Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Key questions:

Which have you bought/will you buy?

Why? (What has driven you to buy one rather than the other?)

-

Just trying to get a sense of which way the wind is blowing.

Max

Garden Designer
Neither - the graphics and processing of the previous generation of consoles was already overkill - I don't think that this new generation offers any significant upgrade in terms of gaming experience.

PS1 - PS2 = HUGE UPGRADE
PS2 - PS3 = Noticeable upgrade
PS3 - PS4 = Minor upgrade

(imo)

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Getting a PS4 because I like playing games from the sofa on my telly, and I like having a desk with my computer on it. And I don't want a camera looking at me all the time. Simples :).

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Neither.

Ive lost interest in gaming all together. Mostly 'cos my partners in crime, Franny and Cal, are **** at being online.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Getting a PS4 because I like playing games from the sofa on my telly, and I like having a desk with my computer on it. And I don't want a camera looking at me all the time. Simples :).

I have a cheap alternative solution for you my friend. Turn the camera the opposite way.

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener

I have a cheap alternative solution for you my friend. Turn the camera the opposite way.

An even cheaper alternative is to buy the console that doesn't require a camera! I suppose it'd be cheaper still to not buy one at all....

Franny

Head Gardener
Neither.

Ive lost interest in gaming all together. Mostly 'cos my partners in crime, Franny and Cal, are **** at being online.

Next Gen I'll be back without a bang hopefully, Don't want my shiny new PS4 blowing up.

Steve_God

Official Helper
I'm le snake...

I'm waiting till some games that have been optimised for the new generation consoles are released (rather than a game designed around the old generation, that's been ported across to the new ones).

Plus, I got my xBox360 for about £140 second hand after they'd been out a couple of years, and it's still going strong today... I'm happy to wait for a second hand one to get it a bit cheaper.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I'm le snake...

I'm waiting till some games that have been optimised for the new generation consoles are released (rather than a game designed around the old generation, that's been ported across to the new ones).

Plus, I got my xBox360 for about £140 second hand after they'd been out a couple of years, and it's still going strong today... I'm happy to wait for a second hand one to get it a bit cheaper.

Ditto. I can't really justify spending so much on a new console for some games which I can get on my xbox 360 anyway.

I'll probably upgrade in a year or two when they cost a bit less, and hopefully by that point a clear favourite will have emerged.

CLem

Head Gardener
my decision will probably be based on the exclusive games on the two platforms and who i know has what machine.

At the moment looking at potential games, Titan Falls is looking too epic to miss out on but that's not out till March so have plenty of time to read ze reviews online and hear from you peeps before I make a decision.

marvin

Tree Surgeon
I have an Xbox One but my true vote is for PC gaming.

I also based my decision on what exclusives I want to play. Titanfall, Halo (totes a Halo fanboy) and Fable to name a few.

I have a 360 and have done for 5/6 years now so I've always been Xbox. Saying that after doing some training modules and generally learning all I can about the PS4 so I can actually sell them to customers I wouldn't mind having a PS4 as well if money were no issue. Alas it is and if I were to get one it will probably be a year or two.

Bobbin

Head Gardener
Have my Xbox One... I like it. The controller is similar enough to be familiar, and diffferent enough to be annoying. The interface is... Not great. But I'm getting used to it.

The graphics are a marked improvement. I have the 360 version of Ghosts and now the Xbox One version and there is a definite difference.

Worth £429? Maybe not. But once the list of titles is better I imagine it will be.

It looks damn good though.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
I went for the PS4, my reasons were simple.

I already have home entertainment systems and pay alot of money already for my cable tv etc. So I definatly dont want to pay more microsoft in monthly subscriptions just so the machine that is £400+ can manage them all.

I want a machine that can play games. I want a machine that is small & sleek looking.

I also love indy games from smaller developers and sony are really pioneering them.

This made for an easy decision.

Yeadon

Harvester
My reasons were plain and simple.

I wanted a gaming console, not a Kinect-optimized piece of kit that had too much system reserve for motions and gestures that officially forced Microsoft to adjust this decision.

The PS4 did not have a mandatory add-on for a camera - Not the smartest move. It is also £79 more expensive as a result of this. The frames per second issue with having to run certain games at 720p to hit 60fps was a put off for the Xbox One also.

Gran Turismo is one of my favourite games which is also exclusive to Playstation.

The PS4 design is much more slick and compact. It does not require a large external powerpack. It's got a Playstation Now service which I don't believe Microsoft have an answer for. The joypad is brilliant and interactive.

You can swap the internal 500gb hard drive for a 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive allowing for double the capacity of the lock-in Xbox One hard drive.

Microsoft have marketed the Xbox One as an all-rounder where as the PS4 is a gaming console. You are likely to see Microsoft Office hit the Xbox One which again is a multi-task option where as the PS4 is still designed for hardcore gaming.

GDDR5 Graphics RAM was used against DDR3 of the Xbox. It is a far more powerful console than the Xbox One.

I could keep going but I believe the PS4 is much better value for money, cheaper, more powerful, no mandatory add-ons...need I say more?

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
Microsoft Gold membership I believe Yeadon but they dont get half the free games that ps+ members get :)