• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Tutorial 750+ land and Dev "steps"

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I often start techs before i have 750 land. As a result, I'd like the tutorial to register whether or not you've actually already started a dev when it comes to the step after acquiring 750+ land so that you can breeze right through that step instead of having to wait for your second tier techs to finish before being able to move on.

Simplistic tbh, but irritates me a little bit every round.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Not an unreasonable request. Although, you don't get anything for completely a dev anyway. All it really does it get rid of that reminder to do so.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Which is the most pressing reason to do so. it messes with my brain having that damn reminder there :p This would be SUCH an easy fix I assume, and I would be SO grateful.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Just move it in-front of the 750-acre requirement. Easy
Easy fix, yes...
Although that would remove the reason for the tutorial in the first place - as a general newbie that's trying to learn the game would more likely need the 750 acres before starting a dev.

A proper fix should be done that simply registers 'if' a tech has already been started.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Easy fix, yes...
Although that would remove the reason for the tutorial in the first place - as a general newbie that's trying to learn the game would more likely need the 750 acres before starting a dev.

A proper fix should be done that simply registers 'if' a tech has already been started.

You could always combine it into 1 step too.. Whatever is easier to code, not that I suspect any of it would be particularly difficult to code.

E

emmasam

The reason you can get 'levelled by someone half your size' is that your route is not good against thier route. You have scissors, they have rock. Solo's can attack alliances no problem, and be succesfull. Look at the higher ranked solos, using the games bounty system to make 3T losses acceptable, by earning 60% of what they kill. Plus insurance, its relatively easy to turn a profit whilst killing a good amount of troops. You just have to use your troop ratios to target certain other routes.

mynamespat

Weeder
The reason you can get 'levelled by someone half your size' is that your route is not good against thier route. You have scissors, they have rock. Solo's can attack alliances no problem, and be succesfull. Look at the higher ranked solos, using the games bounty system to make 3T losses acceptable, by earning 60% of what they kill. Plus insurance, its relatively easy to turn a profit whilst killing a good amount of troops. You just have to use your troop ratios to target certain other routes.

Well, that is completely on-topic and informative. Thanks for the info!

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
hFEDB5F7D

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
Easy fix, yes...

IMO the entire tutorial system needs a revamp to accommodate for the current size of the playerbase. I personally feel 750+ acres is a little far fetched for those just starting a new game with such a small playerbase, it just takes too long for new players rather than those that know how to use an abuse the tutorial system.

Slavi

Harvester
The reason you can get 'levelled by someone half your size' is that your route is not good against thier route. You have scissors, they have rock. Solo's can attack alliances no problem, and be succesfull. Look at the higher ranked solos, using the games bounty system to make 3T losses acceptable, by earning 60***37; of what they kill. Plus insurance, its relatively easy to turn a profit whilst killing a good amount of troops. You just have to use your troop ratios to target certain other routes.

Just tell me that you're old enough so i can marry you.