This is no longer a game of skill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightNinja

Harvester
its a game of money. the donating system has killed the game..i know servers are expensive so don't even go there I already know. But not everyone as the money to donate all round long and get a clear cut advantage. Non-donaters even in a decent alliance don' stand a chance just because you have ppl who donate ass loads of money all the time and get credits to get to the top...which is why the same guys are always in the top 10 EVERY TIME. Case and point azzer bought a house and went on vaction and all this and that..and I'm willing to guess that it was all of money he's made of this game. Hopefully there will be a way to balance the game again the future cause right now it's an uphill battle all round long.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Since when are the same people in the top ten every round? What makes you think the top players buy game cash? Did you ever stop to think that they might just be better and more active than everyone else?

Ofc Azzer used the money from this game to help buy his house. After all, this game is his livelyhood. This game is his profession.

Nothing you say here makes the slightest bit of sense.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
From your post i'm assuming your very new to this game, allow me to explain some of the basic flaws in your logic in the hope that you understand how this game operates and how the purchasing system is nothing like you believe it is.

During the first week of the round no game cash is purchasable therefore there is no way to 'get ahead' using cash, during this first week people can amass many thousands of acres (and frequently do), generating large amounts of funds and as this is at a time of 'Flak wars' where very few troops are actually killed people can amass acres/funds/troops quickly.

This advantage means that skill/activity and not cash decides the beginning of the game.

During the round the calculation of the amount of game cash purchasable is based on a % of the scores of the top players so while it can provide a seemingly 'big' boost at the lower levels it'd be used by a top 100 player possibly only after a zeroing or sometimes to purchase enough def to survive an attack from a much larger opponent and even in these cases i dont believe its used much and i have been in many alliances since my first round in rd 6

Seriously mate i remember how frustrating this game can be at times learning in the smaller alliances (we've all been there) but unlike 99% of other online games you really can play this game at the top level against the best players and spend nothing (sometimes a small one off payment for a purchase unit)

I hope you'll persevere and realise that the more you learn of the game the more you'll realise this gripe is just pure wrong and laugh about it

keep on trucking mate!

Turnip2k

Harvester
its a game of money. the donating system has killed the game..i know servers are expensive so don't even go there I already know. But not everyone as the money to donate all round long and get a clear cut advantage. Non-donaters even in a decent alliance don' stand a chance just because you have ppl who donate ass loads of money all the time and get credits to get to the top...which is why the same guys are always in the top 10 EVERY TIME. Case and point azzer bought a house and went on vaction and all this and that..and I'm willing to guess that it was all of money he's made of this game. Hopefully there will be a way to balance the game again the future cause right now it's an uphill battle all round long.

The money you can get from bush creds makes very little difference at the top ranks. Right now, the limit is 417 billion. The people with the most land in the game will earn that in under 8 hours.

The game cash can make a big impact in the lower scores however, and yes it can be very annoying if someone at rank 400 buys up max game cash, buys up units with no warning and zeros you - but they paid good money to do that, so fair play to them.

Yes, Azzer IS earning money out of this game. This is his job, his business - if he didn't earn money, none of us would be here in the first place.

NightNinja

Harvester
really

really

i'm not "new" at the game you saussage. I remember when there WERE NO PAY UNITS. When Grenaders were the final unit in military and when Robotics weren't even a concept. And it does make a difference I've actually finished in the top 50 back in round 7. But I've played on and off for the last few years so don't question my level of skill. If you do you can kiss my ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
i'm not "new" at the game you saussage. I remember when there WERE NO PAY UNITS. When Grenaders were the final unit in military and when Robotics weren't even a concept. And it does make a difference I've actually finished in the top 50 back in round 7. But I've played on and off for the last few years so don't question my level of skill. If you do you can kiss my ass.

You, sir, need to calm down. Just because you played in round 7 does not mean you are right.
Melnibone assumed you were new because you're a new member of the forums and your post seemed like the sort of post a new player would make.

And I'm sorry, but buying game cash makes very little difference. If Rank 1 bought max game cash this week it would increase his army like 5%. The p-unit can make a difference in some routes, but for routes like robotics, PoMs, RPGs, the route can easily be played without it.

NightNinja

Harvester
yes but that's how they get distance in the beginning of the round..allowing researches done quicker, and making people who do things the hard way to play catch up the whole god damn round. Once they get their its cruising for the rest. You can't tell me it makes no difference at all that's a load of poop. At this point yeah..but in the early going it makes all the god-damn difference. Prolly doesn't hurt to be buddies with azzer either.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
yes but that's how they get distance in the beginning of the round..allowing researches done quicker, and making people who do things the hard way to play catch up the whole god damn round. Once they get their its cruising for the rest. You can't tell me it makes no difference at all that's a load of ****. At this point yeah..but in the early going it makes all the god-damn difference. Prolly doesn't hurt to be buddies with azzer either.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

But it's good, I am entertained.

AndyM

Pruner
As has already been pointed out - Game cash is proportional to the top players' score and is not available for the first week of the round.

PUnits are not essential either. 'Hax0r' the rank 2 player.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Other people have already pointed out how wrong you are but I will also, just for the hell of it.
its a game of money. the donating system has killed the game..i know servers are expensive so don't even go there I already know. But not everyone as the money to donate all round long and get a clear cut advantage. Non-donaters even in a decent alliance don' stand a chance just because you have ppl who donate ass loads of money all the time and get credits to get to the top...which is why the same guys are always in the top 10 EVERY TIME.
Firstly, 4 of the top 10 haven't bought the punit. Secondly, none of the rank 1 alliance (at least, to my knowledge - and I'm one of them) have bought any game cash this round. Thirdly, last rounds winner didn't buy a punit or game cash and neither have many of the players that have won a round in the past. Over the two rounds I won (16 and 23), I bought 1 punit and that was it.
Many players have been a lot more successful than top 50 back in round 7 (seriously, that is not an achievement to be proud of or to be used to make yourself look like a skilled player - in fact, it probably has the opposite effect) without spending money to get there.
Case and point azzer bought a house and went on vaction and all this and that..and I'm willing to guess that it was all of money he's made of this game. Hopefully there will be a way to balance the game again the future cause right now it's an uphill battle all round long.
This is Azzer's job, his livelihood. So long as Azzer has worked and does work hard enough to support the game, he deserves to make a living from it. Why should he spend his time creating a game for you and have to have another job on top of that?

NightNinja

Harvester
andyou

andyou

need to stfu. Did I ask you what you think? Did I. NO? Then go to hell. i say it's a conspiracy..every god-damn thing is a conspiracy. You don't know me..and you nothing about me. This game is unbalanced in alot of ways..period. look at the apache route...145k per apache yet they fire slow as jelly i used to run that route until I found out just how crappy it was they need to be fixed and fire faster if they are that expensive espiacally where strikers have a really crappy kill ratio. You guys can say what you want but like anything else this game is FAR from perfect.

NightNinja

Harvester
Other people have already pointed out how wrong you are but I will also, just for the hell of it.
its a game of money. the donating system has killed the game..i know servers are expensive so don't even go there I already know. But not everyone as the money to donate all round long and get a clear cut advantage. Non-donaters even in a decent alliance don' stand a chance just because you have ppl who donate ass loads of money all the time and get credits to get to the top...which is why the same guys are always in the top 10 EVERY TIME.
Firstly, 4 of the top 10 haven't bought the punit. Secondly, none of the rank 1 alliance (at least, to my knowledge - and I'm one of them) have bought any game cash this round. Thirdly, last rounds winner didn't buy a punit or game cash and neither have many of the players that have won a round in the past. Over the two rounds I won (16 and 23), I bought 1 punit and that was it.
i'm not "new" at the game dickhead. I remember when there WERE NO PAY UNITS. When Grenaders were the final unit in military and when Robotics weren't even a concept. And it does make a difference I've actually finished in the top 50 back in round 7. But I've played on and off for the last few years so don't question my level of skill. If you do you can kiss my ass.
Many players have been a lot more successful than top 50 back in round 7 (seriously, that is not an achievement to be proud of or to be used to make yourself look like a skilled player - in fact, it probably has the opposite effect) without spending money to get there.
Case and point azzer bought a house and went on vaction and all this and that..and I'm willing to guess that it was all of money he's made of this game. Hopefully there will be a way to balance the game again the future cause right now it's an uphill battle all round long.
This is Azzer's job, his livelihood. So long as Azzer has worked and does work hard enough to support the game, he deserves to make a living from it. Why should he spend his time creating a game for you and have to have another job on top of that?

how about you eat waffles and go to sleep. I know one thing why don' I come to one of these bush-meets and knock you around little beachball. How about that...I ain't the one. And the only reason I was 48 and not higher that round was because I didn't get on the last day because my comp pooped up. So go sleep in a corner in some painful fashion. And i unlike the vast majority of YOU guys have a life to attend to other than spending hours and hours of time on an unfair game such as bushtarion. You know OUTSIDE being active actually doing stuff unlike you losers.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
need to stfu. Did I ask you what you think? Did I. NO? Then go to hell. i say it's a conspiracy..every god-damn thing is a conspiracy. You don't know me..and you nothing about me. This game is unbalanced in alot of ways..period. look at the apache route...145k per apache yet they fire slow as jelly i used to run that route until I found out just how crappy it was they need to be fixed and fire faster if they are that expensive espiacally where strikers have a really crappy kill ratio. You guys can say what you want but like anything else this game is FAR from perfect.

Wow...just...wow. This has to be one of, if not the, most moronic posts I've ever had the misfortune to read.

Please go and read this: http://www.bushtarion.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Index and actually play the game for a good few rounds then come back once you actually have a clue what you're talking about.

AndyM

Pruner
By posting on forums you are making a point that is open to discussion, that's the point.

And while nobody said that this game is perfect, they've shown everything in your original post to be incorrect. And also, tell rank 1 how crap the apache route is.

And grow up dude, come on... :mrgreen:

NightNinja

Harvester
little gremlin...

little gremlin...

i bet you wouldn't that to my face.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
ROFL. Dude...you're taking this a bit personally. Nobody is dissin' you, or cracking wise about yo momma, so please calm down. We're just trying to show you how, and why, your original post is not correct. You've made bold, sweeping generalisations about the top ranks with absolutely no evidence to back it up. You say you've been playing since round 7, but you act like you ARE 7.

Also this made me chuckle:

[00:42:15] <dinget> hehe, someone needs to point out the biggest cash buyer is gadfly and he's never finished anywhere

NightNinja

Harvester
I have nothing to prove to a bunch of nerds who give their life to some lame computer game. I wrestle that's my passion. I actually do something PHYSICAL. I try to play this game to have fun and it's just not fun anymore. My old account was actually pretty good I've done very well a few times the last time I was going to finish in the top 50 again my account got hacked and the guy who did it challenged EVERYONE in the game with a mass mail and got me zeroed...

which is the hackers fault no one elses but still. It's not like I haven't had sucess in this game. think whatever you want to think..but that's the gospel.

lol. when did you escape??

and what is that supposed to mean? eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.