Begin the resistance! | R41

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
i ate a kiwi the other day, and then proceeded to throw away the rest.. RESISTANCE FTW!

that counts right?

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Eh Steve, one for us too :)

Battle Report - Defending The Dude Abides
[range] 1,000,000 allied RPG Trooper attacked, killing 565,980 hostile staff.
[range] 17,835,031 hostile Psychopathic Android attacked, killing 7,511,654 allied staff.
[range] 5,099,698 allied Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 55,718,800 hostile staff.
[range] 4,845,947 allied Striker attacked, killing 1,955,902 hostile staff.
[range] 9,444,213 hostile Biker attacked, killing 12,702,620 allied staff.
[range] 8,501,420 hostile Terrorist attacked, killing 33,872,241 allied staff.
[range] 21,414,657 allied Secret Agent attacked, killing 97,404,728 hostile staff.
[range] 4,146 allied Siren sang out, freezing in place 3,498 hostile staff.
[range] 7,205,696 allied Assassin attacked, killing 8,015,644 hostile staff.
[range] 9,743,723 hostile Hooligan attacked, disabling 3,082,570 allied staff.
[range] 16,104,694 allied Harrier attacked, killing 36,858,544 hostile staff.
[range] 14,252,175 hostile Terrorist Leader attacked, killing 7,437,606 allied staff.
[range] 2,265,469 allied Hippy Van attacked, distracting 2,593,973 hostile staff.
[range] 8,338,416 allied Iron Golem attacked, killing 28,163,455 hostile staff.
[range] 8,098,524 allied Sorcerer attacked, killing 31,994,704 hostile staff.
[range] 2,953,740 hostile Cybernetic Warrior attacked, killing 2,659,953 allied staff.
[range] 64 allied Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 123 hostile staff.
[range] 4,240,393 allied Dragon breathed fire on and melted 30,462,595 hostile staff.
[range] 2,612,010 allied Ninja attacked, killing 4,588,138 hostile staff.
[range] 26,665 hostile Petrol Bomber lobbed Molotov Cocktails and killed 15,750 allied staff.
[range] 1,037,221 allied Apache Longbow attacked, killing 14,389,941 hostile staff.
[range] 893,878 allied Marine attacked, killing 665,573 hostile staff.
[range] 629,801 hostile Jeep attacked, killing 113,951 allied staff.
[range] 332,803 allied White Knight attacked, slaying 4,800,168 hostile staff.
[range] 2,126,698 hostile Tyrant Drone attacked, killing 3,242,812 allied staff.
[range] 508,027 allied Paratrooper attacked, killing 364,903 hostile staff.
[range] 844,899 allied HQ Officer attacked, killing 871,921 hostile staff.
[range] 585,734 allied HQ Challenger 2 attacked, killing 8,902,045 hostile staff.

Stunned: 3,498 [£147,143,000] enemies stunned.
Distracted: 58,312,896 [£389,424,919,600] enemies distracted.
Disabled: 3,082,570 [£180,232,604,400] friendlies disabled.
Died: 270,004,241 [£2,806,926,468,000] enemies dead. 67,556,587 [£1,273,151,550,400] friendlies dead.

You gained 744,971 effectiveness.
You gained 9.91 fame.
You gained 15.28 honour.
You will soon be receiving £47,635,731,000 insurance.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
btw. i havent posted ytet but after reading 12 pages, the entire player bhase seems to think there was not enough players to resist.

being on the other side of the fence and organising defence, i can confirm there were more than enough you used them wrong first of all.

and you made 3 main mistakes

1) you only sent flak for the first few runs. and even one time after you lose 100mil flak
2) you sent at unfortunate times/or wrong
3) you were so scared of our troops you didnt realise the power fo your troops and didnt spread thin enough

now let me go over this for future resistances. we got pbs/apprentices. we had some big players who bought up and didnt tech quick enough. but every time you sent for the most part you sent flak which after we had a bit of organising we could easily defend. as you were sending pre spies. so any one could fake any incoming at the right eta.

you happened to recall wrong during this war time. a few times. or send. you for example had 13+ people eta 5 on 2 targets 50-60m flak for ~4 days in is alot. straight away we knew to pb those that wrere biggest all on the same tick and had the most potential to be killed as we knew it was all flak. we had no fears. where as if those 13+ players had covered 3 targets. you would have covered 6 people with the same amount of flak. and we would have to split the pb more. and it would be harder to kill it and organise the defence. far harder. as you would have virtually covered every one of our members if u did that

and finally. we never had eta 5 view as far as i remeber for the majority of resistance hits. and if you had sent. when we were behind on tehcs (which we definately were) and nanos had just come out. of which there was alot and we only had eta 3 view. you could have swept us away.

the fact you got scared or see it as an unsermountable alliance is silly. and the fact you didnt spread thin enough when we were weakest. and had only one small droid player sweeping. was our luck and your mistake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
only for clever players that want to learn

one final thing people assume alliance x,y,z have so much score as land and troop counts etc between rank 1 and rank 2,3,4 etc are comparable with nobreakspace

dont forget land is calculated by 10*land*land. but is done per player.....so if you assumed rank 1 had 320,000 acres and 220,000,000,000 score you may also assume then that (like nobreakspace)per player they average around 16k land and that means each player has 2,560,000,000 worth of score as land (so x 20 members = 51,200,000,000 score as land) this is what no breaks pace does.

the reality is only the biggest members (high land) have enough leftover cash to buy troops at round start.....and they normally buy flak. so that land/score majority if it was round start would likely be between 5 members in the top ten. (who iirc some were like 5-10 times the size of me and others at points and 2 times if not 3 times my land.) so if we rework that same figure. that means 5 members hold 50% of the alliances land

and say actually. 10 members have 21k acres. 10 members have 11k.. then the actual land fat per player is 2,810,000,000 per player .....aka higher than you think according to NBS. so 56,200,000,000.

thats £2,500,000,000,000 more troops you expect them to have than they actually do aka thats maybe not much overall but its an additional 5%.(about)

and thats with out a significant difference... if 5 members held 3* the land of every one else. thats 32,000 for 5 and 10,666(rec) for 15 members, it gets even worse with 68,267,000,000 land fat. thats 10% less troops than you expect from NBS

now normally as slower allies progress at a slower rate they tend to have less spread in thier players scores. so dont have the problem so exagerated (short of one or two not even turninig up for round start)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you then equate in they hold most of the troop score. you arent fighting a whole alliance you are fighting 5-10 people. who have useful units/routes. the rest you can virtually flak past or kill. so if you focus attacking 5 players with all the troops and cover another 10 with no troops in incoming you will soon see the selfish nature of most top players that are in the lead.... They will not share out many of thier troops and will keep most of them at themselves. and if they do get instructed to send and lose land themselves, you will also likely find out that they dont get on so easy next attack. We also had alot of players who give up if they dont win.

We could have easily cracked and died with all the resources available. and the fact you help more land. but at much lower values (2-3k per player not 5-8k per player) spread over alot more players....l it meant your land fat opverall was less. your over all troop count was more. and the worth of your land was alot higher because you didnt suffer scaling effects. all in all A resistance can work very easily. but it takes effort. and the people who are willing to put in effort go to rank 1 alliance. the others go with friends and dont care enough to organise something that would work. or fear too much the units the enemy have.

Davs

Garden Designer
Genuinely an interesting take on the whole thing, but for the sake of whimsy:

mammoth.jpg

Steve_God

Official Helper
...[All sorts of very clever stuff that shows he really didn't read all of this thread - or at least the important bits inbetween the trolling]...

I'd like to point you to these two posts I'd previously written in this thread mate:

wasn't enough participation for the resistance to succeed, and too many mistakes were made..

big thumbs up to steve_god for putting everything together.. and thanks to the people that participated, was fun for the 2 attacks it lasted! longer than some resistances :p

i have to agree with u lucky, it did last longer than most resistances, how ever the way the attacks were planned it seems like u all were going for land, u should of been trying to kill us, as it was u all "had" a troops adv over us. BL and better luck next time
LOL!
None of the attacks this weekend were for land, they were ALL planned for kills.

If you thought we were going for land and that pulled the defence (which in the main it looked like it did) then our plan worked, and you were fooled :p
(There were a few that sent wrong mobs to wrong targets in the first wave, but it's bound to happen when we gave minimal notice to reduce leaks)

Unfortunately, our calculated troop advantage only works if we can actually get all Members from all those alliances involved.
Even though we went for kills, pulling defence elsewhere so that our real had less lethal defence than it could have, we still lost. Dealing plenty of damage in the process, but we lost.

I want to give a big thumbs up to the Leaders and representatives from Bribemania II, A Nag Ram, The Dude Abides, Pee-wee's Playhouse and Empire. While it may have been a standing joke that anything we get from PW and Emp was a bonus, you still showed willing and helped out where you could. To BM2, ANR, TDA, it was a shame that combined we are all a bit 'too' FTF, and could never quite gather enough of our players online collectively to do enough damage to tip the balance.

The Resistance isn't dead by any means... but any future co-ordination will be mainly around rushes, and probably bounty hunting :)grin:) - we just don't have the involvement from 'enough' players to make it happen properly.

We had more than our valuation of troops attacking during resistance but with good planning then you can overcome the majority of attacks.

Just for clarity, that wasn't strictly true - we didn't have anywhere near the lethal capacity for those willing to send.

While on paper (which I was abusing the stats on nobreakspace to build momentum within the other allies) the value scores were higher, there wasn't enough involvement for people to send to take you down.

Even with half of your lethals stretched elsewhere from fake mobs, with every single person actually involved enough to send as part of the resistance, all on one tick, we still got slaughtered on a 2:1 ratio.

Your defence was good, don't get me wrong, but we just didn't have the numbers.

On a side note, I'm amazed how few people were unavailable to attack during resistance times from some of the allies, yet are able to get decent numbers together to defend when needed :p

But to directly answer the 3 "main mistakes"
- "1) you only sent flak for the first few runs. and even one time after you lose 100mil flak":
The first run was towards the end of the flak wars to get you lot to spend up to slow you down on devs (which worked, as you said some did spend up and slowed them down) - unfortunately many people forgot to recall when they should have and died :p
- "2) you sent at unfortunate times/or wrong":
Most likely, but given there was minimal player activity, the times we were were that which all alliances had given as their most active time overall. And yeah, there will always be done that miss the tick :p
- "3) you were so scared of our troops you didnt realise the power fo your troops and didnt spread thin enough":
I refer you to the above quotes ^^ we didn't have anywhere near the numbers online and able to send.

As for the "thats 10% less troops than you expect from NBS" - Very true, but it makes absolutely no difference when I got between 50-80% less player involvement from other alliances involved that I was expecting :p

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
i would like to see how kiwi compare to other winning alliances at the end of round. will the lack of competition make them lazy and starved of land? or will they soar like an eagle scoping out prey?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
i would like to see how kiwi compare to other winning alliances at the end of round. will the lack of competition make them lazy and starved of land? or will they soar like an eagle scoping out prey?

With 4 roughly equal alliances to prey on, they shouldn't end up starved of targets so if they don't end up lazy and complacent, they should quite easily reach a fairly respectable land/score by round end.

Bruce666

Harvester
I hate being the logical one here but Kiwi won..they were active and played the best 'This round'...they deserve the win...simple... why are you all still slagging each other off

lets see what happens next rd just enjoy playing ftf now..play nice:p

Congrats kiwi