WE saved the world

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
<MouldyOnions> thank you. I felt really good about this game a few days ago and although your individual attitude wont effect the overall game by much, you have certainly contributed to bringing my own optimism down to your levels, along with asmo and toby. Azzer doesnt seem to care much either so I am going to invest my money into something more positive.

You can thank us later.

-The Triumvirate of Negativity.

(Due to creative differences we've replaced Garrett with Asmo)

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
<MouldyOnions> thank you. I felt really good about this game a few days ago and although your individual attitude wont effect the overall game by much, you have certainly contributed to bringing my own optimism down to your levels, along with asmo and toby. Azzer doesnt seem to care much either so I am going to invest my money into something more positive.

You can thank us later.

he was incapable of making his own business decisions without a cheerleading section. regardless of any negativity - it wasn't going to happen. it was bullshit from the word go.

can't believe I was replaced tho. sad times.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
how weak was he to begin with that 3 people dashed his hopes and dreams?

**** him.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

You can thank us later.

he was incapable of making his own business decisions without a cheerleading section. regardless of any negativity - it wasn't going to happen. it was bullshit from the word go.

Just because someone wants a bit of user input about a business decision concerning their game, it doesn't mean they can't succeed at it. You think it's black and white, but it's not. So he doesn't have massive experience with this type of thing, of course he might be a little hesitant about going all in straight away. Again, doesn't mean he couldn't succeed.

And why is it such a bad idea to probe the community? The community IS a good place to see how this game could succeed. This game is mostly about community. And from what you guys as a minority have displayed on behalf of all of us is that we provide a negative toxic atmosphere. This is NOT conducive to a thriving community. Unless you are lucky to be let in a fun alliance any noobs are going to have to deal with this **** first up, and **** that. So from a business decision thus is a **** pace to start.

It doesn't matter if you negative guys are a minority, because you are the loudest, and that's all that matters. Mission accomplished.

Reactions: Dax

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

You can thank us later.

Just because someone wants a bit of user input about a business decision concerning their game, it doesn't mean they can't succeed at it. You think it's black and white, but it's not. So he doesn't have massive experience with this type of thing, of course he might be a little hesitant about going all in straight away. Again, doesn't mean he couldn't succeed.

And why is it such a bad idea to probe the community? The community IS a good place to see how this game could succeed. This game is mostly about community. And from what you guys as a minority have displayed on behalf of all of us is that we provide a negative toxic atmosphere. This is NOT conducive to a thriving community. Unless you are lucky to be let in a fun alliance any noobs are going to have to deal with this **** first up, and **** that. So from a business decision thus is a **** pace to start.

It doesn't matter if you negative guys are a minority, because you are the loudest, and that's all that matters. Mission accomplished.

The fact you're all giggling about it like the stereotype schoolyard sarcy numpties sums it all up, really. If you have nothing positively critical to say, then say nothing - But of course this very simple expectation can't even be expected of you.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
you all act as if anyone who utters 'i may buy the game' be treated like ****ing royalty.

a) posting only happy joy joy stuff is utter lunacy

b) being skeptical is nothing bad.

c) pointing out flaws isn't bad.

d) it was an attention whore post. asmo reported azzer surmised as much.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I made this thread in Spam for a reason. I'm taking the piss, obviously. But some people (currently Dax and Tim, in the past - many others) seem to talk without any sense of what's actually happening, and are resorting to generalisations.

Noone actually confronted that potential buyer fellow saying "lol, you ain't buying the game, go home you stupid little ****." No, we were trying to be reasonable, constructive and yes, at times a little sceptical. But if you say something is a bad idea, and you explain why - that's more positive in the long run than going "OMG you're the messiah, this is epic, make my phone beep when I get incs".

If anything he was the one being rude, impatient and and using yo momma jokes in order to prove his point.

As I've said on numerous occasions - You know you're doing something wrong when Asmo has a go at you.

Also he really gave us a real reason to make fun of him, after he continuously bragged about his entrepreneuring abilities, yet quit on a game, and I quote "which with a little effort could break even, and with some luck could make me millions", just because a couple of people were negative towards him.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Dimitar, i'm well aware this is a spam thread. I was responding to Garrett, not you, and not just this post, but the entirety of his constant negative posting.

i understand the reservations people have about someone actually buying the game. And i don't think there is anything wrong with having a negative attitude. But there is a difference between having a negative attitude and constantly spewing this negative attitude on the public forum.

No Garrett, i do not expect anyone considering buying the game to be treated like royalty. What I would like to see though is people displaying some courtesy to a forum user that you would display to anyone else. Obviously this is a bit much to expect from the likes of you. While you blurt your negative opinions non stop, i feel i may be entitled to interject with one of my own.

Post all the criticisms you have, i don't mind. What i find a little concerning is the way you do so. You are completely condescending and rude. You have thus attitude like you don't have time for anyones opinion unless they agree with you. Obviously that will never change, it's only disappointing that you so tarnish this community.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Quite simply it was someone stroking their ego and boasting, trying to see if he could generate hype about how cool he was. I saw it for what it was immediately and called him out on it. Others did too, and so now only tim is sticking to his guns about me. Boo hoo. The "community" didn't need another merry go round, but tim feels it's his perfect platform for some angst. Hope it's off his chest. If he was here I'd offer a hug.

In DA's thread about possible changes I was quite pleasant and hopeful. Keep up the hyperbole and summary judgements tim!

Last edited: