Website making magic

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Hello team of boffins!

I'm wondering if I could pick some technical brains. What I would like to do is to make a website, fully functioning (dur) with domain, reliable servers and all the necessary bits and bobs such as emails. The website format would be similar to eBay (of course different but for the sake of understanding the kind of thing I'm after). Where would I start?

Basically what would I need to make eBay and would it be easier/cheaper if I was to remove the "bidding" part so everything just had a "buy now" price.

I would like the website to be able to be evolved and edited as I see fit (or someone with a far higher technical ability).

I have spoken to a friend of mine down the pub and he has suggested a package which is about $3000 (I don't have the name or I'd happily share it) which would meet my requirements.

I wanted to see some other people's thoughts.

Thank you :)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I can point you to a friend of mine who makes professional (we're talking big business professional) websites from his shed in his underwear. I'll pass on some details and speak to him to make sure he actually responds to you.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I intend to manage the website while sitting in my pants too! Can't wait for business meetings.. :D

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I intend to manage the website while sitting in my pants too! Can't wait for business meetings.. :D

Gavin's a brilliant chap if you can withstand his rather terrifying sense of internet humour. My tip is, get used to seeing motherless.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Rainworx is the program my friend has recommended btw - if that helps.