Mw3

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer

Looks decent. I know im gonna get it regardless of reviews.
I like the idea of bringing the battle to the cities. I was kinda hoping they went there.

Now im just hoping they havnt nerfed weapons and perks like Black Ops.

The good thing about MW2 was that shotguns, snipers and pistols were competative, NOT overpowered.
Perks made gameplay interesting, not realistic or overpowered.

Then Black Ops nerfed everything, slowed gameplay with reduced bullet damage and just generally made it boring. Still, zombies is awesome ;)

Also, alot of people try and rain on MW's parade when theyre all like b!tchin about how unrealistic it is gameplay wise. Well duh, we aint stupid. I mean, they have 'real' guns and it looks kinda real. But seriously, the kill streaks, the perks. They made the game so its fun, not a battle simulator, which is why its so damn awesome to play. (just a little rant there :p)

So i just hope MW3 doesnt pull the same **** as Black Ops and kill it.
Also, bring back cheats like COD4!!!! Seriously, cheats like they used to have on classic PSone games where great. Once youve played the game a few times, spice it up a bit with some permanant abilities/new characters/whatever :D

MW FTW

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I definitely paid attention to the trailer; I'll say that much. Seeing is believing, though.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Graphics look kinda 2nd rate next to the Battlefield 3 trailer.....

BF3 is still my odds-on favourite to be the better of the two. The trailer for that with the close combat snippet was brilliant.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Graphics look kinda 2nd rate next to the Battlefield 3 trailer.....

Agreed.

I have high hopes for BF3 this year. Though I'll probably pick up both so I can make my own mind up.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
aye, BF3 does look pretty impressive. Will surely be one to get

and yes Tobi, you unlocked cheats by getting intel. For example black and white, super contrast, colour inversion, ragtime, enemies explode into tyres when dead, slo-mo ability, and infinite ammo. I think thats all of them. But MW2 had no such cheats. Getting intel was completely pointless (maybe you got a trophie, but trophies are gay anyway)

btw, just finished COD4 on my laptop for the first time. Im kinda pleased too as im a PC FPS noob (so not particularly familiar with keyboard), and finally succeeded finishing on veteran difficulty and without cheats too as i hadnt unlocked them yet.

Oh yeah, and another cheat is cluster bomb. When you throw a grenade it explodes like normal, but then another 5 fly out of the explosion, and explode in quick succession.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Oh yeah, and another cheat is cluster bomb. When you throw a grenade it explodes like normal, but then another 5 fly out of the explosion, and explode in quick succession.

They just need to make frags bananas now, and I would be infinitely happy.

Souls

Official Helper
Pass on any more MW games. Now that BF2's true successor is announced I don't have to waste my time on anything else :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
http://www.gamepur.com/news/5735-mw...-theater-mode-no-character-customization.html

"the game upcoming shooter will completely focus on gameplay customization rather than character customization as in the case of Black Ops... "we don’t do any character customization, all our customization is focused on gameplay, loadouts, and weapon camos.""
+ 1

"Treyarch introduced Theater Mode to COD franchise in Black Ops. This mode is coming back in MW3, and this time with more enhancements."
+ 1

"no dolphin diving"
+ 1
(that was annoying trying to go prone when sprinting and soaring another 2 meters into the open)

you can still quick scope in Modern Warfare 3
+ 1

mrmongo

Harvester
im totally off COD games since finding out about Battlefield... Black Ops especially is total *****... unrealistic, 0 tactics... traded in to get BF3... im gonna buy and play MW3 but if upon completing the story mode... the multiplayer is *****.... then ill get rid of it again probably trade in to get Arkham City. We'll see

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
The thing is Black ops and MW3 are made by 2 different companies.

The Modern Warfare franchise is the bollocks.
To try is to dare...More of a preferred background with Call of Duty though.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'll buy it. I'm sure it will be awesome. It may not be perfect but I'm fairly certain it will be entertaining at a minimum, and TOTALLY awesome at a maximum.

No sense in ******** on the series, it's been pretty entertaining so far and while Black OPs was a bit of a disaster, the other games have been pretty amazing. Call of Duty has been great since number 1. COD4 was perhaps one of the greatest and most accessible shooter games of all time. World at war was an excellent reversion to WWII roots that Call of Duty started with and was a sublime version of that kind of game.

MW2 was not all that dramatically better than COD4 but that doesn't make it a bad game! I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign on all difficulty levels and while I didn't have a tremendous amount of multiplayer experience, given it's roots, it can't have been all that bad ;)

I'm ready and willing to give MW3 a good, and thorough chance.

Steve_God

Official Helper
I hear your rants about the CoD series being rubbish, and I raise you the ability to keep in touch with mates over a game that's easy to pick up and play every once in a while.
In short, it's a game that most of my group of mates get, and therefore can get most of us on to have a laugh with.

Already got it on Tesco pre-order to get it cheap as I'm busy on the release night. Will be playing it in early December when I return from holidays! \o/

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Dunno how treyarch are allowed to make them.

WaW was a shambles and so was blackops.

Cod 4 and MW2 are 50 times better.

Really looking forward to mw3

Franny

Head Gardener
If anyone wants to hit up the ultimate cod team of me, Cal and Twigley. Just holla.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
not long now. and yeah treyarch just dont get the online gameplay quite right. zombies is good. single player is good. even WAW i loved the singleplayer enemy at the gates style sniper mission.

but infinityward/activision always deliver imo. yet to be dissapointed with them. i'd like the single player cheats back too. when i was bored i liked to put slow mo on and run around with a pistol kept me entertained when internet went down. or the new firmware for the bt home hub put your "nat type" to closed.

im quite looking forward to this new gameply they have too. looks much better than those spec ops missions. Those got a little gay.