Striker vs Rpg

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
assuming allied it comes down to this:

-If you won the round go striker (imbalanced route)
-If you aren't pretty much 24/7 contactable go striker
-If you don't want to be woken up a lot at night go striker
-If you are contactable/allied/willing to be rushed and save yourself GO RPG. Awesome route. Mass RPG ftw!

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
-If you are contactable/allied/willing to be rushed and save yourself GO RPG. Awesome route. Mass shox ftw!

ahh there we go.

but seriously, if you are in a ftw ally, rpgs are great (well great all round). you rush to shox, eat up the gurus/etc. you can argue petrols do that and they do, but shox fire all ticks so great support in conjunction with petrols.

heavy weapons are expensive and meh early round. several cheaper routes killing the same or better $ for $

so really it depends on your aim and whether or not you are getting the punit. strikers are tough to kill and everything but grens fire every tick. rpgs are weak last tick.

edd

Tree Surgeon
It is vital to have both in allied play, especially with the slight rise in dog players.

Rest i agree with Iamsmart.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Personally, I find Strikers to be much better. You've got awesome flak killing units (Apache), Strikers which pretty much rock as armor killers, Grens to help wipe out some flak, but the unit that seals it for me, is Marines. You definitely don't need them, but I found them to be the most fun unit. They are nigh impossible to kill, and they do wonderful damage to all sorts of units.

The moral of the story for me, is, depending on your ratios, with Strikers, you can go after almost every route in the game, where-as with RPGs you're pretty limited.

Max

Garden Designer
In terms of raw firepower RPGs are for you - cost for cost they are twice as good as Strikers for killing shizzle.

BUT you will die a lot quicker than a striker. So if you would rather kill things more slowly and live to tell the tale - go Striker!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Pretty much well covered by people. For any new people reading this another view point could be:

Rpg fire first for armour and the health damage fires before alot of other tougherunits...eg rangerdragons marines. This means they aim to kill before fired upon. Because they die fairly easily

Striker fires after rpg and the health damage unit and punit fire well after most of the strong units previously mentioned. That said, the Route is incredibly strong due to its high armour. The aim is therefore to be to strong to be killed off due to high amounts of armour and have units fire after taking damage.

The net effect is in large battle reports strikers will survive, rpgs will die. But then you get the other for and against arguments mentioned earlier. Rpg rushing. Having a unit that is probably the best lethal armour damage for price in the game so great vs robos. Or having units that just dont die. Appache being one of the most heavily armoured lethals for its price and doing huge damage. Either can turn the tide in a big br,if used correctly.

So the real choice is what do you prefer. A battle where the enemy doesnt fire, but if they do you die, or a battle where they will fire but dont do enough damage to you not to take some themselves.

Zaheen

BANNED
In terms of raw firepower RPGs are for you - cost for cost they are twice as good as Strikers for killing shizzle.

BUT you will die a lot quicker than a striker. So if you would rather kill things more slowly and live to tell the tale - go Striker!
Which makes them good for solo due to AR Mod.

However the only bad thing about RPG is they are useless close tick, which is why a good tactic would be to mass Shocks/Humvee - but not many people do that, in fact, I've NEVER seen anybody do that since I started playing.

I'm sure somebody will at some point.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Which makes them good for solo due to AR Mod.

However the only bad thing about RPG is they are useless close tick, which is why a good tactic would be to mass Shocks/Humvee - but not many people do that, in fact, I've NEVER seen anybody do that since I started playing.

I'm sure somebody will at some point.

Garrett and/or Martin did it last round iirc. Garrett has always been a fierce advocate of mass shocks/humvees.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
i ended up with 250m+ (probably more) shox and 700-800m humvees last round indeed.

was only rushed 1x and that was early round. i never got woken up to send out. not once after the first time. also i countered 90% of the harrier/etc rushes by sending humvees. they simply kept everyone away.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Humvees are epic.. Cheap and fast. Great unit.. ^_^ I used them back when I was RPG to counter SA rushes on other folks.

Zaheen

BANNED
i ended up with 250m+ (probably more) shox and 700-800m humvees last round indeed.

was only rushed 1x and that was early round. i never got woken up to send out. not once after the first time. also i countered 90% of the harrier/etc rushes by sending humvees. they simply kept everyone away.
Coolio foolio, Martin is froob.

Reckon it can be done starting mid round and solo? :turn-l:

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
No. Ofc. not. He pulled it off because he was in the top alliance, surprise? (Not meant as an insult garret, but it's nowhere near a viable, effective or efficient way of playing outside the top alliance unless you're part of a group rushing people low eta).

Apaches are shitty. Don't buy many unless you're solo.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
No. Ofc. not. He pulled it off because he was in the top alliance, surprise? (Not meant as an insult garret, but it's nowhere near a viable, effective or efficient way of playing outside the top alliance unless you're part of a group rushing people low eta).

none taken, but i would like to point out that i always had loads of shox even when i tekked rpgs. was always more shox than anything until i started buying humvees. shox were just more useful to the ally at the time.

Zaheen

BANNED

none taken, but i would like to point out that i always had loads of shox even when i tekked rpgs. was always more shox than anything until i started buying humvees. shox were just more useful to the ally at the time.

Because Snipers alone suck, and Shocks are useful for the entire round.

It would be possible to do it solo, but just like any route - when solo, you will always be taken out.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

We played RPG route the way it was needed to beat our opponents, if the situation was different we'd have set-up different. The RPG route allows for diversity and far stronger earlier units compared to Strikers. Strikers don't die and NEED units firing after them as they do no health. If you attack targets 1v1 then you will generally win as your Apaches will fire and kill people in a tick, if you don't want to die as easy, go Strikers. RPGs fire earlier and kill more. Depends what kind of attacks you want to pull off.

Martin > Zaheen