Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Flock / K-Melon / Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Souls

Official Helper
Just a fun little poll. While I'm expecting Firefox to surge ahead in popularity I'm curious to see what other browsers you guys use, and why, if you feel like explaining. ;)

I was using Firefox up until today, when I realized that I had slow load times no matter what I tried to free up. I shrugged it off as my internet connection, but today I tried using Google Chrome and found it to be a much lighter, less intensive browser. :D Loads things more quickly, loads itself more quickly. I'll miss the addons, but I think I'll live.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Ive voted for Firefox as its my main browser.

However, i love google chrome! And i use google chrome as my default browser for anything other than bush and emails really (use the gmail and nbs add-ons in FF). If Chrome had add-ons similar to FF i would use it exclusively. It just feels so much smoother and lighter as you said.

Ram

Head Gardener
I'm using Minefield, which is a future version of firefox, I do believe.

I'll just leave this here;
tracev8.png

V8 is chromes engine.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Opera is great. Used it on the recommendation of Darryl, and have never had any issues with it. I really like the 'speed dial' opening page, giving you 9 spaces to select sites for ease of use, much nicer than bookmarks.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Opera is great. Used it on the recommendation of Darryl, and have never had any issues with it. I really like the 'speed dial' opening page, giving you 9 spaces to select sites for ease of use, much nicer than bookmarks.

You can get add-ons for Firefox similar to that.

I use Firefox. I did try out Chrome and liked it but my extension is for FF. :p Might have a look at writing an extension for Chrome at some point.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Yeah, I remember someone saying that to me before. I have used FF before, and it's the browser on the PC we have at home. I never really got on with it though. Can't explain why...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
FF's addons are immense btw.

Dunno if anyone been to their addon homepage to see.

At the bottom of my browser i have what time it is in each country (great for seeing when people are asleep in bush), i have a calculator on it, an alarm on it, a notepad thing on it and many more :D

Davs

Garden Designer

A mate of mine just created his own homepage to do the same thing. I'll mention this to him when I next see him just to laugh at him :p

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Firefox all the way.
I don't like how google would control all of my internet habits by, except for controlling my searches, also knowing exactly what sites I visit.
By using Chrome, you agree (this is said when you install) that all info you enter in chrome, becomes property of Google. It's not that I do illegal stuff, but out of principle, I don't agree to such stuff.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I use FF, mainly i think because there are some quite useful addons for it. I use the iMacros or whatever it is all the time to log into bush or my uni stuff.

But its not like i really prefer it over IE, its fine for most uses i have anyway

I was kinda hoping for an option like: I dont have a favorite ect ect :(

Scorpio

Head Gardener
Mozilla for compatibility and add-ons, but I voted for Google Chrome because it's just sexy

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As a developer, I rate Firefox the highest in compatability and standards. I'll never have a single issue in making Firefox display exactly what I want, how I want - I just follow web standard rules, and Firefox shows what you'd expect to see.

Chrome and Opera come a second, with some incompatabilities, non-standards-compliances, and bugs with certain complex nesting and formatting situations here and there, but on the whole pretty reliable, and bugs are usually with "minor" display issues and formattings. Chrome's very fast at rendering which gives it a bit of an edge over Opera.

Internet Explorer always has been, and always will be, full of issues with web standards. It even invents it's own javascript commands for functions javascript already has, and ignores the standard javascript ones as "bugs", so developers have to code two versions of many things just so IE users aren't left out of the loop. Not to mention it's the most security-hole riddled browser ever, and has been the case throughout the ages (IE 8's starting to approach a bit more safety but it's still got a long way to go).

I think developing sites & javascript gives you a good insight in to which browser is actually doing the job properly - something every day users will never realise (if they use a browser, and they see a website displaying something in a really weird/wrong way, they'll think the website is at fault, naturally) - and Firefox rates the top there.

As an everyday user - I still prefer Firefox for it's stability, security, and insane level of add-ons and support for such add-ons.

Bruce666

Harvester
TBH i have both explorer and firefox but rarely use firefox as ive allways used explorer no reason too divert too something else unless FF gives me special powers or more money:p

WackyJacky

Head Gardener

A mate of mine just created his own homepage to do the same thing. I'll mention this to him when I next see him just to laugh at him :p

The New Safari has the same 'speed dial,' (except it has 12 spaces.)

I've used FF, Safari and IE.
IE is by far the worst.
Safari is great, no complaints with it.
Firefox is great as well.

Currently I use Firefox just because :p

Safari and FF are interchangeable to myself since I don't really do much with the FF addons anyway.

Edit: Reason for using Safari - It came on my Mac so I started using it.

Then I switched to FF for no reason really :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
My most used Add-On with FF is "Fast Dial" which gives you 9 boxes to select sites in, can have it open with each new tab and the images of the webpages update so you can see a little preview :)

Souls

Official Helper
Default on Google Chrome, Opera, and some others I'm guessing :p

Bunion

Harvester
I've been a long time user of FF, but found it to be really quite clunky, and a *huge* memory hog.

On the recommendation of a friend, I switched to Chrome. It took me a while to get used to the lack of AdBlock Plus (I never realised some of the sites I visit regularly had so many ads!), and the tabs being in the titlebar, but that was it, from there on I'm on Chrome.

I'm just waiting for addon support though, so things like the toolkit for bush and the "play now" button for Battlefield Heroes work...

Gooner

Head Gardener
Begging to become more a FF fan but I find IE easier to browse and shizz