People who don't realize it's April Fools Day

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
They're actually pretty amusing, but by the 5th time someone comes in yelling about how Azzer must be on crack because of his changes to alliances next round...

:drinking:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Daaamn i was about to make a gripe about this change!

Garrett

Landscape Designer
lol - this joke has been better than the past ones. i wanted to post in twig's gripe thread!

Max

Garden Designer
Completely fooled the hell out of me, I've been cooped up inside all day and completely forgot it was the first of April!!! xD

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, is it April 1st today? I had not realised when I made my announcements.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
April Fool's day is fantastic. I can't believe people who read this sort of 'unbelievable' stuff don't happen to remember the date. Hilarious :D

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I hate april fools day.

The person who created it is an idiot.

heh if it's to be believed on this day... i was trying to find the origination and an article said that there is no clear cut evidence pointing to when/where it actually happened...

but they theorized that it happened when the gregorians tried to change the calendar and start the new year on april 1 instead of jan 1. that calendar model was scrapped but some people still went by it. so the people that kept to the 'new calendar' were considered april fools.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
What made me laugh this April Fools day wasn't the handful of people that fell for the alliance changes I announced... what really got me was the number of otherwise sensible, intelligent people who should know me better that believed the Easter Bunny announcement was genuine (I had quite a lot of MSN messages saying things like "Lol @ the alliance april fools! Anyway, any clues on what sort of places the easter egg appears?" etc.). Ahhhh... gotcha! Merry April Fools Day ;) (I'll leave the two April Fools day announcements up for a day to let those who missed them see what they were)

Aww...that one would have been fun!!! I thought that was a really good idea tbh!

Easter Bunnies FTW!!!
;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
What made me laugh this April Fools day wasn't the handful of people that fell for the alliance changes I announced... what really got me was the number of otherwise sensible, intelligent people who should know me better that believed the Easter Bunny announcement was genuine (I had quite a lot of MSN messages saying things like "Lol @ the alliance april fools! Anyway, any clues on what sort of places the easter egg appears?" etc.). Ahhhh... gotcha! Merry April Fools Day ;) (I'll leave the two April Fools day announcements up for a day to let those who missed them see what they were)

Aww...that one would have been fun!!! I thought that was a really good idea tbh!

Easter Bunnies FTW!!!
;)

Bring back White/Black Knights!

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Azzer, I was actually pretty angry to read the announcement this morning, but I have to say yours wasn't as good as the prank my dad pulled on me. He calls me up at 8:30 after I'd been out drinking until sunrise, and of course I answer, and he tells me my old high school had been bombed. Me, clearly hungover/still drunk yell into the phone "OMG, WHAT!"

Sadly, this is how gullible I am whilst 3/4 asleep and drunk.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
the worst thing that happened to me today was being told about 10 times by my son that the easter bunny and or santa clause is standing right behind me... :p

saint1d

Head Gardener
My wife woke me up yesterday by phoning me at 7.30 and telling me that Alan Shearer was going to be Newcastle manager until the end of the season. I told her to piss off and that I wouldn't fall for such rubbish :eek:

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Easter Bunnies FTW!!!
;)

I agree, i want an Easter bunny!!! cant hurt can it?

I thought this was genuine, mainly because i didnt log on yesterday so i only saw it ~10 min ago.
Tbh, i didnt realise it was april fools yesterday either

AndyM

Pruner
My halls of residence emailed everyone saying that due to new government legislation for energy reduction, curtains must be open between 10am and 7pm to reduce the use of lightbulbs, which will be rigorously enforced and heavy fines for those that don't comply.

It was fun seeing people on facebook actually complaining about this new "Curtain Tax" :p