Striker vs Rpg

Zaheen

BANNED
I played Striker too, a few rounds ago.

The route is brilliant for surviving, great for allied play and not so great for solo play because it rarely dies. Whatever you buy usually lives forever so if you grow too big you're just going to get farmed until you have no land left.

The only thing you can do is let yourself get farmed, or suicide constantly with it.

Cost for cost, Apache are rubbish in comparison to other health killing units like Tyrant Drone and Secret Agents.

Go and test it yourself, but it's hard to compare units from different routes against every other health unit because each unit is different. The route is a AR killer, it's not designed to kill SO and Thug players really, but you can base it around health killing it will be okay but it won't do as good as other health killing routes - simple.

-----

RPG on the other hand, can take out a fair bit of flak - the only problem with RPG is when you get SA incoming you've pretty much lost. However if you can somehow manipulate the SA players from attacking you then you'll be okay. Last tick is a little lame but the route fires before anything and again, designed to kill both armour and health pretty legitimately. In contrast to Strikers/Apache - the Snipers die so easily that they're not even worth buying unless you have enough to kill whatever you're killing in one tick.

If you don't, you probably won't even have any Snipers left by tick 2. You always have your trusty Shocks and Humvee to finish the job your Snipers should have. RPG is a much more fun route, clear cut weaknesses but that's what makes it fun.

Striker is just a boring route, way OP and for players who love score really, usually takes 2-3 routes just to kill it properly and even then you need a good few ticks to do it. Pretty good at killing Robotics though, you rarely see many solo Robo players to kill anyway, which means you have to set it up to kill other routes instead.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I'm just going to throw a spanner in your works here - But you're wrong about Snipers, and here is why:

SA (the primary predator of the RPG route) cannot kill them. That tiny bit of armour they have? That stops SA murdering them utterly. The only thing that can is TL (which is how they can BH RPG despite the fact they are appalling at killing RPG themselves), and they always seem to wean out the Snipers from your ratio, regardless of what ratio you use. Oddly, Vampires are the best thing to kill the RPG route with. They can kill every unit the route can buy with ease, quickly and efficiently.

Snipers are one of the best HD units in the entire game. They clear flak, SA, AR-stripped TL, Harriers, Rangers, the lot. They are a beast of a LET.

I've seen SA players rush bigger RPG players that have a large amount of Snipers, and they get utterly destroyed by them - No profit, and no break-evens.

Zaheen

BANNED
I'm just going to throw a spanner in your works here - But you're wrong about Snipers, and here is why:

SA (the primary predator of the RPG route) cannot kill them. That tiny bit of armour they have? That stops SA murdering them utterly. The only thing that can is TL (which is how they can BH RPG despite the fact they are appalling at killing RPG themselves), and they always seem to wean out the Snipers from your ratio, regardless of what ratio you use. Oddly, Vampires are the best thing to kill the RPG route with. They can kill every unit the route can buy with ease, quickly and efficiently.

Snipers are one of the best HD units in the entire game. They clear flak, SA, AR-stripped TL, Harriers, Rangers, the lot. They are a beast of a LET.

I've seen SA players rush bigger RPG players that have a large amount of Snipers, and they get utterly destroyed by them - No profit, and no break-evens.
Have you ever played RPG before Dax?

Perhaps I should have made it clear, I was speaking from a solo perspective, I have played them a few times, including the time I completely wiped out the top 10 of a PW (I didn't even buy any Snipers). I did try to buy some, and none ever fired after the first tick because none survived.

I didn't suggest not to buy any at all although I after reading my post again it pretty much says that. I wouldn't buy too many because they are a waste of funds in my opinion.

Each to their own play style I guess. You play RPG and go ahead and mass Snipers? Even Robotics will come and rape you.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I did, playing the entire round solo until the last day before alliance lockings, when I joined Not On My Watch.

Details for World 1, Round 33 - Panic Attack [7019]:
Game Mode: Standard

Score: 16,565,641,749 [Final Rank: 45] (Highest score held: 16,448,970,413. Highest rank held: 15 for 1 ticks)
Acres: 19,276 [Highest Held: 19,276]
Final Tag: Not On My Watch
Effectiveness: 26,734,964 [Final Rank: 70]
Bounty Hunting: 4,601,703,164 [Final Rank: 26]

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Score: 37,285,014,714 [Final Rank: 20] (Highest score held: 37,208,543,367. Highest rank held: 1 for 985 ticks)
Acres: 21,597 [Highest Held: 21,597]
Effectiveness: 27,527,392 [Final Rank: 69]
Bounty Hunting: 1,618,613,028 [Final Rank: 69]

That settles it. I was strikers. Strikers ftw.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
no. what was settled is that rpg do more damage, go strikers if you want units left.

that is all.

Zaheen

BANNED
Score: 37,285,014,714 [Final Rank: 20] (Highest score held: 37,208,543,367. Highest rank held: 1 for 985 ticks)
Acres: 21,597 [Highest Held: 21,597]
Effectiveness: 27,527,392 [Final Rank: 69]
Bounty Hunting: 1,618,613,028 [Final Rank: 69]

That settles it. I was strikers. Strikers ftw.
LOL

no. what was settled is that rpg do more damage, go strikers if you want units left.

that is all.
I agree, but Robotics is better.

Max

Garden Designer

Spot on DaX - I played allied SA and was shooting off stealth attacks (about a year ago) on lots of RPGs of different shapes and sizes.

The ones with Snipers did surprisingly well! The SAs really don't get great ratios on them alone - and the Snipers pack a punch, doing more HD than SAs themselves I think.

I also played TLs a few rounds back and LOVED it when RPGs bought snipers ;D Same with Vamps as you mentioned. So if you are an RPG and you get SAs incoming - better to buy snipers than hummers if you reckon you can fire, since you'll do far more damage.