quick math / bush stat question

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
*I know the stars system on the manual page is a rough estimate*

If i wanted to work roughly out cost effective units i would total the amount of stars a unit had and divide by the cost of the unit...

BUT

how do i take into account the units firing on more or less ticks to make it a fair judgement?

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I don't think it will be as simple as that. You also need to factor in initiative. Besides, some units are useful because they only fire on a certain tick (e.g. news vans), and some units are made more effective because they have a synergy effect. I guess to an extent the targeting of the unit would matter as well, depending on your goal.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Yeh but initiative is something I can see more clearly without including imo,yeh i get that about NV but I'm just looking at specific units like are VD "better" let flak than say WW,VD being slightly cheaper but WW firing on 3 ticks so being more "scary" is what I'm trying to determin if you get moi?Also SUP GAZZY!

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
You can't figure any of this out based on the star ratings. Gargoyle's health, for instance, is two or three times lower than the health of other units with the same stars. And ** could some times be closer to *** than to other **s.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
But what is most important? The flak function, or the damage function?

Either or dachi,just cost effecicy is what I'm interested in-so what can do the most damage for the smallest cost or what can survive the best for smallest cost.

Yeh good point dimi,how do you know that about the gargs though?I guess I could work this out abit better if I had a battle calc.(if anyone has pls pls send!) thanks anyway chaps

No-Dachi

Official Helper
So yeah, the numbering in itself is not hard to make out. The issue is what you want to use it for. As you have to factor in dmg vs survivability vs initiative vs composition of ar/hp.