Respect

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
shouldnt official helpers show more respect to people? In irc and on the forums? Im not on about how they play the game but in the way they talk to people in general ive seen a lot of evidence that show a lack of respect to the people in general, should someone in authority be allowed to do this especially in such a public way? How are people suppose to go to them for help when they show such contempt for other people in public?

I would like to stress this isnt an attack on the bushtarion staff who i think are doing a great job at what they do!

Also like to point out that this is nothing to do with the way they play ingame i havent come across them yet ingame, this gripe is purely based on the way they seem to treat people on irc and the forums.
QFT

Twigley you have now once again come here and voiced this whole thread like it would be aimed against you. Angela didnt mention any names and that never was her intention to post this towards anyone as person. As such I think you coming here and trying to voice your opinions makes you look more guilty than anything else.

Please understand that even you argue, have fights and are on different side of the fence with someone else, doesnt mean you would need to act immaturatedly and hostile towards them. It is very possible to voice your opinions without doing it in hostile/unfriendly/childish manner. We have some very good examples of such activity on these forums and on IRC of persons who are defending their views but NEVER act unfriendly and maybe best example of all times is Angela herself.

WildDisease

Pruner
<AaRoN> Sometimes I think many of you Ops are insults just to look at...but I'm sure lots of you thought that about me while I was an Op.
<WildDisease> hahaha
<WildDisease> +1 AaRoN
<WildDisease>
* WildDisease likes this (Y)

Need I say more?
I could show you all the other half of that conversation on request :)
In short: Disrespectful ops

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
<AaRoN> Sometimes I think many of you Ops are insults just to look at...but I'm sure lots of you thought that about me while I was an Op.
<WildDisease> hahaha
<WildDisease> +1 AaRoN
<WildDisease>
* WildDisease likes this (Y)

Need I say more?
I could show you all the other half of that conversation on request :)
In short: Disrespectful ops

disrespectful? in what way? :/

so yeah, if the other half is proper post it :)

Now its just like you're ordering a pizza without cheese and tomato sauce

saint1d

Head Gardener
Respect is something that should be displayed to everyone by everyone. Patience also.

I must admit that 99% of the time I have found people within the Bush community to be respectful of each other.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Respect is something that should be displayed to everyone by everyone. Patience also.

I must admit that 99% of the time I have found people within the Bush community to be respectful of each other.

Give that man a jaffa cake- this is exactly the right sentiment.

I must admit that I have seen a lot of unnecessary provocative actions- not just against helpers/ops but also against others- on forums/IRC recently. It seems to me that some players can't help but set their stall out to cause trouble. Having said that, I agree with saint1d, most of the time I see civility and respect between players here :)

Dafydd

Pruner
Mod/Helper/Op is a position of authority and respect within the game.

Ergo, no swearing, no being a jerk (or jerkess), and no impatientness.

Professionalism ftw.

Dafydd

Pruner
Ha ha, I don't know if that was sarcasm or not there f0xx my dear, but I'll assume you meant it!

Podunk

Head Gardener
Mod/Helper/Op is a position of authority and respect within the game.

Ergo, no swearing, no being a jerk (or jerkess), and no impatientness.

Professionalism ftw.

Exactly what a helper should be. There are very few mods/helpers that I have respect for at the moment. Most are jerks.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A quick scan through the actual helper system in-game - every single response there is fantastic. I haven't seen a single bad helper in terms of their helper responses on the in-game response system, and remember every time a helper responds there, the "helpee" can "rate" their response, and every other helper (and me) can see the response (and add further replies if necessary).

Though admittedly some attitudes are awful outside of the "in-game helper" system, which is not a good image to give out. People should be friendly, polite, and professional (and helpful!) in all mediums related to Bushtarion, if they're wanting to represent the game and community in a positive light.

ZigZag

Harvester
nope they have all the power
you can get kicked for changing you name to the wrong thing then implying it's their time of the month

Markb

Harvester
Community Operator
though admittedly some attitudes are awful outside of the "in-game helper" system, which is not a good image to give out. People should be friendly, polite, and professional (and helpful!) in all mediums related to bushtarion, if they're wanting to represent the game and community in a positive light.

qft