• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

rpgs...

NightNinja

Harvester
i think with the fact that apaches have been downgraded in attack power quietly over time...and the fact that rpgs are cheaper and fire first that there should be SOME draw back to them. how about getting rid of that little bonus...they get so they dont AUTOMATICALLY hit armored units thus they could be flaked...
now all the rpg players are gonna cry about the idea but why should they automatically hit the units you want them too, fire first and be cheaper the other two routes as well. kinda makes the other two obsolete. i mean cmon f117s have the weakness of having no survivability are a pay unit and fire AFTER them. i think that would help balance the game just a bit.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
They only fire R/M, and die pretty easily. Two drawbacks right there.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
RPG are nowhere near as formidable as they used to be, and it takes a tiny bit more thought now to play them than they did before.

Ratio RpgTrooper on ShieldAndroid approx = 1:0.380

Proof.

xvi

Harvester
I say Rpgs drawback is SA's, who are likely watching every move you make and trying desperately to zero everything you have in one tick.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You pretty much must be contactable to play RPG, or (as has been pointed out already) an SA will have their dirty way with you at some point (more likely sooner rather than later). That makes the route really quite difficult to play solo (lest you're very active). Even big RPGs in top alliances are given headaches by comparably small SA players who can keep them up all hours.

Your input, though appreciated ^^, would make RPGs dangerously less desirable to play.

Davs

Garden Designer
how about getting rid of that little bonus...they get so they dont AUTOMATICALLY hit armored units thus they could be flaked...

I think that you're a little confused. That bonus just makes them do more damage to the armoured units that they hit, it doesn't ensure that they actually hit them. They're still easily flakked against - just buy more HWs/grens/marines/privates

No-Dachi

Official Helper
If you're not getting Marines, you could easily stack up on a lot of cheap Privates and use them as cannon fodder - the world has done so with great success for ages!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
If you're not getting Marines, you could easily stack up on a lot of cheap Privates and use them as cannon fodder - the world has done so with great success for ages!

id suggest grenaider flak personally, maybe not so much for the rpgs, but whether or not u have marines too. although much more expensive and not going to flak you so well ratio wise as privates. They are actually pretty useful making you less desirable to dragons and particularly petrol bomber heavy tl's, in one go. but yeah for rpgs themselves marines or privates work.

though privates will do well to keep units alive. just they wont fire is my only issue. not as fun to attack with either. imo.

rpg debuff....noo.
ps you may just find the striker route isnt for you. i find it isnt for me. its strong and robust, and i always hate defending it, but when i use it it never seems as formidable as i would like. so expensive your army always looks weak and i always would like to send more on solos than ar allows, and it can be zerged effectively, and I always assume strikers would do better on CW than they actually do. the cost is linked to survivability i guess in addition to AD, and they do miniscule HD...apache have late init.. damn tough to kill though overall, swings and roundabouts.

Last edited:

NightNinja

Harvester
You pretty much must be contactable to play RPG, or (as has been pointed out already) an SA will have their dirty way with you at some point (more likely sooner rather than later). That makes the route really quite difficult to play solo (lest you're very active). Even big RPGs in top alliances are given headaches by comparably small SA players who can keep them up all hours.

Your input, though appreciated ^^, would make RPGs dangerously less desirable to play.

not really all you need is good pom guy on line in an alliance an the tls and sa fall by way side...to be harrier or anything else you need to go into sleep mode or be active because of the early iniative and ill tell you they hit what they are supposed way more than apaches do...it says let than inn that is a load of crap they hit inn first

NightNinja

Harvester
how about getting rid of that little bonus...they get so they dont AUTOMATICALLY hit armored units thus they could be flaked...

I think that you're a little confused. That bonus just makes them do more damage to the armoured units that they hit, it doesn't ensure that they actually hit them. They're still easily flakked against - just buy more HWs/grens/marines/privates

i did....and it doesnt help. they pretty much hit what they are supposed to...if you aint online your screwed and they are cheap...i mean come on harriers dont get a bonus...strikers actually have a unit that has more health and armor against them...rpgs right now the whole route runs so much smoother than the others...

CFalcon

Official Helper
flak them with heavy weapons, grenadiers, officers and privates.

yeah that would work but they automatically hit vehicles and machines first cuz their bonus...so that isnt all that effective

They don't. They just don't. The bonus makes zero difference to what they target. You flak against RPGs in exactly the same way you would flak against any other unit.

NightNinja

Harvester
dude i can show you brs they hit armor units first most of the time...i mean cmon a harrier fires slower, are just as crappy at surviving and dont get a bonus why should the fastest unit the game get that?

CFalcon

Official Helper
Harriers do more damage than RPGs, bonus or no bonus, and have an eta advantage. Also, firing later is actually an advantage in alot of situations (allowing SAs, PoMs etc to clear health flak). Firing before anything else is RPGs biggest weakness, not its biggest strength, as it means they mostly end up firing on flak.

And I can guarantee, (note that, GUARANTEE), that you can't produce any BRs showing RPGs targetting armour ahead of other units.

NightNinja

Harvester
case in point i had 10m emps and 15m pvts 20mil rangers and 10m harriers...the harriers died first buddy swear to god. and they dont hit gardners and harvys like harriers do...or f117s for that matter. you defend them because you probably play them alot as a matter of fact are you going rpgs this round? why even have the other two routes if the rpgs can pwn them...they are CHEAP too...that is the other point its easier to buy 50m rpgs than even 10m apaches....and i gurantee you the apaches die first cuz pom can save rpgs...from dying...NOTHING can save anyone from rpgs...and that is reaaal convienant that my br where i got hit by rpgs is gone...i smell conspiracy.

CFalcon

Official Helper
case in point i had 20mil rangers and 10m harriers...the harriers died first buddy swear to god. and they dont hit gardners and harvys like harriers do...or f117s for that matter. you defend them because you probably play them alot as a matter of fact are you going rpgs this round? why even have the other two routes if the rpgs can pwn them...they are CHEAP too...that is the other point its easier to buy 50m rpgs than even 10m apaches....and i gurantee you the apaches die first cuz pom can save rpgs...from dying...NOTHING can save anyone from rpgs...and that is reaaal convienant that my br where i got hit by rpgs is gone...i smell conspiracy.

The RPGs fired on the rangers and harriers at the SAME TIME. You can't actually show me the harrier number going down and THEN the ranger number going down. The two numbers went down at the SAME TIME. It's no surprise that more harriers died than rangers, because rangers have health and RPGs don't do health damage. Yes more harriers died than rangers, but NOT because the harriers were targetted first. It's just that RPGs can't kill rangers well.

Your argument is equivalent to saying that SAs target RPGs before humvees, because the RPGs are always the ones that die "first" to SA. Nothing to do with humvees being more armoured than RPGs is it?

And RPGs don't target gardeners whereas harriers do? You actually think that? Stop making claims until you have a proper understanding of game mechanics.

NightNinja

Harvester
case in point i had 20mil rangers and 10m harriers...the harriers died first buddy swear to god. and they dont hit gardners and harvys like harriers do...or f117s for that matter. you defend them because you probably play them alot as a matter of fact are you going rpgs this round? why even have the other two routes if the rpgs can pwn them...they are CHEAP too...that is the other point its easier to buy 50m rpgs than even 10m apaches....and i gurantee you the apaches die first cuz pom can save rpgs...from dying...NOTHING can save anyone from rpgs...and that is reaaal convienant that my br where i got hit by rpgs is gone...i smell conspiracy.

The RPGs fired on the rangers and harriers at the SAME TIME. It's no surprise that more harriers died than rangers, because rangers have health and RPGs don't do health damage. Yes more harriers died than rangers, but NOT because the harriers were targetted first. It's just that RPGs can't kill rangers will.

Your argument is equivalent to saying that SAs target RPGs before humvees, because the RPGs are always the ones that die "first" to SA. Nothing to do with humvees being more armoured than RPGs is it?

And RPGs don't target gardeners whereas harriers do? You actually think that? Stop making claims until you have a proper understanding of game mechanics.

dude ive playing the game for a long goddamn time i aint some noob...so dont talk to me like one....and that right there is there is the reason why the player base dwindell cuz of ppl like you. You find someone who doesnt agree with you...btw i had to adjust what i had cuz i had alot of emps, pvts and officers too and guess what...THEY DIDNT HELP....the rpgs still killed what the guy wanted them to kill...and ive hit gardners alot with harriers because of the fact that hit let and then all...ooo pulled some mechanics on YOU...how you like that.

NightNinja

Harvester
and further more cuz now you've gone and pissed me off...what gives you the right to insult ppl as you see fit. Azzer must not be very selective in his choice of helpers because he would of noticed that you need to work on your ppl skills