What the hell

bnz1

Digger
[close] 7,000,000 allied Cloner attacked, bribing 42,078,917 hostile staff.
Bribed: 42,078,917 [£124,474,824,600] enemies bribed

[close] 9,500,000 allied Cloner attacked, bribing 41,231,909 hostile staff.
Bribed: 47,515,369 [£118,709,088,400] enemies bribed.

In both cases, the enemy sent ONLY gardeners and geos and I know this for sure. I also had a battle (that I don't have in my news anymore) where 4 mil cloners cloned 65mil gardeners. So tell me, what happened here? How come those 2mil extra cloners were so ineffective?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
random factor + different flak proportion (probably)

can't really say without looking at the entire BRs

bnz1

Digger
I've seen this countless times where like...100,000 (or even less sometimes) of 200mil units slip through. So if I had bought 10,000 spike traps, or whatever else other units that could cover 100,000 gardeners/thieves, I would have successfully stopped the attack?

Max

Garden Designer
I think the answer is that there were simply no more gardeners to be bribed? So I assume you cloned all of the attacking gardeners, since the enemy knew he could get through with geos since you have no stripper after the cloners.

Best guess anyway!

Davs

Garden Designer
assuming this is a problem because something (my guess is geos) still got through, the reason is because you haven't managed to stop enougb before the cloners fired. By the time your cloners fire (if it's just against flak) there shouldn't be much flak left to fire at - i.e. buy more traps and basics.

bnz1

Digger
What about my question? Is it coincidence that I'm ALWAYS like 1,000 traps short of killing them all? I see this a lot in protestor routes also. Somehow a tiny bit of units slip through. Does that mean if they had just hired like 1,000 news vans or poms then he would have avoided losing land?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
This is all pretty straight forward.

regarding not blocking an attack...have you heard of the concept of sweeping? You need to EXPECT this small number of leftover troops. Its just how the game works.

Units like small droids can get 1:5 on flak. However, if you have 1m small droids and there is 3m incoming gardeners, you will not disable every single unit. There may be 50k left (which would mostly be geos which are stronger). In which case you need a few stunbots to 'sweep' the leftovers.

So your sleepers should normally get around 1:15 on pure flak. Cloners can also get up to around 1:15. So if you want to stop 150m inc, and you had 5m sleepers and 5 cloners, the sleepers would stop ~75m and the cloners would stop ~75m. However, there will be a few gards/geos left. Even if you had 6m of each, there could still be some left.

This is why you need 'sweepers'. Sweepers should never be expected to block the bulk of the incoming. Only the small amount of what is left. Therefore you should aim to have your cloners block less than 1m troops. So to stop 150m inc you should have something like 10m sleepers and 1m cloners. I would probably aim to have about 12m sleepers. They are cheap. Get more sleepers.

As to why you could not stop an attack while your cloners got poor ratios, its the same reason. There was not enough flak for you to get maximum ratios. But because you were relying on what should be sweepers to stop the bulk of the inc, there was nothing to distract the leftover geos.

(although i would be using hippies/yobs as sweepers as they target INN, while cloners target ALL)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
What about my question? Is it coincidence that I'm ALWAYS like 1,000 traps short of killing them all? I see this a lot in protestor routes also. Somehow a tiny bit of units slip through. Does that mean if they had just hired like 1,000 news vans or poms then he would have avoided losing land?

okay this is talked about in the manual here but to re-iterate what is said so you dont have to click the link:

imagine this is what your cloners were firing at:

geosalone.jpg

and imagine it took 1 cloners to stop 2 geo thief (this is not the actual value)
then it would only take 4 cloners to stop these seven geo's

but if your cloners were firing and there was more than just geos left over from your other units firing it would look more like this.
geogard.jpg

and those 4 cloners now hit the gardeners and the geos all mixed together. (the gardeners are very weak and it may be that one cloner could kill 20 of them or more.) so now you have 7 geos needing 4 cloners, and say for the sake of argument 100 gardeners, requiring 5 cloners. So theoretically you assume 9 cloners could stop it all. and theoretically it could if not all merged together as one mob.

but the problem is your 9 cloners although capable of stopping that entire army do not fire evenly. theres 7 geos and 100 gardeners. that means only 7/100ths of your cloners target the geos. and the excess firepower is wasted because most of it is spent hitting the gardeners. and suddenly those 9 cloners you need to stop the incoming becomes ([100*4]/[7]) = 57 Cloners. which is an absurd amount and you are realistically never going to have that many.

BUT yet again there is a solution. if you manage to use sleeping gas traps and spike traps and hippies and yobs. to stop those 100 gardeners (and you may even stop a geothioef or two in the process) then you will only be facing 7 geos again by the time your cloners fire, and you can stop that with 4 cloners. so that is why you always have a few units left over if you buy up only one type of unit, and that is why the final unit that fires is called your "SWEEPER" because all the cannon fodder is gone, and it can just sweep the geos to one side. if all the gardeners are not stopped, then you will not be able to sweep the geos to one side.

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
9m cloners against 7 geos is a bit overkill, willy.

Try and keep some sort of continuity when explaining things :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
*grabs crotch* right here buddy. Right here. -m

Above post corrected to avoid further pedantic comments