Spam Bots

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
I'm always curious, how do these spam bots pick which thread they are going to go on? Is it completely luck of the draw as sometimes they post twice in the same thread and only once in others?

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Inspired by the 'someone with power' start to Dave's topic has there been an upsurge in the number of spambots lately, or is it just my imagination?

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
i thought there had been more than usual lately. And i'm sure there was one the other week that had picked a thread that was quite old.

Last edited:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
iirc this forum has always been hit, but for a while azzer / weeble would periodically go through and tweak this vbulletin's options and code or whatever and stem the flow.

now we have no admins to do that and no active mod coverage. (sporadic coverage, yes. leads to sporadic rule enforcement too, which is always fun) so spambots are here to stay until bush is no longer profitable to keep running.

AND I LIKE CAKE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Indeed. Garrett3: Electric Boogaloo!

and i do indeed like (some kinds of) cake.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Shall we move the rest of the forums to the spam section so you can continue to post without ruining your post count, Garrett? :p

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
motion 2nded and carried.

edit: i just realized that someone removed their post (or their account was removed) prior to my magnets post. blah. out of context now.

Last edited:

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
4 options I think....

1. Delete old posts (not sure if this works, also might remove valuable input you had somewhwere!
2. Only post in spam
3. Create a new account so your old one just sits there like a shiny golden god
4. Shut up lol

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
as someone with a greater post count than I... you may want to replace your glass :D