Game over again. QQ

Davs

Garden Designer
This is the bit where I repeat what Max said. We tried smaller alliances (15 man alliances have definitely been tried, can't remember if smaller alliances were also tried or not) and it just annoyed people. The need for activity and being contactable is so much higher because you have fewer people to cover your back. It's more stressful for those at the top, and considerably more stressful for alliances ranked 2 or 3 (in range of rank 1 once they've pulled away).

The benefits to smaller alliances are pretty obvious, but we've seen how the disadvantage outweigh them.

This is what i mean, you say it didnt work and it annoyed ppl ?

I wonder for whom you are speaking ? Guess all the people you are living togheter with.

Really you just want easy win with same ppl over and over again. So you can play the same race over and over again. BULLSHIT.

SMALLER ALLIANCES WOULD MAKE THE GAME TO THE BETTER. It will just annoy ppl like you cuz u cant have an easy win with your old buddies. And deep in your hearts you hate to get zeroed and loose. But you wont admit that. you want it easy like now so a few core ppl can help you have fun every round. BULLSHIT and lame cockblocker ppl are what you are.

FOR REAL.

Before I continue, I'd like to thank Ogluk for telling you what I'm now going to explain.

I have never, nor will ever attempt to play in an alliance with the expectations of reaching rank 1. I have no desire to put in a lot of effort just to then sit in the rank 1 alliance with no targets. It's dull and takes too much time.

On top of that, I do actually mix groups to some degree. In the ~20 rounds I've played I've spent time with lots of different players - some of whom, I admit, I've played alongside on more than one occasion. But generally, I like playing with different groups - and more often than not I just play solo.

Essentially, what I'm getting at here is try to work out who you're talking to before making generalizations that will inevitably make you look like a complete tool. I responded to your comments in what I hoped was a polite a sensible way, trying to briefly explain why your idea wasn't ideal and you assume that I must be one of "them" just because I disagree with you. There is no conspiracy. The supposed "top players who win every round" have no more say than anyone else - if anything they have less as they don't exist. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean that they're being selfish. It's been tested. It doesn't work. Get over it.

EDIT: If you don't believe my comment about not playing ftw - check my user profile by clicking on the pic in my signature. You'll see that of all of the IDs I've had since R15 I've never portalled for score (or anything tbh).

EDIT 2: I'd also like to point out that Max, who's point I was agreeing with, hasn't played for the sake of achieving anything score-wise for as long as I can remember. He, like I try to, sets himself random (often amusing) goals to achieve instead. So again, your generalization is complete bs.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Let's all just agree that this guy is a dipshit and should be ignored. That seems a palpable resolution to this issue.

xvi

Harvester
Let's all just agree that this guy is a dipshit and should be ignored. That seems a palpable resolution to this issue.

dipshit or not he's a player who is actively putting in time on forums. Be fair

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

dipshit or not he's a player who is actively putting in time on forums. Be fair

Whilst clearly trolling the entire lot, who is insanely reminiscent of ANK, who was banned for being a forum troll and a dick. My point stands.

qaerwe5r4556

Planter
dude dax u uglydick urself...

Its retarded that you guys just want to keep this game for urself. Thinking that you know what is best and how it should be played.

Yes, im not gonna play nice when its obvious the only thing you guys care about is your own game. But there are like 150 other players in this game that not posting on the forum and dont raise them opinions ? why would they ? when its quite clear that YOU GUYS that is brainwashing azzer, destroying this game more and more.

Its like 2years and the same attitude and same people demolishing this game and brainwashing azzer.

OK, but for real.. Make smaller alliances and some other changes along with that, likke, attack range % higher, troops getting rusty when not used in combat for a while, or somekind of maintence cost to keep them at their best performance. THINK its really lame that rank 1 alliance can just sit on their troops and acres amd afk eating pizza....... -_- Rank1 should be the rank that has most dedication and skill. NOT just activity at roundstart. I dont blame rank 1 ally for being rank 1 BUT there should ALWAYS BE SOMKIND OF COMPETION SO YOU DONT JUST SIT ON UR TROOPS aND DO NOTHING.

Also I think Suicdiing troops to drop in score should get somekind of drawback, its so lolcopter abusive its lame to watch and do.

The rounds should be 2months and not 3months. 3 months is way too long.

And yes if there was smaller alliances like 8-10man, maybe it would be best to disable solo mode. Or maybe not disable but make somekind of modifications to AR. Cuz u can still play if active to have an +75% at all time.

But really something HAS to be done to this lame **** that rank 1 becomes a cokblock. I mean, its without them even putting in effort or im sure 10 of them might do but then they have 10slackers. JUST CLEARLY WRONG.

Changer

Head Gardener
The ONLY thing you have right in everything you are saying is that the ingame community that doesnt post on the forums should have a say. Im sure (way back) there was an ingame poll system but it was never utilised.

However, IF you want people to actually listen to you, then may I suggest not insulting everyone you are talking to and actually debate and counter debate others arguements. Calling poeples names and telling them their points are stupid and selfish if not the basis of well thought out arguement.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Look, your opinion has been battled continually, and you continue to believe that everyone else is wrong, and you are right. There is something that describes this situation appropriately:

retard-demotivational-poster-1206157303.gif

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
ofc more ppl would sove most of the problem but having 20man allies IS JUST COMPLETE BS WITH THIS FEW PLAYERS.

TO ME YOUR LOGICAL IS LIKE THIS 100players still 20man alliances

80players still 20man alliances
60players still 20man alliances

40players still 20man alliances

GUYS WTF is wrong with you. You have been living togheter for TOO LONG that you cant see the problem. Its so SAD.

Wish someone of you understand that 20man alliances is just wrong. Cut them ATLEAST in HALF.

arent you a bunker this round? you were posting in forums stating how bunker needed a buff iirc. lol. i think the only conspiricy is you trying to get smaller alliances for solos to gain the advantage :p

as mentioned it was done with 15man allainces. check round 28...check those that player won that round, bet you hardly see them in the other rounds as rank 1. i bet every few rounds u see it change round28
look ogluk, he was in rank 1, I havent seen him really try to properly win since iirc. but if those that were capable of winning and were in the winning alliance that round say it was a balls ache then it probably was

lucky leader and perticipant of Apocryphal, leader of rank 3 alliance says it was not a good thing to have and i was in the alliance and agree, not rank 1 either.both says it was a burn out.

look at toby, and his post on this topic in other sections and this one if he has posted. he was solo by the end. and he says it was a horrible burn out round.

ask any one from that round on the portal for things other than a top rank, or that have said they were in that round and still plays max/davs/me(willymchilybily)/dennis/godsend/fer/kuda/lukkey. and then out of those ask the ones who played allied that round what it was like. if any one says it wasnt horrible/burn out i will be incredibly surprised.

im against it in terms of if it happened i would go solo. but maybe it needs to be tried, 11 rounds ago it was tried. maybe try it again. get it out everyones system. th continuous bacl and forth of this argument. is just getting silly. hell impliment it see how its not how you thought. it changes back, it is how you thought every one wins. but to be honest i think the change was so detrimental last time hence the instant change back. i dont know if we will have a player base left if this happens and goes tits up like it did before. i know i didnt play round 29 after experiencing round 28. and i was pretty close to calling it a day. despite being here for a reasonable length of time. it was majopr burn out. and atm we only are managing 1 ftw alliance or 1 capable ftw alliance 1 rage quit ftw alliance or ftf alliance a round.

dont think it will make competition for rank 1 hot up that much.

Last edited:

xvi

Harvester
This is the bit where I repeat what Max said. We tried smaller alliances (15 man alliances have definitely been tried, can't remember if smaller alliances were also tried or not) and it just annoyed people. The need for activity and being contactable is so much higher because you have fewer people to cover your back. It's more stressful for those at the top, and considerably more stressful for alliances ranked 2 or 3 (in range of rank 1 once they've pulled away).

The benefits to smaller alliances are pretty obvious, but we've seen how the disadvantage outweigh them.

This is what i mean, you say it didnt work and it annoyed ppl ?

I wonder for whom you are speaking ? Guess all the people you are living togheter with.

Really you just want easy win with same ppl over and over again. So you can play the same race over and over again. BULLSHIT.

SMALLER ALLIANCES WOULD MAKE THE GAME TO THE BETTER. It will just annoy ppl like you cuz u cant have an easy win with your old buddies. And deep in your hearts you hate to get zeroed and loose. But you wont admit that. you want it easy like now so a few core ppl can help you have fun every round. BULLSHIT and lame cockblocker ppl are what you are.

FOR REAL.

This may offend most of you but I thought it was quite funny tbh. Its a mix of rage and reality. Not sure which is more prevalent ofc :/

qaerwe5r4556

Planter
ofc more ppl would sove most of the problem but having 20man allies IS JUST COMPLETE BS WITH THIS FEW PLAYERS.

GUYS WTF is wrong with you. You have been living togheter for TOO LONG that you cant see the problem. Its so SAD.

Wish someone of you understand that 20man alliances is just wrong. Cut them ATLEAST in HALF.

arent you a bunker this round? you were posting in forums stating how bunker needed a buff iirc. lol. i think the only conspiricy is you trying to get smaller alliances for solos to gain the advantage :p

as mentioned it was done with 15man allainces. check round 28...check those that player won that round, bet you hardly see them in the other rounds as rank 1. i bet every few rounds u see it change round28
look ogluk, he was in rank 1, I havent seen him really try to properly win since iirc. but if those that were capable of winning and were in the winning alliance that round say it was a balls ache then it probably was

lucky leader and perticipant of Apocryphal, leader of rank 3 alliance says it was not a good thing to have and i was in the alliance and agree, not rank 1 either.both says it was a burn out.

look at toby, and his post on this topic in other sections and this one if he has posted. he was solo by the end. and he says it was a horrible burn out round.

ask any one from that round on the portal for things other than a top rank, or that have said they were in that round and still plays max/davs/me(willymchilybily)/dennis/godsend/fer/kuda/lukkey. and then out of those ask the ones who played allied that round what it was like. if any one says it wasnt horrible/burn out i will be incredibly surprised.

im against it in terms of if it happened i would go solo. but maybe it needs to be tried, 11 rounds ago it was tried. maybe try it again. get it out everyones system. th continuous bacl and forth of this argument. is just getting silly. hell impliment it see how its not how you thought. it changes back, it is how you thought every one wins. but to be honest i think the change was so detrimental last time hence the instant change back. i dont know if we will have a player base left if this happens and goes tits up like it did before. i know i didnt play round 29 after experiencing round 28. and i was pretty close to calling it a day. despite being here for a reasonable length of time. it was majopr burn out. and atm we only are managing 1 ftw alliance or 1 capable ftw alliance 1 rage quit ftw alliance or ftf alliance a round.

Its not right to say people get burnout and therefor we cant have smaller alliances. People have the right to play as much they want to and what they think is good for them. Just becuase few of you said you got burnout cuz of this is A VERY SILLY ARGUMENT why smaller alliance is wrong. You had maybe put the goals too high and blame the alliance size ?!? cuz you didnt have fun. really wtf argument is that. The fact is that you got outplayed by players that were better and were willing to put more time to this game than you did. Its like that now too, but the problem is that it is a making the game stale, the rankings a lameblock. Which is not good for the competive scence of the game.

I say we need smaller alliances like 8-10 players along with other small changes to attack range%, solos, higher insurance for getting zeroed from bigger player and repeatably. The alliance units needs to be looking into. WTF ARE THEY FOR ?!? Give them price reduction ATLEAST.

Anyways your argument is invalid saying that smaller alliance will cause burnout cause that is not the problem. Or if you say that I WONT HAE NIGHTCOVER AND WILL BE `ZEROED WHEN I WAKE UP; ITS NOT FUNNY. I THINK IS BETTER I QUIT THE GAME THEN. Really stop ur laming and LEARN TO ADAPT. LIKE I DO ALL THE TIME CUZ I HATE THIS BORING STALE GAME BUT I STILL REALLY LIKE THE GAME. I HATE IT CUZ I CANT PLAY IT TO THE MAXIMUM RIGHT NOW. I know im better than all of you and could and would create an alliance that could compete with other top players. RIGHT NOW I CANT DO THAT. I HATE THAT. ITS UNFAIR FOR ME.

But it seems more important for you and the rest ppl on this forum that YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME. I get quite disqusted when i think about how long some of u have played this game and act like tards. You really dont see the PROBLEM or then you do but you know want to keep the game for urself and make sure u have ur fun.

Cuz of ppl like you ppl run away from this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Changer

Head Gardener

Its not right to say people get burnout and therefor we cant have smaller alliances. People have the right to play as much they want to and what they think is good for them. Just becuase few of you said you got burnout cuz of this is A VERY SILLY ARGUMENT why smaller alliance is wrong. You had maybe put the goals too high and blame the alliance size ?!? cuz you didnt have fun. really wtf argument is that. The fact is that you got outplayed by players that were better and were willing to put more time to this game than you did. Its like that now too, but the problem is that it is a making the game stale, the rankings a lameblock. Which is not good for the competive scence of the game.

I say we need smaller alliances like 8-10 players along with other small changes to attack range%, solos, higher insurance for getting zeroed from bigger player and repeatably. The alliance units needs to be looking into. WTF ARE THEY FOR ?!? Give them price reduction ATLEAST.

Anyways your argument is invalid saying that smaller alliance will cause burnout cause that is not the problem. Or if you say that I WONT HAE NIGHTCOVER AND WILL BE `ZEROED WHEN I WAKE UP; ITS NOT FUNNY. I THINK IS BETTER I QUIT THE GAME THEN. Really stop ur laming and LEARN TO ADAPT. LIKE I DO ALL THE TIME CUZ I HATE THIS BORING STALE GAME BUT I STILL REALLY LIKE THE GAME. I HATE IT CUZ I CANT PLAY IT TO THE MAXIMUM RIGHT NOW. I know im better than all of you and could and would create an alliance that could compete with other top players. RIGHT NOW I CANT DO THAT. I HATE THAT. ITS UNFAIR FOR ME.

But it seems more important for you and the rest ppl on this forum that YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME. I get quite disqusted when i think about how long some of u have played this game and act like tards. You really dont see the PROBLEM or then you do but you know want to keep the game for urself and make sure u have ur fun.

F**kin pathetic.

TDLR- IM NOT GONNA LISTEN, UR WRONG AND ******* PATHETIC

ankankank

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

When willy speaks, you really should listen, Read what he said, some of those players were in the rank 1 alliance that round, some were solo, some were in alliances lower down. Also - read old posts where this has been discussed, not too long ago Azzer posted and said that he lost more people that round than any other round in the history of Decline.. its not just a few people who got burnt out, it was a chunk.

You obviously are very confused on how the game works, and you can't say I don't know a thing or 2 about the game myself, Look at MY ID history, I don't usually go for score or land, I normally just play to have fun.. Its not fun when all you have time to do is defend your alliance from constant incoming and you don't have enough people online to even cover a portion of it.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Don't forget that round 28 was also one of those "omfg the solos are attacking again" rounds. Because of the smaller alliances a decent amount of people decided that solo groups were the way to go, and then proceeded to make life even more difficult for allied players. I'm fairly sure the same thing would happen again.

I was leading SpaceBalls for most of the round and we were involved in most of the goings-on. We were drafted into the resistance. We were pretty active, contactable, and competent. We never aimed to win. We were your typical rank 4 alliance. So basically we had a pretty eventful round of getting dicked on by whoever happened to be rank 1 at the time, and then the solo groups tried it on a lot as well. It wasn't fun. Eventually the entire alliance got burned out and stopped responding to texts/pranks and I got tired of the 6 PM to 12 PM night shift (peeps from Funkytown might find this situation familiar) and I deleted and restarted as a solo puppet.

When my ID was deleted I was 2nd worldwide in kills/effectiveness, about rank 4 in ticks online, and probably top 10 in defences sent. The reason for that was not because I was amazing (although I am amazing it is purely coincidence in this case) but because I was single-handedly trying to take up the slack of those 5 players we didn't have. You could argue that it was my own fault for being overly active, but what was I supposed to do? I was the leader, I wanted my alliance to have a good round, and I hate letting my alliance mates get killed or landed on. The fact is that when alliances are smaller the burden increases massively on the more active players left. I just don't think it can work in a game as activity / contactability intense as bushtarion is these days.

PS: Sorry for the essay.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Brilliant point, Tob. I was a P-Solo in R28, and even I remember there being alot of targets running around in alliances that were easy attacks. I restarted nearer the end, because I got bored of Harriers - But it was a good round for solo's, and a crap one for alliances.

xvi

Harvester
Brilliant point, Tob. I was a P-Solo in R28, and even I remember there being alot of targets running around in alliances that were easy attacks. I restarted nearer the end, because I got bored of Harriers - But it was a good round for solo's, and a crap one for alliances.

Which is okay people. Solos should be able to help keep alliances in check. That way , hopefully, one alliance doesn't get 3 times bigger than the second halfway into the round.

Alvestein

Garden Designer

Which is okay people. Solos should be able to help keep alliances in check. That way , hopefully, one alliance doesn't get 3 times bigger than the second halfway into the round.

Azzer has said before that this is a game that is based on alliance play, not solo. Going from that i'd assume that solos shouldnt really have the ability to have that much of an impact on a round.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

That is nonsense. Solos never help keep the rank 1 in check. They do the complete opposite by hitting ranks 2/3/4 and anyone else they can leech off. In my experience the big ones usually just hit whoever the rank 1 alliance is hitting, and the smaller ones gang up on the newbie alliances and bash the **** out of them. As a force for good in the game, all solos have ever contributed is relatively easy land. And I'm saying that as a solo player before you go off on one about us big mean allied conspirators against average joe solo.

xvi

Harvester

That is nonsense. Solos never help keep the rank 1 in check. They do the complete opposite by hitting ranks 2/3/4 and anyone else they can leech off. In my experience the big ones usually just hit whoever the rank 1 alliance is hitting, and the smaller ones gang up on the newbie alliances and bash the **** out of them. As a force for good in the game, all solos have ever contributed is relatively easy land. And I'm saying that as a solo player before you go off on one about us big mean allied conspirators against average joe solo.

Now what makes you think I would say you big mean alliances :p

The only reason solos act this way is because its survival for them with 20 man alliances. Their just trying to keep head above water.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Which, with it being an alliance based game, no one cares about the solos. For me, they are sources of relatively easy land. All I have to do is a few calculations and then send.