Vamp/SA

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
If we're going to talk about enhancing the game overall, something needs to be done about harriers :p

Just make anything high-tech ETA 4+. Simple. PB/Gargs/other low-ETA & low-tech units as ETA 3 are fair as they are easily stopped (as are Harriers tbh, but whatever) - But adjusting the Harrier ETA would mean increasing their capabilities/decreasing their cost to justify the cut.

I agree the vamp route isn't great. However some people enjoy the aspect of converting/no insurance. I don't see a reason to get rid of the route if some people are still choosing to go vamps.

it's a bug, not a feature. That is one of the most important reasons to get rid of it. That and it sucks goatnuts.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
I agree the vamp route isn't great. However some people enjoy the aspect of converting/no insurance. I don't see a reason to get rid of the route if some people are still choosing to go vamps.

^+1
Also if vamps (never played them myself) were such utter crap as I have seen people post here, please explain to me how it is that Silence ranked so high so many rounds as a solo playing vamps

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
And Ed (Edd).

They are a good route if played well, as proven by 2 good players (And more previously).

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It's dedication and knowledge that makes any route successful. Most people have neither.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer

^+1
Also if vamps (never played them myself) were such utter crap as I have seen people post here, please explain to me how it is that Silence ranked so high so many rounds as a solo playing vamps

because of the ins bug and relatively little knowledge held by the existing base, people are scared of vamps. sad times.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

^+1

because of the ins bug and relatively little knowledge held by the existing base, people are scared of vamps. sad times.

Silence is also a reasonably talented player. He could rank high with a limp dick and only one testicle.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
well I knew the answer before I asked the question.. just wanted to see someone admit that the route isn't worthless to a knowledgeable/quality player.

All the more reason to keep it.. if it's gone then the same people will want RPG/dragon/apache/PoM routes removed because they can't play those worth a crap either :p

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
no james. it's a **** route. just because someone used it well doesn't mean that it adds to the game.

just because someone can make an adobe house out of **** doesn't mean you should live in it.

Max

Garden Designer
The vampire route is a really nice addition to solo play I think. It's a brilliant "all-rounder" and different enough from SAs to deserve a place in the game IMO.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The vampire route is a really nice addition to solo play I think. It's a brilliant "all-rounder" and different enough from SAs to deserve a place in the game IMO.

I still flick on forums so often and have glanced this thread without actually reading much of it, but I've seen people whinge about routes and stuff...

Firstly variation adds to the game, less routes makes for less interesting UNLESS these routes are imbalanced... they're not. I personally love both the Fantasy routes. They are not polar opposites of other routes but there's certainly a discussion point in alliances of which to choose, and same with solo.

Both are good solo routes because they're good to defend and are kind of "jack of all trade" routes and as a solo you're better off not being able to stomp 50% of your opponents and get stomped by another 50%, you're better off being able to half stomp 100%... Both routes are great deterants to be attacked if set-up correctly. Two of the best solo routes, only Nanos and Bunkers would be above them I think... but I'd still probably pick Vamp or Sorc purely for funzies...

If my post is completely out of context or whatever then I'm sorry, I can't be arsed to read what you lot have written for 4 pages because I'm right, irrespective of what's been said properly.

Loves and hugs.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Martin said:
Two of the best solo routes, only Nanos and Bunkers would be above them I think...

You forgot strikers with marines :p

win-button.jpg

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Trying to do some proper comparisions as im deciding between SA/Vamp:

But im comparing JUST SA/Vamp-not the other units in their branches.

Note to disclamier i know the * system is a rough guideline.

SA=55K Total 10 * ETA 4 reveal 1
VAMP=55K Total 9 * ETA 5 reveal 2

Same initiative.

So the factors im looking at are Sa are lower eta/x1 star better but vampires convert.

So the question im asking is whats more usefull/profitable-lower eta or be able to make profit and convert?

Max

Garden Designer
The advantages of SAs over Vampires for stealth rushing are enormous.

Being able to send eta 4 and reveal at 1 rather than eta 5 and reveal at 2 is a massive advantage.

It's much easier to defend something that reveals at eta 2 than something that reveals at eta 1.

Having said that - the extra star of AD that the vampires have is great for expanding the number of routes that you can defeat in a battle (harriers for example).

If you are planning on playing solo and/or attacking mainly solos at eta 5, go Vampires.

If you are planning on playing allied and/or mainly aiming to kill other alliances with stealth rushes and teamwork (i.e. with RPGs/Strikers as armour strippers), go SAs.

Max

Garden Designer
You believe incorrectly I am afraid :p Vampires do less HD than SAs (marginally)

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Vamps 15,000,000 :159,118,177 (1:10.6)Submitted by Alcibiades
Secret Agent 69 : 451 (1:6.54) Submitted by edd & maickesh

?