• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

praise section

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
...we have a gripes section, but id like a praise section or at least consider it (partially to boost moral), not so much kiss ass or anything for a job well done by anyone in particular. though there are a few bushtarion staff that i think do a good job. nonetheless and id probably praise from time to time if such a section was available. but more for if you have a good battle with some one. or they do well, or they do something unexpected or cunning like a well timed counter. just to give them a bravo, pat on the back, im impressed by your determination. i imagine it may be under used. and people will say just pm, the person.

but in an instance last round i thought some one did something very clever when defending against me, and i was gonna say nice job. but they only accepted messages from firends, and had thier profile private. so they will never know. but on the off chance they enetered the forums it would be nice to have a place where i can give a tip of my hat & a 'GG'. mesage. also sometimes alliances that you expect to be underachievers pull a fast one. and it would be quite nice if instead of seeing only complaints, if those with the right sportsmanship attitude and ftf attitude wanted to they could praise some one for a job well done even if they died. anyway just a thought

Davs

Garden Designer
I like the idea of this. Sadly, I can see it becoming more prone to flaming than the gripes section already is (someone says someone else did something really clever. Arrogant tosser says that it wasn't impressive and that the poster is just a tool. Spiralling pit of BS.)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I like the idea of this. Sadly, I can see it becoming more prone to flaming than the gripes section already is (someone says someone else did something really clever. Arrogant tosser says that it wasn't impressive and that the poster is just a tool. Spiralling pit of BS.)

Agreed.

Seems like a nice idea on the face of it. Would make things seem a bit positive even if it wouldn't be used that often but it could just end up with a 100% flame rate ;)

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Agreed.

Seems like a nice idea on the face of it. Would make things seem a bit positive even if it wouldn't be used that often but it could just end up with a 100% flame rate ;)

we do have bansticks for that

i like the idea

Alvestein

Garden Designer
i like the way we're now so cynical of the community that we're instantly thinking the worst in people :p

Davs

Garden Designer
i like the way we're now so cynical of the community that we're instantly thinking the worst in people :p

cynicism is merely optimism that's been happy slapped by reality
['tis a quote from something, but I can't remember what]

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Agreed.

i like the idea

Agreed with all above. Same hesitations too, but what's the worst that could happen?

Walking_Death

Harvester

Agreed.

i like the idea

Agreed with all above. Same hesitations too, but what's the worst that could happen?

Banning half the community?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Well, I think the community probably couldn't keep their flame off (myself included); so it would be another weird hybrid forum like "Gripes".

Also, I think it would be more beneficial to the game if "praise threads" were to be found in General Discussions (or whatever the main one is called). Then it's smack dab in the proverbial middle of the forums, where most visitors are likely to look. Surely it's better to keep praise right out in front where people can see it, rather than segregated away in it's own little obscure forum subsection?

Zaheen

BANNED
I'm sure it was suggested with all the right intentions...

But I don't feel like a thread like that will help the game at all, the only players worthy of such comments are modest players - who probably wouldn't even want the comments.

Arrogant players shouldn't get them, it would only make them more arrogant.