Spies

Stegosaurus

Pruner
you're a total moron.

Ironic post is ironic.
<3

Ironic doesn't mean what you think it means.

Which IS ironic.

http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/dinosaurbasics/a/stegofacts.htm
numero uno.

I fail to see the correlation, apart from in name.

If I set my name as christopher langan or stephen hawking, would you have more respect for me?

If you showed the slightest indication of a sense of humour, I would. Then again, after the major fail you and amanala showed in this topic, it's not hard for me to increase the respect I have for you. :p

edit: And the Counsil of Brilliance and Awesomeness wants to award of most brilliant pwnage of the month to atsanjose, for his beforementioned and quoted link. Good job, and may thy rep shine a little brighter. ^^

Ha! I have to award you kudos, you expertly danced around the issue.

Point is: You are losing, I am not.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Once upon a time I helped plant a spy in an enemy alliance that was trying to kill us and we read all their attack plans (which they screwed up anyways) and totally pwned them. Toby will remember more. Anyways, that was an amazing time and I definitely did enjoy the experience since the enemy alliance was full of jerks, and it seemed like a funny thing to do.

This isn't strictly true. What actually happened was that Crumpet's alliance (Penthouse) and another alliance (Pestilence) wanted to kill our alliance (EventHorizon) so they planned a joint attack 2 vs 1. This was just after we'd been attacked by 4 or 5 other alliances, being Genophobia, Protest, Breasticles, Renaissance, and a couple of members of SexOnTheBeach.

For some bizarre reason Crumpet decided to invite the leader of our alliance (Bindhi) and another member of our alliance (Blackbeard) to help attack us. Apparently she had no idea they were in the alliance. So she invited them to join their attack planning IRC channel, which they did. They then proceeded to paste all their IRC logs in our politics to give us a better chance of defending against rather overwhelming odds. Unfortunately their attack planning was so bad that what they planned and what they actually did were two completely different things, so it didn't give us much advantage after all. It was still pretty hilarious though.

So we didn't plant a spy in their alliance, just in their IRC channel.

And they really were asking for it. It wasn't like we tricked our way into their channel, it was just that their intelligence was non-existent.

PS: I'm always right, Gooner. You know that.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
i am afraid you two are morons.
Seems theres no getting through to people like you :(

Coyote

Digger
ok, had to post on this one. As leader of one of the alliances that was spied at round start, i agree that it is part of the game. As is Rank 1 whining 3 weeks in, that they have no targets. Take the beating, remeber that ya are not FTW, and spend the round laughing at rank 1 being bored while the rest of us enjoy a competitive round.

I would also like to state that Twigs is a tool. Bush without Twigs would be a much better bush. Powerblock that, Fool.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Keep talking. You entertain me.

you must be new here, the Davs cant lose, it isnt within his capacity to lose
Davs achieves success in all in his endeavors and is the embodiement of pure awesome, albeit with a hint of disco, but thats excuseable :p

Alvestein

Garden Designer

Keep talking. You entertain me.

you must be new here, the Davs cant lose, it isnt within his capacity to lose
Davs achieves success in all in his endeavors and is the embodiement of pure awesome, albeit with a hint of disco, but thats excuseable :p

nothing wrong with a hint of disco. It refreshes me.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
I would also like to state that Twigs is a tool. Bush without Twigs would be a much better bush. Powerblock that, Fool.

lol, I love how people who don't even know twigley or have ever even played a round with him go hell for leather to try and make him out to be a bad guy.

He has more interest in the good of this game than most.

So before you go throwing punches in, next time check you facts before you do so.

Nub.

Souls

Official Helper
Quit Insom. Twigs is a massive tool! Like a wrench, or a screwdriver. Or a forklift :O

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Throw my 2 cents in on Spies.

Between top allies? Its to be expected.. But when you plant one in a small one, especially one who has no aspirations for the top? Then your just pathetic..

The players are a bunch of bashing whiners now. It was more fun to play back in the day when people liked to see the big battle reports, whether they are winning or losing.. Too many score queens nowadays. There are still a few good players, but most of them are only interested in ruining the round as soon as possible so they can have "bragging" rights..

I remember now why I stopped playing so long ago.. The PW insomn made was a blast, even if it was extremely short. It was fun to fight. ^_^ but now that I'm in W1.. Its very different.

My advice ? Learn to have some fun. I give this game a few more years before the player-base is so small, there will only be 2-3 alliances playing at all.

Coyote

Digger

lol, I love how people who don't even know twigley or have ever even played a round with him go hell for leather to try and make him out to be a bad guy.

He has more interest in the good of this game than most.

So before you go throwing punches in, next time check you facts before you do so.

Nub.

I have played with Twig. And have/had much respect from him. Hit me up some time for the pm logs. My facts are from his mouth, not from his reputation.

Jonny

Weeder
Ah, this thread again.

Everyone is on even ground at the start. If you think spies are so unfair and they "ruin your round" (Stop crying, we're 5 days in), then try using one yourself. Several alliances this round have managed to avoid any spies getting in, it's your own fault for recruiting them.

I quite disagree. You may be in one of the alliances where you have known the players for rounds. You may be one of the players who know who you can trust. But, slightly farther down the winds are constantly changing and new players that have no way of knowing these things are around. Alliances that already played need new players because of the dwindling playerbase. Fact is it ISNT your fault if you recruit a spy. You have no way of knowing if you can trust the person on the other side until its too late. Its like those cases of rape in the beginning of a relationship, a woman goes on a date with someone she only knows from the internet and gets raped... You think its her fault she ended up getting raped?

And yes its a reason for the dwindling playerbase because someone playing for the first time even if super active has no chance->Top allies suspect a spy and deny him, bottom alliances have spies which make them get steamrolled.

As for "stop crying were 5 days in" I hope your right about History not winning, but something that needs to be fixed is the fact that a round can become so one-sided so early on... Maybe by banning spies? Obviously there's a reason these threads come up so often: nothing is being done to solve the situation.

magpie

Planter
Well, 4 the good of the game lets hope not.

P.S. I started the round so will finish the round even if am the only 1 left and learn from my mistakes next time.