RSF - A tale of three clowns | R42

flameharvester

Head Gardener
This round has proven to be one of the most enjoyable rounds for me and years so I wish to honour the hard work and dedication put in by RSF members.

So 3-4 weeks into the round i got bored at work and decided to rejoin bushtarion. I spent several days lurking in #bushtarion preying on the innocent like "elle" and "Blueeyes" when recon arrived in #bushtarion and announced his return, I immediately pm'd him to tell him what a nub he is.

During the course of our talk he decided to ask me if i wanted to lurk in an alliance with him and shaggy where we could combine our greet noobiness and gave me the Honour of naming our new alliance. I used all my powers of creativness to come up with our great name.. Recon Shaggy Flamey or RSF.

Over the first couple days of our existance me and recon concentrated on finishing our devs while shaggy busily went to small childrens houses and used his hypnos to recruit there toys for his army.

at this stage several other old players mistakenly wandered in to our alliance drawn by our noob power like insects to a light MWAHAHAHA.

We quickly rose through the ranks (at this stage there was only 6 alliances with more then 5 people) until we reached rank 4 and encountered our arch rival "Misconception". over the course of several days we began warring with them and recon issues the order to get land fat. Now being nerds who spend our days on a game the idea of getting fat came naturally to us and we wallowed in the lands of all those players around us.

On day 3 of the war our alliance was pulling even with only 14-15 members vs their 20 members so me and Angela decided to start rushing them (yes I insist on calling dragons a rush :D) and eventually we caught them all in one big BR where they nearly zeroed us both whilst losing their only useful defensive troops... at this stage the rest of our alliance swarmed them for land leading us to have land nearly equal to obnx and the rank 4 position.

As the week went on we begin attacking DIP only to discover they had a uberleet noob powers too, so it became a game of cat and mouse rushing each other trying to catch them with their defenders offline and them doing the same. eventually our continual harrier rushes caught alci napping (you glorious ******* you) and we were able to even the playing field a little more whilst still growing ridiculously land fat.

As DIP was based on troop score we gradually overtook them and turned our sites to obnx the dark bastion of strength that kept us from landing.. overwhelmed by their great defence and huge troop score lead (we were still mainly land score at this point) we turned back to dip as easier game.

This went for nearly a week of rushing till we woke up one morning to discover ourselves rank 2. PW had done instantly what we could only do one by one and had smashed OBNX In defence... to celebrate we decided to steal more land and so our round began to end... with the lethargy that we were largely untouchable with waves rarely landing on us we all started to die back on activity and drive...

Come Christmas we were done... we didn't care anymore we wanted to roll in some real life fat for a bit. then the waves begin on new years eve and the alliance was rolled. With superhuman attempts and aweasomness we did quite well against what were some of the most organised waves iv seen in along time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now some comments and shoutouts:

For starters we have pretty much the same lineup we had from the start with 3 main exceptions:
Crazy: we kicked crazy because he rubbed us the wrong way great player active contactable etc but he just didnt fit our particular team.
stevey and Derby: these 2 boys were amazingly active defended well etc, then we lost them for 3 days at the height of our war with DIP and were forced to replace them.

Lineup:

Recon: Our "Leader" made some good calls and some bad calls but did a brilliant job. Always came on at the first text i sent him and was always prepared to fight and defend also really led by example in the land fat business haveing over 22k land when i as 2nd highest held 18k.

Shaggy: Shaggy is a brilliant player activity wise and has a great personality managed to cheer me up a few times when i wanted to hunt down the bushtarion server and blow it up his use of hypnos this round has been examplary and overall a great defender :D

Frijj: never was there a more apt ID name as when he saw id made this story and forgot to add him he told me to go f*** myself :D, But besides that a great player who always joined me on rushes and on defence. I expect to see him doing great things in rounds to come.

TimTheTyrant: Good bloke (even if he is a blues fan) has an excellent working knowledge of the game and can often be found doing his best to bounty hunt with his dragons

Redlion aka Patrick:never played with patrick before and whilst not the most experienced player in the world he is eager and listens always ready to jump on and harrier rush with me and/or mrj for bounty or just to annoy the **** out of overly contactable enemies.

Kraydle: this guy with his Activity and his stealth rushes was an asset that was always at hand for attacks or defence.

Komodo: I never worked too much with komodo but when i did my random 2 am check ins he was always either defending or out attacking

Mr-J: Just your average run of the mill insane German, Mr-J whilst at times grumpy was always happy to help out and normally easily contactable.

Steven aka Ded: again I didnt have that much too do with him but he seemed like a good fellow and was always keen to defend even to his own detriment

Decapitator: A relative newcomer to the game by all impressions he learned quickly and he was that scary thing a contactable Aussie who checks in occasionally throughout the day and then plays at night leading to hours and hours of online time

Woody: Was a pleasant committed guy who I didn't get to know well enough but id like to play with again.

Abreu: Yet another crazy aussie was great to play with abreu again after so many round :D still keeps me entertained when hes been drinking

Kuda: always against me and never with me it made a nice to change to ally with kuda this round and before he went on his holiday he was ridiculously active and skilled!

WillyMyChillyBilly: Not much to say about willy that hasnt been said in every round since creation he took over as our night defence guy and did a ****ing fantastic Job

Angela: Again an oldie id only ever played against not with, It was nice to have her on my side for a round, Angela is a brilliantly fun player who was always prepared to text/prank me on, go attacking with me, or give me advice when my gf kicked me out (thanks angela :D)

illumination aka Tiff: Tiffy is great fun to play with she would send on rushes with me for hours on end vs obnx even when all we were doing was keeping them awake :D gonna miss her :(

Zer0: new to our alliance but dependable defender who was just waiting for a chance to shine.

Krazy aka onemangang aka OMG: This lad is ridiculously active and always proves amusing in irc

Leo89: last minute addition very diligent and tried his best.

Some awards for the alliance:

Defender: Shaggy for his ridiculous ability to get on within 10secs of the prank and his aweasome use of the POM route.

Attacker: have to split this award 3 ways MRJ for damage done, angela For usefullness in attacks and recon for planning our waves

Prankalicious: Myself for my 252 pranks and 211 texts in december followed closely by frijj :)

Thanks all for a great round sorry if i forgot anything important or its to boring :p

Last edited:

flameharvester

Head Gardener
I also wanna throw a special thank you out there to tim for not being the guy who made our banner

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
A good tale. Thanks for the shout out! You guys livened up my round and while I am not the greatest fan of some of you, the round was more interesting due to your presence. Thanks!

Frijj

Harvester
Flamey is annoyed that he can't add a bit about himself so i have took it upon myself to do so.

First time I have played alongside him and I would love to again. Great bloke to play with, active as hell, and when he was on you could guarantee he was rushing someone. If he wasn't rushing someone, he was planning on it. Great laugh on IRC as well.

I look forward to playing alongside him again.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
A good tale. Thanks for the shout out! You guys livened up my round and while I am not the greatest fan of some of you, the round was more interesting due to your presence. Thanks!

Thanks alci sure as hell made a great comeback round :)

Flamey is annoyed that he can't add a bit about himself so i have took it upon myself to do so.

First time I have played alongside him and I would love to again. Great bloke to play with, active as hell, and when he was on you could guarantee he was rushing someone. If he wasn't rushing someone, he was planning on it. Great laugh on IRC as well.

I look forward to playing alongside him again.

Cheers frijj was always fun rushing with you man like i said I expect great things from you next round :D

Abreu

Pruner
Mr-J: Just your average run of the mill insane German,

Just wait till he reads this

Abreu: Yet another crazy aussie was great to play with abreu again after so many round :D still keeps me entertained when hes been drinking

But I don't drink that much anymore :p