• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Sorc Buff

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm not going to prettify my post (sorry), basically Sorcs are flucking useless, they need to have more health so they can kill *some* flak, I have spoken to Kuda and he agrees they should do between 1:6-7 on flak, currently they do 1:4. As it stands I can't kill anyone with my route, anyone with any flak, takes me 3 ticks to kill, so my Sorcs don't fire on LETs, nothing else in the route fires early so I take heavy losses and the survivability isn't great either. (I am not packing heavy on Witches and Golems when I have no firepower).

Davis who is also using Sorc route this round agrees it is useless. Give it a buff, maybe even a mid-round buff because I honestly can't attack *anyone* properly.
I'm even using Golems to kill the flak before Sorcs fire but I need too many to make it work so again I have no firepower.

Give Sorcs a buff!!!

Davis

Tree Surgeon
As martin said I completely agree, I saw dragons and though man they're going to just make this route OWN, thinking this I begged to play this route, I have tried so many different ratios, lots of sirens (they get terrabad ratios and die first tick) Lots of Sorc (they kill only flak and not even very effectivly) and lots of dragons ( they do decent dammage but are too expensive for firing after they die). Currently the way the round is going I cant even do decent dammage to people 30% of me, and normally i refuse to attack in groups but without doing so i can be stopped easy by just about anyone. So unless there is a buff coming I will be forced to restart... and suggest no one play this route.

Silence

Head Gardener
I'm not going to prettify my post (sorry), basically Sorcs are flucking useless, they need to have more health so they can kill *some* flak, I have spoken to Kuda and he agrees they should do between 1:6-7 on flak, currently they do 1:4. As it stands I can't kill anyone with my route, anyone with any flak, takes me 3 ticks to kill, so my Sorcs don't fire on LETs, nothing else in the route fires early so I take heavy losses and the survivability isn't great either. (I am not packing heavy on Witches and Golems when I have no firepower).

Davis who is also using Sorc route this round agrees it is useless. Give it a buff, maybe even a mid-round buff because I honestly can't attack *anyone* properly.
I'm even using Golems to kill the flak before Sorcs fire but I need too many to make it work so again I have no firepower.

Give Sorcs a buff!!!

Whilst I totally agree with your concern, and that sorc cannot beat anything, but isnt the point of the route to compliment other routes?

I was always under the impression that the route was difficult to hit on your own and difficult to go on the offensive alone, however is a very nice compliment for other routes. Like a puppet siren combo easy bribing? Terror and sorc combo would easily kick some armoured routes. In my opinion try double teaming. but ofc requires an attack partner =/

But ya - I think them doing less damage to flak has made them worse

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
It's been rough attacking for me, but I have been having a bit of success. You just need to stay away from armor. Believe me, this route isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. I've been doing a good grip of damage to the few who have attacked me, and had my AR not failed me my damage ratio would still be above 2.5, but somehow 20m TL fired on me 10 ticks after I got majorly crippled fighting an RPG.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
hmm no no. sorcs are just fine. no one remembers me complaining about the new unit stats and saying how much mystic got shafted?

oh wait. I'm a tunnle vision person. ok. ok

OK. Tik Tak.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
hmm no no. sorcs are just fine. no one remembers me complaining about the new unit stats and saying how much mystic got shafted?

oh wait. I'm a tunnle vision person. ok. ok

OK. Tik Tak.

What a useful post, thanks.
I remember you arguing about unit purposes, the purpose of the Sorc unit is still the same. I am simply saying that the stats change is not sufficient to meet this purpose.

Your argument was that the purpose was wrong, which therefor makes you wrong :)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
np. my purpose here is to be wrong about everything. :roll:

you all can use different words with same meaning, etc, etc. purpose, stats, usefulness, whatever.

doesn't matter. you all will take what i've said, saying, posted, do pretty much what i describe then put different yet similar words on it and say what a brilliant job you've done.

i simply post to give everyone a form letter to delete key words and insert what they need.

but no seriously, all the stats were tested and declared awesome. no changes plz. instead of having a discussion when i brought disagreement everyone jumped on the hate bandwagon instead of asking.

So in essence, yes you are right Martin, I didn't post all my thoughts on it because no one wanted to listen. So I encourage the 'no listening' now! no changes.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Ok, after another week of attacking/getting bashed I want to update my complaint.

So Sorcs have become a bit more Armor based, yet I'm finding I can't kill any of the Armor-based routes. They don't have enough firepower, target ALL and are ridiculously expensive for what they give.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I believe actually you will find the 'all' targetting an issue for any route with this targetting for the 'main unit'.

but without going into all the routes, let us pick a recent example (and no i do not consider f117 'main' - just an example of 'all' targetting)

Like f117's, in the gripe thread or whatever, people were spot on about the f117's usage. makes people 2nd guess LET rushing, otherwise it's pretty much just a flak killer no matter how much you mass on them. If you mass too much, you can't do anything else than die.

It could stand to have a 4-6k reduction in price per unit, otherwise up it another 2-3k and make it target All/Let... or all/nld for dem pommes. (but being a military route, we want that LET precious)

good luck.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I believe actually you will find the 'all' targetting an issue for any route with this targetting for the 'main unit'.

I think the issue is with people seeing Sorcs as the 'main unit' in the route.

That being said, I do agree they could do with a small HD buff. Either that or buff Golem's HD so that the Golems can kill most/all of the flak before Sorcs fire.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
What I don't like about the sorc route is the unpredictability. Sorcs do more HD and more AD than golems and they both target ALL, yet I've seen golems do way more against flak than sorcs do. And the ratios fluctuate wildly depending what time of the day it is (which strikes me as being utterly absurd). I've seen sorcs get 1:4 on flak one tick and then 1:11 the next, and seen golems do like 1:6, despite them only having * HD.

Nothing about the route makes any sense. Either give it a true purpose and make it work properly, or get rid of it.

Matthew

BANNED
again, how the testers didn't notice the pure crapness of the route is beyond me. it's almost like all tests were done by researchers rather than practitioners.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
testing was probably done on the way they play and want to play and no actual 'testing plan' for the event.

when was the last time you heard any of the 'testers' say ooh i want to play sorc, we really need to improve them.

their interests lie elsewhere and so the issues only crop up when they have to take a different role and then be forced to play with that suckage.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
again, how the testers didn't notice the pure crapness of the route is beyond me. it's almost like all tests were done by researchers rather than practitioners.

The route is fine. This specific unit may be a bit weak. However, as Toby said, the route/unit is very unpredictable. When testing, perhaps they were performing at their best rather than their worst. Azzer really should get rid of hidden bonuses.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I just feel for a unit that costs 58k and targets all, I should be getting more than 1:4 against flak. That's really all I'm complaining. Golems have been reliably getting 1:6 on flak, and they cost only 30k, and they fire ALL 3 ticks.

As for now I have stopped wasting my funds on Sorcs and been putting them elsewhere.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking! Hey, again, good team you have there AZZMAN!

Deloitte

Pruner
from what i've seen, sirens are owning TLs quite dramatically. may be worth investing in those.