The Wiki

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Hi all, I just noticed something so thought I'd post. Where's the Wiki gone?

Discuss.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Unfortunately hardly any people used/updated it, so it was re-replaced by the manual on the understanding that a select few people would be given the ability to update that.

Equally unfortunately, they didn't.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
It was officially lost in the server explosion of March 2010 :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Unfortunately hardly any people used/updated it, so it was re-replaced by the manual on the understanding that a select few people would be given the ability to update that.

Equally unfortunately, they didn't.

This. And what Ogluk said. All in all, symptomatic.

Steve_God

Official Helper
It was officially lost in the server explosion of March 2010 :p

This.

A handful of us have access to modify pages of the manual, but haven't got round to it.
(If you want to make the actual text changes, and send the amended text to me, I'll happily copy/paste it in)

In addition (for Martin), if you have a look in the Staff forums, I made a thread with the back-ups of the 'key pages' of the old Wiki that were cached before it died, although I looked through them recently put they need a overhaul with many of the changes that have happened.

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
Well i mean it would probably be alot easier to bring back the wiki that other people could edit in their spare time, add some stuff here and there.

Since the manual mostly elaborates on formulas

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I mean this with all serious ... we had a wiki?

Rowan

Harvester
Is it possible to bring it back alongside the manual? I know a few people who'd love to edit/update it and I'd definitely love to write some articles, as indepth as I could.

It'd be quite fun. Tactics, rough ratios, etc etc. I'm sure there's a load more people who'd be willing to spend a bit of time between ticks helping out with it. Possible at all?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Having rough ratios is the worst idea ever. As for the rest - it is possible, read Steve_God's post above.

Rowan

Harvester
Okay exact ratios then :p Or something like how many gards they kill, from NBS readouts or something.

I was just stream-of-conscience-ing really, I wouldn't take anything I say too literally.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I just don't think knowing the exact ratios is within the spirit of the game. Azzer keeps the exact ratings of the units to himself for a reason. That's just my opinion though

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't think it is against the spirit of the game to inform people how many gardeners you can expect your HTs to kill.

As Alci says, stop being dense.