Striker vs Rpg

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
No. Ofc. not. He pulled it off because he was in the top alliance, surprise? (Not meant as an insult garret, but it's nowhere near a viable, effective or efficient way of playing outside the top alliance unless you're part of a group rushing people low eta).

Apaches are shitty. Don't buy many unless you're solo.

We played RPG route the way it was needed to beat our opponents, if the situation was different we'd have set-up different. The RPG route allows for diversity and far stronger earlier units compared to Strikers. Strikers don't die and NEED units firing after them as they do no health. If you attack targets 1v1 then you will generally win as your Apaches will fire and kill people in a tick, if you don't want to die as easy, go Strikers. RPGs fire earlier and kill more. Depends what kind of attacks you want to pull off.

Martin > Zaheen

I'm not sure what you mean. If you're talking about the start of the round to win I can see why you'd want a mass shox around, HW's would be useless. Past that though, grenadiers are pretty bad ass.

If you're talking about after you won the round, I can see mass humvee/shox as being useful in defending adrenaline rush stuff. So I guess my comment about going striker if you win the round might not be 100% fact, but it's still pretty bad ass attacking the rank 2 alliance.

Zaheen

BANNED
apaches are fantastic - that is all :p

You'd be surprised at how bad they are (I know I was).
I was surprised at how bad they were as well, and they're even worse if somebody sends CG/Tractors to them...

I hated Apaches with a passion. But then I found them incredibly inefficient at killing stuff - and I do love my efficiency :p
+1

The only good thing about them is their ETA 3 and ability to survive - but who cares about that if you can't kill anything.

Martin > Zaheen
006_dude-that-dog-just-got-pwned.jpg

:L

Last edited:

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Outside the top 30 ill put apaches up as an amazing unit, I jumped to rank 4 bh for a time and got 11k land using apaches, did a hell of a lot of damage only place I find them ineffiicient is in top 30-40.

That has been my experience this round.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
To be fair mate, you did send like 8m at a mixed SO player with no other support units to help them get through and fire.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Actually they did rather well, it was the hq attack dogs let flakking them that stopped me making profit

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Apache rushing people is fun. Why the hate on for apaches? Sure they aren't the most cost effective unit around, but they are pretty sweet.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
They fire late and they do **** damage for their cost (even ignoring the fact of how late they fire). Their only positives are the low eta and relatively hard to kill (but not that hard, considering their cost).

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
They fire late and they do **** damage for their cost (even ignoring the fact of how late they fire). Their only positives are the low eta and relatively hard to kill (but not that hard, considering their cost).

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I never particularly Enjoyed the striker route as it doesnt cater to how i like to play. Id rather do my damage before the target, and have a specific set of routes i can beat. like most routes do, Sa/vamp/tl/dragon/pom.

with striker your either go after robo's (and when i played the route...was not that cost effective vs them 1v1.) Or your firing late, And as i like to grab my land from solos the route becomes quite flak intensive how ever you play it. I just felt it was a route where it mattered more the size of your target and not the route they were, to me it didnt feel inkeeping with the rock scissors paper feel.... It Can be killed by tl/pb, vamp, rpg , sa/ass, dragon. Yet at the same time it can also beat all of those routes with set up tweaks and hitting smaller targets. Then again i could just be rubbish with the route.

But in an alliance striker is much more fun, a big scary striker incoming is more fun and less defendable than an rpg that always gets last ticked and rushed and dies in the big br's that tend towards breaking even.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
I feel im in the perfect spot to judge.

As a member or rank 2 ally in top 20-25 I have few targets I could fight alone yet when I was zeroed I did a ridiculous amount of damage and went from 12 bil more losses then kills to 15 bil more kills then losses and got land quicker and easier then I have as any route before.

Tbh I would happily rush and kill rank 1's so as I am happy to fight even assassin heavy so with the right tweak, but low eta let flak makes it a huge loss for me as experience has shown. Ie I lost vs elder because of hq attack dogs.

I think willy is right about where/when they shine but with tye addittion of low ranks with multiple solo/allied targets that cant put 100m let flak there.

As a note I am including hits on higher score plays as there still quite easy to handle

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
They're a secondary AD unit (RPG/Striker being primary ofc) - Strips armour for Harriers/TL. They have a use late-round in a support role, but obviously early round they are one of the only things that can fight CW when a Shield player techs them early.

But you knew that.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Details for World 1, Round 39 - Remember to forget you forgot me. [683]:
Game Mode: Standard

Score: 54,842,050,560 [Final Rank: 14] (Highest score held: 86,474,401,951. Highest rank held: 1 for 71 ticks)
Acres: 55,443 [Highest Held: 55,443]
Final Tag: Jukebox
Effectiveness: 81,450,241 [Final Rank: 5]
Bounty Hunting: 18,877,889,740 [Final Rank: 5]
Awards: Crop Stasher, Richie Rich, Big Spender, Most Dangerous, Poor Sap, Most Generous, Money Waster

The ID was created on: Fri 04th Feb, 2011. 21:24:22
The ID was deleted on: Thu 28th Apr, 2011. 19:05:02
The ID was deleted because: Round End

Stats from the last time I went striker. Take it for what it is... Fairly active, completely uncontactable, but in the top alliance. Never afraid to suicide.