Online MMO I'm playing now, care to join me?

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
You get to be a citizen in the world, pick a country and a region, and level up and make money and all that crap. You can start a business, or run for Congress, or be a soldier, or whatever. The political system is a pretty big part of the game. Right now the US is at war with a major global alliance, which makes for an interesting situation. Much of the Western US is under Russian occupation, Indonesia is hitting from the West, Portugal from the Southeast, and the French are giving Canada a heck of a fight. For you British wankers, the UK doesn't seem to be doing too bad. Scotland is occupied by Hungary, but the UK has a bit of land over in Canada to compensate. There's a major global marketplace with all sorts of commodites and exchange rates and stuff. Presidential elections are coming up within the week, and I know in the US a lot of people are pissed at the current guy since the US has lost like 15 states on his watch.

It's all text based, and totally free, though you can buy some bonus crap if you want. I just started maybe a week ago, but it looks interesting.

http://www.erepublik.com/

If you want to be cool and sign up using my ref link, here it is:

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Devoid

http://www.egobba.de/
^current map of the world, shows who owns what regions

Let me know if you've joined. I've got a couple other Bushies playing also.

:usa:usa

Edit: Since those nasty mods removed my referral link I won't know who has joined unless you say so or specifically friend me in game, name is Devoid.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'll give it a stab, i've always had that hankering for sole power. :D

nick Marcus Tullis Cicero

Changer

Head Gardener
Also giving it a shot, used the referral link whilst it was still up. But for anyone else my nicks Changer_89

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'll give it a try. Citizen: Gerard Menjouit.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Plato's voice made my jizz in my pants.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Friended ye both!

I'm watching the US collapse, it's not pretty. Nobody has any confidence in the president any longer. The top military commander just resigned in disgrace after the crushing defeat in Kansas, and another high ranking official was just sacked after leaking a proposed peace treaty. Under this treaty the US would basically surrender. Permanently cede Cali and Hawaii to Indonesia, and once we could get up some big amounts of gold for reparations we could slowly begin retaking the rest of the states we've lost.

:snipersmile::usa

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Polio, South West, UK. Looks interesting. Although you can't do much per day...(so far, at least).

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Polio, South West, UK. Looks interesting. Although you can't do much per day...(so far, at least).

Added. And yeah, it's a slow start. It picks up once you hit level 5 and can go fight in the wars, you get XP much faster too. They want you to spend 10 Euros to unlock all features right away :p

Anyway, economic/business issues...

I've been checking out price graphs and stuff on this site, trying to figure out what industry to go into once I get enough referral money to start a business. I figured that iron might be a good industry, because we just lost 2 of our 3 best iron-producing states, and iron is pretty damn important for making weapons. So I check the price graph, and to my surprise its price is slowly drifting downward over the past couple days. This was very perplexing. After thinking it over I realize that I'm only looking at the graph for Q1 iron, which is what my startup would be producing. I look at the industry-wide graph and sure enough the prices massively peaked after those two states were lost, and are now steadily moving on up.

But the question remains whether Q1 iron is a good business to go into. I'll be watching it over the next couple days to see where the prices go and stuff. We aren't going to be taking back any iron states anytime soon. If the war continues, I have to assume prices will go up for all levels of iron. But if the new president decides we should get out of the war, there's a lot less use for weapons...