• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Possible minor changes - Consultation

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The ability to add mob notes to outgoing screen

I don't really see it being of much importance or any use if I'm honest?

I would love to have mob notes on outgoings!

I could very quickly write down which outgoings were real and which were fake.

I could mark down certain outgoings for recalls.

I could write "free land on this solo!" and people could jump in without checking pols.

Would be fab!

If we get nothing else, I want this.

edd

Tree Surgeon

I could write "free land on this solo!" and people could jump in without checking pols.

Would be fab!

If we get nothing else, I want this.

First class idea James :)

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
i wanna say this has been suggested before. i'll have to go back into suggestions to see if azzer said why not. probably laziness.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
I'm sure i've seen it before as a suggestion, but it is still a brilliant one, another vote from me :p

that looks like agreement, on something, if we ignore Nightmare's meh vote :p but still, agreement, on this forum, A MIRACLE! THE END TIMES APPROACH!

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
>>>that looks like agreement, on something, if we ignore Nightmare's meh vote but still, agreement, on this forum, A MIRACLE! THE END TIMES APPROACH!<<<

rofl yeah what!!
if nothing else I feel good just to have several agreements with the idea.. krikey even Garrett did not argue it :O didn't really vote in favor.. but with Garrett anything short of it not being completely tossed is a win!!!

Reactions: Max

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Would be fab!

Nice idea - and a change of the size we're looking at.

Update - I'm hoping to have enough free time next week to work on a solid list to take to Azzer.

I'm thinking I'll begin by taking him a list of changes like the one Max has just made (i.e one that doesn't require a discussion - That is just clearly a good thing :p) and then work on a strategy for agreement on the remainder.

Chris_

Head Gardener
Fix in the manual that is says SD do more HD and AD than IG, when they clearly don't!

Im pretty sure this has been addressed many many times before. The manual is a rough guide and should never be taken as fact. Prime example is CG/Gard, both have */* for HD/AD yet CG in reality have a shitload more armour than normal gards.

Quote from the manual itself "Please note: The "* Ratings" (eg ***) are only a general guideline, they are not exact figures. For example if a unit does 1 * of health damage, that does not mean that you just need 4 of them to kill a unit that has 4 * of health. They are purely a guideline to give you an idea of what sort of damages, and resistances, each unit has without spoiling too much of the game. Actual figures are not available anywhere."

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Lol I know they're only a guideline, but surely something with 2 stars HD and AD should be out-damaging something with one? I always thought they were rough bandwidths for damage, didn't realise it was completely arbitrary!

Chris_

Head Gardener
Not really. For example IG could be 1.9999999 HD/AD and SD can be 2.0 HD/AD (bad example but roll with it) because i don't think it rounds up?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
If you categorize each of the routes into their tech trees as tech tiers, you can vaguely compare unit stats within the same tiers (ie compare guru with sd). Cross-tier comparison is where it really loses any sort of worthwhile reliability.