Vamp/SA

Max

Garden Designer
I think that's only during a stormy night Stargazer, the statistics favour vampires during those rare ticks :D

Nickk

Harvester
I wouldn't worry too much about their ratios on flak but more the way you want to play. At the end of the day if someone sends a ridiculous amount of flak at you, you will lose land no matter what troops you buy. If you like pure stealth attacking, go SA. If you like the idea of converts go Vamp. I tend to think SA provides a bigger variety of targets because assassins do a fair bit of AD. I don't believe SA is a better route alliance wise (contrary to Max), they are equally as good. Vamp route may have the disadvantage at vamps being eta 5, but is great for anti rushes especially when the playerbase is so obsessed with massing harriers.

edd

Tree Surgeon
That ratio is probably on dogs and flak or stripped gargoyles. Idk but something like that.

The worst thing about the eta2 reveal is that if your opponent is sending stealth defense (a ninja with their sa) then you can't roll unless you know to spy to check if he is sending.
Also apaches

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Stargazer: SAs do about 1:5.5 against flak. So calc with 1:6 if you're attacking and 1:5 if you're defending. Vamps get like 1:4.2, so calc with a 1:4.5 for attacking and a 1:4 for defending. Bottom line is, SA is better. The only thing I like about Vamps is the possibility of layering early firing HD to deal with let flak.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Didn't see the post by max about stormy nights til just now. I can't say i ever figured out the bonus despite the last 2 days being solid storms. But the first real Br of the round I had was against Chris with my pnap and we tore into him pretty badly during a stormy night (iirc) taking little damage in return. However I don't think the AD was increased much, if at all by the storms. So if the bonus is like the werewolf one (double HD/health in clear skies) but in night time storms as they are rarer then 1:10 would be perfectly achievable tbf.

However it might not have been night time, i only remember the storms.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
You think thats a mystery check this crap out.

Evening tick of havoc (didnt glimpse weather but was sunny few ticks before)
[range] 1,000 allied Vampire attacked, killing 5,196 hostile staff.
[raised] 187 corpses twitched into life, becoming Lesser Vampire.

Midnight tick of havoc (was definately cloudy)
[middle] 1,000 allied Vampire attacked, killing 5,199 hostile staff.
[raised] 49 corpses twitched into life, becoming Lesser Vampire.

Both times hitting flak that vastly outnumbered the units, and with no additional stripping....why such a big difference in converts? Was against gardeners fyi stargayzer if thats what you were after

edd

Tree Surgeon
Yeah i had stuff like that with wolves, one tick 120k the next 170k. I think there is a range you can convert between and it might be random.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
This is why unit bonuses were a bad idea. 30 rounds later and we still have no idea what the fantasy routes are capable of.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
if you're an active solo Vamp > SA as a full route as mummies last tick can scare most attackers even armour

1 v 1 SA is clearly better if they are fighting each others

SA are weak to most armour routes so i would choose vamps for the capability to fend off more

allied i would always go SA

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Vamps 15,000,000 :159,118,177 (1:10.6)Submitted by Alcibiades
Secret Agent 69 : 451 (1:6.54) Submitted by edd & maickesh

?

That was definitely from long before they were changed, and in a PW, with loads of other crap firing. Utterly untrustworthy now, looks like other people down below have better answers for you ;)