Begin the resistance! | R41

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
As requested, Ana BRs:

Battle Report - Attacking AN ANAGRAM MEMBER
[Range] 1 allied Observer sat and watched quietly the actions of 1 hostile staff. Not much happened so our Observer sat picking his nose, before being scared off by a crow he mistook for a harrier.

You lost 292,542 effectiveness.
You gained 1.18 fame.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Pleaseeeeeeeee lock this thread

On what grounds? This discussion has been by far the most interesting about this round.

Albeit it has also been the only discussion :D

There's nothing in this thread whatsoever that warrants it's locking :/

But I can see why a Kiwi member wouldn't want further fail BRs getting out :lol:

haha trying to get a rise out of people. stirring it up. as if any one cares about these br in kiwi. every round rank 1 suicides once they feel they have won by a large enough margin and they run out of targets. they stay against defence that will win. ive been in 3 second place allies most recently. MLP and RES not to mention obv charades. and every time rank 1 suicides at some point for more targets and land, and something to do.

if you feel a sense of achievement then im pleased for you. but id definately vote for the people that are dying arent even on the forums from what i can see. dont care in the slightest and are just doing it to try and get fatter. when you kill angela on defence. let me know. then ill be impressed.

killing fer, cody and janpe... hardly a unique act. Just like when toby and Tiff played properly... you know they are most likely to stay even if they could die on the defence. so you try to real them. Just like i know grissom is the most likely to get some one going into sleep.

maybe we should lock this thread. or at least open a new one. As defending rank 1 is not the same as resisting rank 1, and all the cool brs you could re post in a new thread. and have a discussiuon about with alot less spam. so people could see the brs, without trawling through the spammy arguing...surely that would be the best thing to do mr forum moderator?

ps. DA I thought you stopped playing, but im guessing you came back....your ingame name wouldnt be mr dark by any chance

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Nooo, I'm not MrDark, though I wish I was, because he is one awesome guy!

So we now have 2 individual Kiwi members wanting this thread locked.

Sorry guys, no rules have been broken here. Combo owning Kiwi isn't breaking any forum rules, last I checked. Fairly sure not allowing Kiwi to take our land and killing them on-sight is Resisting their supremacy :p

-

Really, though, if our BRs are so awful, and you guys are offended so much by them, and the subsequent lolling our members take part in,that you think their presence warrants a thread's locking; stop dying on fail BRs and fight properly. That'd be my advice.

Epic failing while attacking then coming here complaining that Combo have submitted a few posts highlighting the biggest BR of the round (in which we won, by the way), is really rather pathetic tbh.

Deal with it, move on, come at us again with a bit more than loltactics. If you can't handle us posting BRs in which you guys die then for the love of all that is warm and fuzzy, stop dying.

Either that or keep dying but develop a bit of humility :) I expect the latter being the more difficult choice for you personally, willy.

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Nooo, I'm not MrDark, though I wish I was, because he is one awesome guy!

So we now have 2 individual Kiwi members wanting this thread locked.

Sorry guys, no rules have been broken here. Combo owning Kiwi isn't breaking any forum rules, last I checked.

-

Really, though, if our BRs are so awful, and you guys are offended so much by them, and the subsequent lolling our members take part in,that you think their presence warrants a thread's locking; stop dying on fail BRs and fight properly. That'd be my advice.

Epic failing while attacking then coming here complaining that Combo have submitted a few posts highlighting the biggest BR of the round (in which we won, by the way), is really rather pathetic tbh.

Deal with it, move on, come at us again with a bit more than loltactics. If you can't handle us posting BRs in which you guys die then for the love of all that is warm and fuzzy, stop dying.

Either that or keep dying but develop a bit of humility :) I expect the latter being the more difficult choice for you personally, willy.

lol now you said u werent trolling before. yet you claim we're pathetic :p....ofc. whilst completely missing the point

Im bored of this i just thought you would show some responsibility and prevent further spamming. all i said is mayb having a more relevant named thread instea of spamming the resistance thread would be appropriate.

3.2 - Don't start talking about a completely different subject in an existing thread, make a new one instead

5.2 - Don't post off-topic and/or oversized pictures. These images will be considered picture spam.

8.1 - The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas, and an area for discussions between players (past or present) of Bushtarion. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice their opinions. Challenge other's points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and courteously. Be civil and constructive, not ignorant and rude.

so calling rowan silly, and kiwi members pathetic, and the spam and picture spam that i have seen i would have thought the smart move by a responsible forum moderator would create a new thread to prevent the derailing of this one further. i dont mind the br's at all i enjoy them. (ofc i see them as rank 1 not caring any more, but a good defence none the less. you seem to see them as some proof that kiwi are an inapt alliance. thats fine, your opinion.)

but you are meant to set an example and i think your being intentionally confrontational and trying to wind people up. but meh i cba to carry on. i have my views you obviously have your own views. but they way the exchange of views is happening seems to me to not be in the best interest of the resistance thread and derailing . if you want to post defence br's sure thats maybe an incentive to create more resistance and more fun; im all for it. but if you just want to post them brag and critiscise kiwi then i dont know this thread is the appropriate thread to do it in.

thats my opinion.

Edit
Ps.

i think my self fairly humble ive never claimed to be more than i am.

but if you want me to live up to your impression of me, and show a complete lack of modesty and be more narcisistic, fyi you havent killed me as far as i remeber once on defence. and so far my attacks i organised we havent lost a single one of them and we have landed on them. Thats all i care about...the other members sending botched attacks... i cudnt give two hoots about. There you go little fella, look at me and my lack of humility...your opinion means so little to me DA i would almost not care, if it wasnt for the fact some people are so impresssionable and believe the bull **** you write.

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Just like when toby and Tiff played properly... you know they are most likely to stay even if they could die on the defence. so you try to real them.

I like the risk involved in attacking. It's no fun to recall every time you get defence. If you do that then they're just going to fake you every time. You've got to call the bluff every now and again to keep 'em honest :p

And yeah, there might be some spam in here but there is also valid discussion. As long as the thread is being used for something other than spam there is no grounds to lock it imo.

Angela

Harvester
willy suggested taking the spam or removing the br to another thread not actually locking it.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Willy - if you don't care, why are you making such a big deal out of it? Chill the f*** out.. It's just a game. And it was 1 battle that will ultimately make no difference.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Willy - if you don't care, why are you making such a big deal out of it? Chill the f*** out.. It's just a game. And it was 1 battle that will ultimately make no difference.
still not reading my posts :p

firstly
its pretty difficult to believe that a FTW alliance would purposely lose such large and important fights for the sake of a small amount of land.
I know you have played rank 2 alliances lucky, as ive been in them with you.
You and i have both seen rank 1 fight stay and suicide due to no targets/bordem as an excuse to die and get more targets.

I dont like the implications that because of this, kiwi are ****. when ive seen the same from so many other alliances even tba stopped caring after they had won. and got sloppy

and secondly:
That said, as has been pointed out maybe Kiwi would have overcome another FTW alliance or two. Given most of Kiwi is actually Charades from last round though, and they failed to overcome TBA, I'd challenge that, myself.
I dont like the implication because we have charades members we arent good enough to beat any real competition. i think its unfounded bull.

The Br is not the issue. The act of trying to take away from kiwi thier victory because they have no competition and imply "well your'd have lost if tba were playing" is frustating because there is no way we can prove that because there is no competition

these comments are what im making 'a big deal' out of because i think its unfair and just plain incorrect. which i did try to point out in previous posts.

Numerous Kiwi members have made reference to their being part of Charades last round, and that isn't guess work - Portal rankings show the majority of Kiwi were in Charades last round.

high throughput of members and only a moderate core in charades. then those that portalled as charades, could not possible be the same team that lost to TBA. not with that many changes. thats the point rowan was making, so any parralells between kiwi and charades is nonsesnce

Edit
but dont worry lucky I've given up reasoning with DA i guess he thinks we are trying to belittle your good defence. And got all defencive and wont debate it in a nice manner that doesnt wind people up (mainly me)...so this will be my last post on that offtopic spam

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Lucky and Toby have pretty much covered whatever response I'd have issued you with, Willy.

I'd only add that this is the politics sub-forum. It has for some time now been a bit of a troller's paradise - You can get away with saying a lot here, as long as you don't insult anyone specifically and in an offensive way.

"You guys suck/we're going to own you/we owned you so hard" is perfectly legitimate talk in this sub-forum. Indeed I encourage it.

If things are a little too hairy for you then you should probably avoid Politics.

-

http://bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2579

Azzer said:
Rules about "flaming or trolling" are more lenient as long as it's in-game only and done within the character of game politics.

I particularly like this bit:

Azzer said:
Use your skills as a politician, don't get personal, and don't run to the moderators for help because somebody was a better politician than you.

Yes, you have just been trolled in this particular instance.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Yeah willy - it was like 2am, I read the first sentence and was immediately hit with sleep-rage of "OMG I DONT WANT TO READ ALL THAT" ^_^

Still not gonna read it though..

And no one is saying kiwi is ****.. even though DA is implying it.. :p We all know they were the MOST FTW of the round, the fact that there were literally NO other FTW allies this round only detracts from that a little (There hasnt been 2 truly FTW allys in a round in a while) Yall put in the hours to make R1, we all know this.. Take that and be happy.
You will ALWAYS have trolls who will post just to piss someone off (I do it myself often enough, its fun!) and you still have a few old-folks who are so stuck on how the game was 5-10 years ago they forget that we are playing a VERY different game from what it was originally...

Hope that covers everything, as I said, CBA to read your long posts.. :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Yeah willy - it was like 2am, I read the first sentence and was immediately hit with sleep-rage of "OMG I DONT WANT TO READ ALL THAT" ^_^

It may look long but its context is short. only 233 new words. and it is more grammatically coherant. I think you will find IF you and DA read my post you cant come back at it. there is no retort no rebuttal. you know you cant argue against it. So instead you go.. "too long did not listen" and DA goes "okay i admit im trolling, if you dont like it sod off, oh and heres a link to say im allowed to sh*t stir in politics".(the link also says im allowed to refute your claims)

Oh and FYI
Lucky and Toby have pretty much covered whatever response I'd have issued you with, Willy.
toby responded to angela and it wasnt to do with my last post it was to do with the one before. and lucky hadnt even posted when you posted....so pretty much you have no repsonse. confirming my above statement. TY. GG sirs.

(lucky i do like you and i respect you, normally you read & respond after giving it time and consideration and arent hot headed. a quality i admire and respect and wish i could emulate. maybe you should use it in this instance)

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

It may look long but its context is short. only 233 new words. and it is more grammatically coherant. I think you will find IF you and DA read my post you cant come back at it. there is no retort no rebuttal. you know you cant argue against it. So instead you go.. "too long did not listen" and DA goes "okay i admit im trolling, if you dont like it sod off, oh and heres a link to say im allowed to sh*t stir in politics".(the link also says im allowed to refute your claims)

Oh and FYI
toby responded to angela and it wasnt to do with my last post it was to do with the one before. and lucky hadnt even posted when you posted....so pretty much you have no repsonse. confirming my above statement. TY. GG sirs.

(lucky i do like you and i respect you, normally you read & respond after giving it time and consideration and arent hot headed. a quality i admire and respect and wish i could emulate. maybe you should use it in this instance)

Apologies, I must not have been clear enough - I was referring to the following points:

LuckySports said:
Willy - if you don't care, why are you making such a big deal out of it? Chill the f*** out.. It's just a game.

toby said:
And yeah, there might be some spam in here but there is also valid discussion. As long as the thread is being used for something other than spam there is no grounds to lock it imo.

-

However we digress: Allow me to get us back on track and paraphrase the discussion to date:

Combo owned Kiwi in the biggest BR of the round. You guys did it for lolz.

I think that covers everything.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Apologies, I must not have been clear enough - I was referring to the following points:
LuckySports said:
Willy - if you don't care, why are you making such a big deal out of it? Chill the f*** out.. It's just a game.
Llike i said in my last post of page 22..if you had read it. I was refuting the unfounded accusations and judgements of the kiwi's capability as a ftw alliance, based on that one br, and some members' previous alliance. Points you have yet to give any rebuttal to, so i assume you agree with the points i made?

That is what i cared about, where as Lucky's post was refering to the BR itself, which i do not care about. The rest of your post i agree with, and do not contest.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
LuckySports said:
I was refuting the unfounded accusations and judgements of the kiwi's capability as a ftw alliance, based on that one br, and some members' previous alliance. Points you have yet to give any rebuttal to, so i assume you agree with the points i made?

If I make an argument, and you disagree, if I don't counter the points on which you base your disagreement, I automatically default to agreeing with you?

o.0

I haven't responded to your response because I'm too busy highlighting the engrossing, record breaking, utterly fantastic BR we posted a few pages back.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
if you cannot rebut my points then the debate on said points must be over? you agree or conceed.

Its an assumption because it seems like you will talk about anything other than those points and raise any other point accept for those points. as if trying to skirt the issue. Almost as if you are so pleased with 1 BR, that you assume every other topic of conversation on this thread must be refering directly to that 1 br. You agree with toby there is valid discussion. yet you wont discuss anything else but 1 BR (a nice one i admit. congratulations). Maybe you just like to throw out accusations and then not defend those accusations when contested. thats fine this is the forum to do that in as you pointed out.

I was just looking to clarrify if you still stand by the points you made. But i dont think ill get a straight answer so dont worry. keep polishing your BR

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Let's agree to disagree :)

I'm happy with my BR. You're happy your alliance would have fought off other FTW alliances.

Albeit my happiness is backed up by cold, hard facts - in the form of awe-inspiring numbers.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Let's agree to disagree :)

I'm happy with my BR. You're happy your alliance would have fought off other FTW alliances.

Albeit my happiness is backed up by cold, hard facts - in the form of awe-inspiring numbers.
that i can agree with.

probably for the best. ill ignore your assumption of what i was arguing for. If you dont understand it yet, you probably never will.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Seriously, wtf are you two babbling about? Seriously.

Srsly.