Vamp/SA

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Hello all, just something that has been bothering me:

I know Vamp and SA have the same init, so when a Vamp attacks an SA, the SA fires first, and so fourth with the SA and Vamp.

But my question is; who will fire first between the SA and the Vamp if both of them was to attack together?

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
game deletes itself. no more fantasy routes. happiness restored.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
[middle] 16,185,591 hostile Secret Agent attacked, killing 43,380,113 allied staff.
[middle] 17,002,739 hostile Vampire attacked, killing 31,899,245 allied staff.

From a BR posted by Tiger.

You're welcome.

Steve_God

Official Helper
From news from when it was introduced:
"Firing order is prioritised firstly by initiative (lower initiative fires first). The next determining factor, if this matches, is defenders fire first, then close range attackers, then mid range attackers, then range attackers. If this also matches (eg vampires and secret agents defending together with the same initiative), then it simply defaults to the default order units appear in your staff list (hiring, hax0r's, military pages etc.) - secret agents coming before vampires in this example."

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It still doesn't alter the fact the Vamp route is utterly ****ing useless.

EDIT: So is SA, with experience. **** route.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It still doesn't alter the fact the Vamp route is utterly ****ing useless.

EDIT: So is SA, with experience. **** route.
Clearly you haven't been playing the SA route properly then ;)

No, it's just not fitting to how I play. I don't like being restricted to so few routes you can actually kill effectively. It just wasn't as much fun as Robo/Dogs.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Dax, im Pretty sure i remeber you posting how much you were enjoying vamps several rounds ago. Because of all the forum complaints that people weren't getting insurance....

Vamps eta 5 and eta 2 reveal is a balls ache mind

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
instead of telling you to stuff your opinions .. I will just add one;
The game needs more routes not removal of what is already here. If you don't like a route or feel it's useless, don't play it and stfu

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
instead of telling you to stuff your opinions .. I will just add one;
The game needs more routes not removal of what is already here. If you don't like a route or feel it's useless, don't play it and stfu

I would like more routes, but we all know that isn't going to happen :p. Vamps just don't serve a purpose, is my main gripe with them. I like dragons, I didn't use to, but having played them a couple times they are great. However, Vamps, I just can't get on board with.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
More routes does not = better game. It just makes it harder to balance. Dragons kinda fit in these days as an all-round tank route, but vampires have no purpose. Anything vamps can do, SAs can do better.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Vamps on their own, I agree.
Throw in a decent amount of Werewolves and Gargs, and you'll scare off a PoM player from an easy attack - something that the SA route can't do at all.

Use 'all' the route and not just mass one unit, and you'll find it's advantages.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
[middle] 16,185,591 hostile Secret Agent attacked, killing 43,380,113 allied staff.
[middle] 17,002,739 hostile Vampire attacked, killing 31,899,245 allied staff.

From a BR posted by Tiger.

You're welcome.

This is probably the best post I've ever read. Also Tiger, in his initial post, said "and so fourth", proving my theory that the universe is shaped like the number 4.