USA West Coast

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Since I know there are a fair few Americans playing this game, or trying anyway, I thought this could be a good place to ask around for some tourist information. ^^

I'm going to California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona in june, so currently looking around for some more information on the area apart from the obvious Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon etc.
Maybe there are some Americans here who could give some pointers on less obvious places in the area that are worth visiting, or some less obvious stuff to do in the big cities (LA, San Fran, San Diego, Vegas & Salt Lake City atm on the shortlist ^^)
Or maybe some guys from the area who want to have some sort of bush-pub meet one night or whatever.

Post away ladies!

CFalcon

Official Helper
Well, I guess it's kinda an obvious one, but Yosemite is definitely worth a visit. That's all I can really remember of that corner of the country :<

Yang

Harvester
Let us know how much the budget for this roughly is, I am thinking of doing something similar to this sometime in the next few years and it would be good to start saving =D

bluehen55

Harvester
Well your first problem is your going to the wrong coast :p But there are some beautiful beaches out there, and as someone with a full-fledged gambling problem I'll tell you to make the most out of Vegas. Someone like Lafin would have a better idea on specific places but you can definitely find some great nature spots along that trip if thats your thing

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Well your first problem is your going to the wrong coast :p But there are some beautiful beaches out there, and as someone with a full-fledged gambling problem I'll tell you to make the most out of Vegas. Someone like Lafin would have a better idea on specific places but you can definitely find some great nature spots along that trip if thats your thing

Already had a chat with lafin in the past week, might meet up with him when I'm in San Fran ^^

@Yang: I'm aiming at keeping it under 2.5k euro (flight & car inclusive), but I think it'll be somewhere 2.5-3k euro for 3 weeks.

xvi

Harvester
West Coast Rocks. Lived most my life here.

Las Vegas: Enough said. But dont spend all your time gambling. There are a ton of shows and comedy for adults. Treasure Island may be a good hotel for decent rate.

San Diego: Go down to the beach at night and you can walk around hitting all the night clubs and bars that sit right on the beach. Also, there is Lego Land that might be a fun way to kill a some time during the day.

LA: Your going to Disneyland right? Its not just for kids, especially with the California Adventure side of the park. There's even adult beverages at California Adventure. Plus, when else can you use your best line on Cinderella? Dont try it on Alice tho.

San Fran: You can spend a good day down town at the aquarium and Pier 39. Also, try catching a show at the Orpheum theatre if the schedule shows anything happening.

Hollywood: You should go here. There is a ton to do. Just dont try and buy anything lol.

SLC: Salt Lake has an awesome zoo. Don't expect night life to be killer tho, mormons turn into pumpkins at 8pm. But, its defo worth while to check out the mormon temple.

Reno: Party town. You'll have fun here. Go to the Peppermill, they will let you bring in your own drinks. Great strip clubs too. Did I say that out loud? :/

Lake Tahoe: A beautiful city thay may be worth traveling through and spending one night. There is one not a ton to do but gamble, but the scenery is amazing.

If you have questions about anything your planning on doing, feel free to drop me a line.

TehPantz

Head Gardener
West coast is best coast!

It's a shame that you are not visiting Oregon, but while you are in Utah, check out Zion National Park. The Redwoods of northern California are pretty cool as well.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Even in Bulgaria west coast is the best coast. Not that we have a west coast... but if we did it would so wtfrape the east one

Souls

Official Helper
Pfft, skipping out on the Pacific Northwest? For shame :(