Rushing.

Franny

Head Gardener
Ok so I accept rushing as a viable tactic during a war between top alliances or alliances with heavy contactability. There is however a point when rushing just becomes detrimental to the game and player base. Take for example this, down in TBP we clearly aren't playing with any levels of activity. I have proof because I am the most active. Yet players still let rush us. I understand bashing us for land but attacking just to kill a rank 10 alliance? Now i imagine this goes on all over the lower ranks... It's just sad really.

The sad thing is it's not a serious gripe by me, I know that this won't change anything.

Edit. We are 11th. Soz.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I like rushing. It's fun. It can be annoying as hell but it is undeniably a really fun time. Kinda pointless against a rank 11 alliance though. Seems like a waste of time to me though so I agree with you there.

CFalcon

Official Helper
With so few targets left and nearly all highly contactable, with the rest having enough contactable allies as to make no difference, rushing is the only way to find any excitement in this game. Indeed, stealth rushing is about the only remaining area of the game where tactical skill can be shown on an individual basis [I'm separating skill from activity/commitment]. Without it I'd have left long ago.

That said, I do direct rushes at "worthy" targets; active players with high bounty and a decent alliance. Targets that present some sort challenge and a sense of achievement. If you're rushing someone at rank 300 with no bounty who logs on for half an hour a day, then you're just being a dick.

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
With so few targets left and nearly all highly contactable, with the rest having enough contactable allies as to make no difference, rushing is the only way to find any excitement in this game. Indeed, stealth rushing is about the only remaining area of the game where tactical skill can be shown on an individual basis [I'm separating skill from activity/commitment]. Without it I'd have left long ago.

That said, I do direct rushes at "worthy" targets; active players with high bounty and a decent alliance. Targets that present some sort challenge and a sense of achievement. If you're rushing someone at rank 300 with no bounty who logs on for half an hour a day, then you're just being a dick.

Bingo.

Franny

Head Gardener

Bingo.

Sort of my point summed up better.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

timtadams

Landscape Designer
If you're rushing someone at rank 300 with no bounty who logs on for half an hour a day, then you're just being a dick.

Or you have a vendetta against stupid SD massers. >: (

Good shout. Massing SDs is silly. Massing basics with SDs as sweepers in the way forward.

damn straight, yobs ftw :D

SD > everything and everyone

only if you have sweepers like stunbots, in which case, yes, SD > everything and everyone :p

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
rushing bots is way forward, sometimes if you are lucky they have sas these hurt a bit but most of the time I kill all the sas 1st tick.

Elevnos

BANNED
There's no point in rushing unless it's against a target with some nice bounty. If you're not going to make a profit there's no point. I went robo last round, I got rushed by something like 30 mil harriers, killing most (but not all) of my units first tick. Quite a few of their units were killed and they didn't end up making a profit in the end. That's why I've gone harriers this round xD

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
bounty isnt the only reason to rush!

its the only reason to rush an alliance much smaller than yours or a solo... unless your just going for kills and killing everything in range (KILL IT ALL!) ^_^

Max

Garden Designer
Rushing is fantastic in wartime - especially when you need to kill off a tricky defender in his precious few offline hours ;)

Whilst rushing yields little in bounty, not sure how much it affects effectiveness gains? If someone could shed light on that I'd be most grateful.

Max

Garden Designer
That's what I remembered as well, when I decided to biker rush at eta 3 (before the eta change).

I got massive eff gains, but little in the way of h/f.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
you're right, you guys need to learn that only attacking targets you have a high chance of failing on makes you a man.

*shakes head in disgust*