Stupidity

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Azzer cares, he's just busy. Weeble/DA have already apologized on his behalf. I don't see what else you want from Azzer?

Taking the correct course of action during a server crash, just once, rather than thinking of alternatives after the fact and not being able to do anything would probably suffice!

Razorwolf

Pruner
It wasn't constructive criticism at all. The manner in which a problem is brought to the front is what is important.
I personally disagree that it really was his fault in any part. I imagine that by the time he was aware, it was too late to really stop everything, as stuff had already begun to happen. Can only really know from the man himself's PoV. I'll hold general judgement until then, though.

Well he was aware that the server was being upgraded as :!:he said in his post, I know for a fact that when companies do major work to their servers the normally have someone there incase the whole system goes down. In this case it is a business and therefore probably should have been around just incase.. Or at least have someone stand in for himself. I'm not griping or complaining really, just pointing out what could be done differently

This post you mean?

Azzer was busy, it was supposed to routine. When it did go down he let us know the situation.

Azzer has instituted a systemthat if the bush server cannot connect to major websites then the game stops ticking. As it turns out the game did connect so it didn't stop ticking.

Yes there were problems, yes it might have been handled differently. As it turns out it wasn't. We've received an apology. So I reiterate my question, what more do you want?

did you even bother to read the post azzer made? he said there it wasnt regular maintenance, but a big massive upgrade that only happens every 10 years...

and as to him being busy, as i stated earlier he could have organise someone to keep an eye on it, as any business would, just incase of such an eventually...

so your entire post just proves you dont bother even reading before you started typing crap

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I can't find the overview post but I was under the impression Azzer had said the upgrade was a routine event. Not routine as in regular, but as in generally uncomplicated and a simple procedure. That was my understanding of what was going on. If I'm incorrect I do apologize.

From what I understand there's not much he can do in England about servers in Chicago. I also thought MarkB And DA were monitoring the situation. At least as long as I was in #bushtarion I was getting regular updates. Perhaps you were in the wrong place in the wrong time.

Anyways, he probably should have shut down the server but since he didn't, and he has apologized and I'm sure safeguards will be put in place in the future. I honestly don't see what more you want of the man. He's not perfect and he's given us an excellent game to play. Stop being so selfish and understand that this game is not the centre of the world and having a server stutter for a day really isn't that big of a deal. As Dax said, move along.

Also, why so hostile to me? Totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

Last edited:

Razorwolf

Pruner
Alcibiades said:
Anyways, he probably should have shut down the server but since he didn't, and he has apologized and I'm sure safeguards will be put in place in the future. I honestly don't see what more you want of the man.

First and foremost that is the real point ive been trying to make... second of all i havent requested anything of azzer, i said neither we need a rollback or anything else, just my plain opinion and suggestions.

Alcibiades said:
Stop being so selfish and understand that this game is not the centre of the world and having a server stutter for a day really isn't that big of a deal. As Dax said, move along.

I dont realise how im being selfish one bit? In all my posts all i have ever said is state my opinion, which in this case leans towards what happened as unfair. I havent made a big deal of it, just replied to what you have said to me

Alcibiades said:
Also, why so hostile to me? Totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

For this i must apologise, i get frustrated easily and say things that arnt nice. I have nothing against you, except the fact that we cant seem to agree to seeing things the same way.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Lol it happens. I'm somewhat tricky to get along with :p. Anyways, we'll see what happens, if anything, due to the latest server issue.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
'Anyways, he probably should have shut down the server but since he didn't, and he has apologized and I'm sure safeguards will be put in place in the future.'

How many times does this have to be said though before it actually happens?

That's what I'd like to know.

Edit:

Zaheen
BANNED

Winrar.

Davs

Garden Designer
'Anyways, he probably should have shut down the server but since he didn't, and he has apologized and I'm sure safeguards will be put in place in the future.'

How many times does this have to be said though before it actually happens?

That's what I'd like to know.

In fairness to Azzer, he has (as been said somewhere in this thread already) put in some safeguards for certain server failings. This particular problem wasn't protected because he probably hadn't experienced this exact problem much in the past. Now he's been made more than aware of this problem, he can come up with a suitable way of dealing with it in the future.

Azzer is human, as such he's not infallable. He's going to make a few mistakes every now and again. Rather than getting overly worked up about things like this, just make your suggestion about how it should be dealt with and leave it at that. If he agrees that it's the best way to do it, he'll do it. He's a busy guy, give him a break.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I HAVE made suggestions about it in the past. I get the same stupid response you just gave me 'he's only human, give him a break, he'll do better next time' and he never does. I won't give him a break for someone who consistently screws up in something potentially round changing. And this happened a twice in the past year, if not a 3rd time...it's not like it's the first time.

And what safeguards? Not losing the game data? Wow. Good stuff.

Zaheen

BANNED
I HAVE made suggestions about it in the past. I get the same stupid response you just gave me 'he's only human, give him a break, he'll do better next time' and he never does. I won't give him a break for someone who consistently screws up in something potentially round changing. And this happened a twice in the past year, if not a 3rd time...it's not like it's the first time.

It's a free game, get a grip Iamsmart.

Even if you buy game cash weekly, sometimes things like this happen. It's not like he purposefully planned it to happen, it was out of his control, a natural disaster in other words. No need to keep spurting your crap about it as if you could have prevented it in your own game.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Even if you buy game cash weekly, sometimes things like this happen. It's not like he purposefully planned it to happen, it was out of his control, a natural disaster in other words.

This.
For example, you can't point the finger at the British government if a tornado comes through London one day and destroys everything, then saying "you didn't build storm bunkers". It's something that is very rare, and not everyone has the foresight to anticipate such problems as a result.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
But people do blame governments for natural disasters Dax. ;) however that doesnt make it right.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

It's a free game, get a grip Iamsmart.

Even if you buy game cash weekly, sometimes things like this happen. It's not like he purposefully planned it to happen, it was out of his control, a natural disaster in other words. No need to keep spurting your crap about it as if you could have prevented it in your own game.

It's not just a 'free game' to people who spend 8+ hours a day playing bush. Learn to read, I have in the past, and in this thread suggested (or suggested others suggestions) on what to do. And if you want to use a natural disaster - Lets think about floods. We don't just sit back - We use sand bags. It's called damage control. He could have done something - he didn't. Point made.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
It's not just a 'free game' to people who spend 8+ hours a day playing bush. Learn to read, I have in the past, and in this thread suggested (or suggested others suggestions) on what to do. And if you want to use a natural disaster - Lets think about floods. We don't just sit back - We use sand bags. It's called damage control. He could have done something - he didn't. Point made.

That people use 8+ h a day on a free game with no prizes to be won, really is their problem... not Azzers. A computer game is prone to the occasional hick-up, that people get their panties in a twist if they happen to draw the short straw this time is hillarious. On the other hand, no need to gloat for those that were lucky either. But if I understand right, no-one had any actual way of knowing who was able to log on, so any advantage should be miniscule, except for perhaps a few bounty rushers. (Do they still exist?)

Btw Alci, love ya new signature. ;)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
It obviously wasn't minuscule since it changed the round drastically if you'd actually read before posting your opinion - sadly that appears to be too much for you.

Keep on calling the remaining part of the player base sad though. *shakes head*

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
But people do blame governments for natural disasters Dax. ;) however that doesnt make it right.

Not ones that are totally uncharacteristic for the area. Hence I said 'tornado in London'!
I personally believe that if you don't take advantage of a gift of a situation like that - You're not in it to win it. Simple.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
It obviously wasn't minuscule since it changed the round drastically if you'd actually read before posting your opinion - sadly that appears to be too much for you.

Keep on calling the remaining part of the player base sad though. *shakes head*

It really didn't change the round all that drastically. Our rushes were just as effective before and after the Server hiccups; so I'm not sure where you're getting "drastic" change from.

Razorwolf

Pruner
Even if you buy game cash weekly, sometimes things like this happen. It's not like he purposefully planned it to happen, it was out of his control, a natural disaster in other words.

This.
For example, you can't point the finger at the British government if a tornado comes through London one day and destroys everything, then saying "you didn't build storm bunkers". It's something that is very rare, and not everyone has the foresight to anticipate such problems as a result.

Yes how ever taking action, precautions was in his control...

also, dont forget that this is a business. People pay for this game. Now take for example my work. i work in the printing industry, if a printer goes nuts and ruins a print run of a million copies, we dont say to the customer... "oh well, it was out of our control. here is your effed up job and we still expect payment" that is in effect what azzer did...

Melnibone

Head Gardener
To take your example Razorwolf yes indeed you are a 'customer' of this game but an explanation and an apology for the fault has been given, If this is not satisfactory like all 'customers' you have the option of accepting the above or of taking your business elsewhere

The cut in income will affect Azzers business but like in all businesses sometimes its better to take a small drop in income than to pander to whining spoiled little kids that even after everythings been explained and an apology given still stomp their feet and demand more

The balls in your court as to your actions but dont expect game admins or anyone in real life to pander to unreasonable demands over an incident that with hindsight may have been handled differently but wasnt.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
To take your example Razorwolf yes indeed you are a 'customer' of this game but an explanation and an apology for the fault has been given, If this is not satisfactory like all 'customers' you have the option of accepting the above or of taking your business elsewhere

The cut in income will affect Azzers business but like in all businesses sometimes its better to take a small drop in income than to pander to whining spoiled little kids that even after everythings been explained and an apology given still stomp their feet and demand more

The balls in your court as to your actions but dont expect game admins or anyone in real life to pander to unreasonable demands over an incident that with hindsight may have been handled differently but wasnt.

And that is the exact reply that should of been made by myself, but instead I thought of a metaphor nobody understood. :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
this thing happnes once every 10 years? ...bushtarion has been around just < 10 years i think i cba to work it out.

so any safegaurds he could have put in place/ or has in place, obviously are designed for incidents of a catastrophic nature and what has been experienced before.

its similar to when the game first game out it had bugs, you could hit at 17.5% range when i started playing,it has evolved and changed to try and be better. complaining about the server crash, or this most recent event is like me complaining that actually in round 'z' I died to route (x) this route has changed due to it being overpowered i think i should be reimbursed.

at the time of the event it was thought that everything was as it should be and the best it could be to maximise the players enjoyment, and prevent "hiccups." If it was not it will only be by experience that this can be realised and changed.

the only thing you can claim, is azzer knew this was going to happen, unlike my example. and as such he should have had better safegaurds incase something unforseen happened. he should have thought of every posisble scenario and safe gaaurded against it, but he didnt.....

but as alci says he has apologized, what more do you want. I mean literately what do you want, I'd be interested to see what people feel they are "owed" in a free game that has a malfunction (that affects everyone)

i myself may feel im owed 50,000 acres, because had the server not had a problem the allaince that died to rushes i could have attackd all by myself and killed everyone of them, and stolen every single acre. im about 99% certain.
but itsd too late, the event happen the course of the game was altered for absoloutly every one down the line, not just those that saw the immediate affect. But its okay life goes on.

although we could just restart the round to be safe?