well established and offer incredibly low prices as it is.

One aimed specifically at clubbers is interesting, but don't most young people already know the location they want to visit (Malia, Ibiza, Magaluf, etc ?)

That being the case, many just want the best deal. Meaning your prices have to be rock bottom and your profit margins are going to be quite small as a result.

The best of luck with it if you go ahead with things, but I'm sorry, I can't invest, and I'm out.

Steve_God

Official Helper
I think the main problem is for those that don't know where they want to go, they'll often go into a travel agent, with the line "we want a clubbing holiday and want it cheap", and they'll spit out a Club 18-30 holiday which are dirt cheap compared to doing it all seperately, typically because they make most of their money on the tour/trips they get you to buy while you're out there.

I'm not saying it's not worth a try, but from experience of what me and my mates did when we were 18 and wanting a clubbing holiday, that's what we did.

For those that are a bit older (21-25) you'll be competing against cheap packages through well established online websites, as they will have either done their own research, or heard about other good places by word of mouth recommendation (again, going from experience).

One area that I don't think has been explored however is some kind of integration with facebook?
That could be a possible 'win' scenario that would be different to other current methods.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
but I'm sorry, I can't invest, and I'm out.

Thanks anyway Peter Jones :p

I understand Steve, but I'm trying to find a way around that. My concept evolves solely through the internet and the internet only. I would need to collaborate so much information about each 'ideal clubbing location' and save the 'clubbers' the hassle of sitting in a 40c degree agency with a 40 year old woman who knows nothing about clubbing holidays.

This idea will require alot of input and I mean ALOT but I think it can work (more hope).

With regards to the tours and trips, they can be booked separately on the site as there will be ais to point them toward these ideas. There will be offers enlisted maybe an agreement with the operators but yea.

Plus the Facebook idea is how it all came about! Speaking with a friend about it and I'm in the process of creating a group for discussion there too.

Keep the feedback coming guys, this is excellent :D