• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

"Report Cheater" button

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
I suggest putting a Report Cheater button on each ID. Someone who thinks a certain player is cheating could click the button, and then type in why he/she thinks this player is cheating.

As it stands, not everyone (new people especially) know how to report a cheater, or can be bothered to type up a complaint and mail to ID 1, so there are likely cheaters going unreported; this fixes that problem. Also, I imagine it can be unnecessarily time-consuming for Azzer to sift through a PM or three to find who is being accused. This would allow Azzer to at a glance see how many complaints are out against a certain ID (so if one player has been reported 4 times, he can look into it ASAP), and then see the reasons for the charges.

The only problem against this I can see is that it might be abused, "OMG that guy hit me 5 times in a row REPORT CHEATER!!!1". But of course this is all done in-game, when one is logged into an ID, so any abuse can be easily spotted (that guy who reports everyone who attacks him and doesn't recall...) and the appropriate actions can be taken. Really it allows no abuse that isn't already possible; if an alliance wants to have everybody report ID XXXX as a cheater for whatever reason they already can.

So in short: Such a button will allow for more and better cheater reporting, and allow Azzer to spot and address issues more quickly and easily.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
you could also call it "abuse this function" -button

Did you read my post? I'm pretty sure I addressed the issue of possible abuse. Nobody is going to be able to just anonymously report whoever they want. Anyone who abuses it is going to be spotted very easily and dealt with.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
you could also call it "abuse this function" -button

Did you read my post? I'm pretty sure I addressed the issue of possible abuse. Nobody is going to be able to just anonymously report whoever they want. Anyone who abuses it is going to be spotted very easily and dealt with.

Subject to account locking, temporary at first, then permanent leading to account deletion if it persists.

Pretty simple way of dealing with the problem imo.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Yep. Even just a warning the first time they decide that the whole enemy alliance is probably just one person :p I really don't see it being abused except by a few retards who would quickly be dealt with.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Been suggested before, but i liked the previous suggestion where helpers got to trim the obvious waste of time reports.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Hmmm...
*Thinks through the process*:

Format:
On a 'Report this ID' page (linked from the current 'ID View' page) with a comments/reasons/facts section to fill in.

Situation 1:
- Player X is innocent.
- Player A reports Player X out of frustration/annoyance/spite/not understanding the rules.
- The comment/reason is highly likely to be obviously not a proper report of cheating.
- This could be filtered out Helpers, and responded to appropriately.

Situation 2:
- Player Y is guilty and cheating.
- Player B reports Player Y after observing the cheating.
- The comment/reason would be full of facts, dates, times, events, etc... relating to the cheating.
- This would be referred on after moderation by Helpers onto Azzer for investigation and appropriate action.

Situation 3:
- Player Z is innocent.
- Player C reports Player Z in an effort to get them locked as they are strong competition.
- The comment/reason would be full of facts, dates, times, events, etc... relating to the 'apparent' cheating.
- This would be referred on after moderation by Helpers (as it would appear to be a genuine claim) onto Azzer for investigation.
- Azzer would find no fault, and no action would be taken.

Generally speaking, it would work well - but there 'could' be a LOT of abuse for that third situation, and a lot of work generated by it.

There is a solution to that, and that would be for Azzer to give another trusted individual (or two) the task of doing initial investigations into reports, with a limited system of being able to undertake spy scans as a Helper. (Effectively nothing more than free spy scans where the individual could spy targets without it being from their own account, or it coming up in the targets news {This could be logged/monitored occasionally by Azzer to ensure any Helpers aren't abusing the 'free spy scans' for their own personal use}).